• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

kevin spacey

CosmicG

Bluelighter
Just saw American Beauty and Swimming With Sharks on Netflix, found both to be really good in my opinion. I really like spaceys roles in these movies and wondered does anyone else know any other good films starring Kevin Spacey? Or suggestions of what to watch next based off the movies mentioned above? Thanks guys.

upon reading both kevin spacey and american beauty and asking for a recommendation; the first two films that came to mind were k-pax and pay it forward.

take it or leave it <3

...kytnism...:|

I would also second K-PAX. And of course The Usual Suspects if you havn't already seen it.

If you want something a bit different but also with Kevin Spacey.. check out: House of Cards. It's a TV series but Kevin Spacey dominates the role of a manipulative sociopathic politician. It's a Netflix series so you'll be able to find it.

He's also phenomenal at impersonations: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kWHMH2kxXs

his performance in beyond the sea - which he also co-wrote and directed - is excellent.

and, of course, house of cards.

alasdair

He is an amazing actor. The usual suspects is one of my favorite films.

"And then he showed those men of will, what will really was."

upon reading both kevin spacey and american beauty and asking for a recommendation; the first two films that came to mind were k-pax and pay it forward.

take it or leave it

That´s great man!!

Last edited:
Se7en

Margin Call (even though this has completely different actors than Wall Street it was probably a better sequel to the original compared to Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps)

The Negotiator

And I also agree with Usual Suspects, KPax, Glengarry Glen Ross. Never seen House of Cards or Pay It Forward, but the latter is one of my mothers favorite movies. Great actor.

Actually just saw a Kevin Spacey movie last week, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil (1997). It was alright, he played his role well.

Actually when I saw the thread title I had an immediate fear that I was going to click onto the thread and find something similar to Philip Seymour Hoffman. I'm still upset about that.

Last edited:
hurlyburly

the whole ensemble is fantastic. it should especially appeal to bluelighters.

The usual suspects was great getting ready to watch k-pax next sounds pretty awesome

Agreed I bought a twenty four hour rental on Amazon I plan on trying to watch it one more time before I have to go to work in the morning. I knew Verbal was onto something from the get go but definatly missed some of the key points. Spacey rules.

Watched The Usual Suspects again man the ending of that film is just too perfect. K-PAX was a another good one sucked me in right from the beginning. Spacey just has that way of drawing you into whatever character he plays always complex not one dimensional for a second no matter the role being played. I have yet to see a Spacey film that I did not enjoy thoroughly. This man has become my new favorite actor. What else?? I am about to start watching House of Cards sounds like the type of role spaceywill kill. I wish I could live in K-PAX with Prot :(

I just started house of cards last week. On episode 7. It's really good so far.

Spacey absolutely crushes his role in House of Cards. If it's Spacey performance you're looking for, I think HoC is going to be the cream of the crop for you.

nah he's on god mode a bit too much. it's a good show, but not his best work imo.

hs range is better in kpax or swimming with sharks. and bardough, you need to see hurlyburly if you have not. mainly sean penn and kevin spacey, but all the support is fantastic too.

saw an odd one where he plays this dejected bloke with no sense of belonging or control over his life. has a kid with some stripper type chick.. cate blanchett in fact.. actually thought it was real good and he played it well.

think it was shipping news

agree with dude above, house of cards is kinda shit cause none of the characters have any real emotional depth or range