• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ketamine?

Missmojo80

Greenlighter
They put my brother on a half ml of ketamine three times a day. As well as the fentanyl patch every 3 days and dilaudid .8 when needed. Any thoughts or reviews ECT. Can someone tell me more about ketamine.

Do you mean he has been prescribed Ketamine?
Is it nasal spray?
I think it has recently been approved as a treatment for depression in the USA.

Ketamine is the only drug I would love to be on all the time (apart from weed) it's afterglow days after are amazing. No high just feeling really good as you will know. It should be first line treatment for depression

Do you mean he has been prescribed Ketamine?
Is it nasal spray?
I think it has recently been approved as a treatment for depression in the USA.

God I hope they approve it for depression in the UK too! I've got Borderline Personality Disorder with Major Depressive traits, I take Quetiapine to help it but it's not a drug u wanna carry on taking for the long-term due to the potential of developing serious side-effects like TD and NMS.

They put my brother on a half ml of ketamine three times a day. As well as the fentanyl patch every 3 days and dilaudid .8 when needed. Any thoughts or reviews ECT. Can someone tell me more about ketamine.

Do you know how much the ketamine is in mg, just out of interest?

Can Licensed Psychiatrists in Canada prescribe Ketamine via IV on a regular scheduled basis to someone diagnosed with either Severe Depressive Disorder or Manic Depression Type II? Anyone know the Law in Canada regarding this. Or is Ketamine still too "experimental" in all First World Countries still to this day just like MDMA and LSD are still considered a danger to the public? I saw a documentary whose Father had two Sons who both committed suicide as 19 or 20 year-olds or somewhere around there. The elder Son committed suicide on Christmas Day of one year due to long suffering depression, then the second Son committed suicide the very next year on Christmas day as well. The Father could not handle the PTSD and Severe Depression and even HE wanted to commit suicide but was put on IV Ketamine and it was a miracle drug for him he said. It helped him "forget" certain emotional experiences attached to traumatic events he said. I Gotta re-watch and find that documentary. Probably Youtube search ketamine documentary. Probably Vice or something.

They can RX ketamine nasal spray in Canada now for mental disorders, but it's super expensive... a rip off IMO. The product is called Esketamine.

Missmojo80... sounds like your brother is being put on a comprehensive pain management plan. What's going on with him that he's in so much pain?

They can RX ketamine nasal spray in Canada now for mental disorders, but it's super expensive... a rip off IMO. The product is called Esketamine.

Missmojo80... sounds like your brother is being put on a comprehensive pain management plan. What's going on with him that he's in so much pain?

Foreigner,

Thank you for the info on the legal status and other specific details pertaining to Canada.

Can anyone signpost to a guide or how to recipe for creating ones own ket nasal spray - not sure my previous attempt was as it should, despite have significant relief effects

I was able to use ketamine to stop withdrawal symptoms during 72 hours without opioids, an aqueous and/or DMSO solution applied to the gums q1h . . . it's not clear if it hit the opioid receptors in the brain and spinal cord (it manifestly did not in the gut) dumped a bucket of dopamine on me, or if it anesthetised my body to suffering which was actually going on. It was enough for closed-eye visuals and to hallucinate dance music.

I wish I liked Ketamine... I can literally get as much Pharma Grade IV/IM ketamine as I want (for free). It pretty much cured my depression but didn't like the effects that much...

It also works great for pain. Except the effects never last more than an hour (if that).

I was able to use ketamine to stop withdrawal symptoms during 72 hours without opioids, an aqueous and/or DMSO solution applied to the gums q1h . . . it's not clear if it hit the opioid receptors in the brain and spinal cord (it manifestly did not in the gut) dumped a bucket of dopamine on me, or if it anesthetised my body to suffering which was actually going on. It was enough for closed-eye visuals and to hallucinate dance music.

Thats good to hear! How much did you use and how often?

Thats good to hear! How much did you use and how often?
I was getting 100-125 mg trans-mucousally (and probably swallowing a fraction of it) - it was in a gel, every 45-75 minutes.

Gels and sprays do a good job of helping other medications combat burning neuropathic pain too.

I was getting 100-125 mg trans-mucousally (and probably swallowing a fraction of it) - it was in a gel, every 45-75 minutes.

Gels and sprays do a good job of helping other medications combat burning neuropathic pain too.
Ahh okay! Its been over a month since Ive used IV heroin, Kratom helped immensely... BUT im sure ill be WD'ing from this too and was looking for something to help. Gabapentin took 100% of them away, but it turned me into a psychopath, and I dont want that to happen again. Glad to hear it works!

Thankfully im only on 8grams a day. Which isnt too bad.

Ketamine in all its uses is a good example of place, time & manner, set & setting, social expectations, maybe darker things like prejudice too -- it has many of the same effects as phencyclidine, but I took all sorts of it and I did not flip out, pluck out my eyeballs, destroy an automobile with my bare hands, run from the cops at 80 km/h on two broken legs and/or vault onto a roof from the ground, break six pairs of handcuffs and kill 10 cops or end up in the puzzle factory for 70 years -- and I am guessing a huge fraction of phencyclidine users have the same experience or similar.

Can anyone signpost to a guide or how to recipe for creating ones own ket nasal spray - not sure my previous attempt was as it should, despite have significant relief effects
I see a thread on reddit calling for the use of contact lens solution in the mix ('To ensure sterility , optiical solutions contain a preservative like benzalkonium chloride ) which can act like a preservative (I ended up with an ear and then throat infection I believe on my last 2 doses (month apart but spray was 7 months old at this point)

Ketamine is a dissociative anesthetic. In laymen's terms, it separates your conscious self from the pain stimulus. However, in this current climate, defining all of Ketamine's uses can be difficult. It's oft-derided as an "Animal Tranquilizer", but it is indeed a very effective drug for many purposes. Combat Medicine utilizes Ketamine, as you can provide anesthesia in the field, without having to worry about the effects of respiratory depression, like that from Opioids. It's starting to see quite a bit of use in the treatment of depression as well, as it's apparently quite effective for that as well when used in a medically supervised and properly controlled manner. Here is some light reading for you. If you want just the basics:

If you would like to know more about its application for depression and other mental illnesses, there's this from the numb-skulls at Harvard College:

VOTE BERNIE IN 2020