View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ketamine

Mad benzo head

Bluelighter
Ok firstly what's it like. I m not into drugs that make me lose my mental control bar drinking to much or being a little bit to stoned. I am not into MDMA or lsd etc any more. Although I had fun on them 20 years back.

i can get liquid K.

firstly is it an out there drug, or is it more like a Benzo type thing. I can take the strongest benzos possible , halcyon, brtizolam, etc

Now these drugs would normlly just knock people out and off course benzos just chill you whatever they do to you. I can also handle opiates no problem. They all chill me. Does K chill you or does it do some mad weird stuff to you as obviously we know it as a tranquilliser.. And all tranqs chill you. So basically does it chill you and do some other mad stuff. Or does it just so mad stuff. Give me your experiences and what it feels like most. I have taken most drugs.

secondly I can only get it in liquid. I know how easy it is to turn it in to power to snort. But can you just put abit of liquid on your younger instead?

Ket is fucking mad!

it's a dissociate - it makes you trip, fucks up your thought patterns, makes everything weird and wonky and sometimes wonderful, but if you dont like psychedelics, you probably wont like ketamine.

in very low doses it can chill you a bit but if you're looking for something like benzos, i'd stick to benzos.

....but then again, it's certainly worth trying and the effects wear off after about 20-30mins so i suppose suck it and see. i like it

and yes, you can evaporate the liquid to get crystals

^True. Although I use it in a controlled environment it can very quickly change from a floaty feeling to an O fuck the walks are moving in & I'm going into a k-hole.

Rtp

Ketamine in LOW doses is fun, odd feeling. In higher doses, K-hole land, the best way I can describe it is an inverse acid trip. It is definitely more bizarre than psychedelics, so since you said you dont like those anymore, Id stick to very low doses of K. and have a tripsitter regardless.

tripsitter? iv never heard of someone having a bad reaction to a K experience

K hole and visuals is like being in a lucid dream state with some occasional insights into mind. for me at least.

i think there is some level of surrender involved though because you have to let go of everything at some point.

tripsitter? iv never heard of someone having a bad reaction to a K experience

K hole and visuals is like being in a lucid dream state with some occasional insights into mind. for me at least.

i think there is some level of surrender involved though because you have to let go of everything at some point.

visit Erowid trip reports, there are plenty. Ive never had a bad trip on K but Ive seen plenty of experienced trippers have tear inducing trips on K and psychedelics, and the setting for most of those was almost ideal. Watched a friend of ours curl up in the fetal position and cry uncontrollably from a mushroom trip - he was boasting earlier in the evening that 'some mushrooms' wouldnt do shit for him since he'd done everything, touring with the GD for almost 20 years... famous last words.

A good K hole can reveal things in your psyche that you were never aware of before, and trying to describe the trip to someone is difficult, almost impossible to impart the experience. You can tell people about 8th dimensional beings and huge spiders crawling out of your neck and weird dream shit but few are going to comprehend the totality of the experience until they do it.

OP, ketamine is a dissociative anaesthetic, invented by (I believe Parke Davis) in the early 60s. Its related to PCP. It was used as an anaesthetic but replaced largely with other drugs as emergence or awakening reactions were not well tolerated (this is where K-hole land is - not enough to knock you out, but fuck you up). NDE (near death experiences) are common, as are out of body experiences. K is not a benzo, and its not a light undertaking, even in low, non K-hole doses.

You ever done cough syrup? DXM is related in effect to ketamine as well.

Thing is, K is a love or hate kinda drug, there isnt much middle ground. I loved it, so much that I made a play on words on it when I joined this forum (Kid Amine = ketamine).

For HR purposes its better to be safe than sorry with this stuff. Never IV it, I wouldnt even IM, its plenty enough powerful insufflated or sublingually administrated. Better to have a tripsitter and not need him/her than need one and not have one. Plus they can video you tripping balls lol.

^Ive had it IV & it was a NEVER AGAIN experience.

My whole world spun out, in a scary way. I couldn't even tell if I was upside down or not lol.

Rtp

imo, there are certain types of issues that will find the most rapid healing through a ketamine experience. I feel a variety of strong emotions when I think about ketamine; bliss, nostalgia, terror, awe, respect.. It is an amazing medicine, but for me it is very difficult to use in moderation. For one example, I feel that someone with an eating disorder can find unparalleled benefit by looking at one's self in a mirror whilst on ketamine. You are so dissociated that you can actually see your body objectively, for the first time in your life. It is profound.

I love the versatility of ketamine, I've even done it while working as a barista before. Shit, I guess it's a bit hardcore, but if you just take little bumps it's a lot like really great cocaine, with an indescribably pleasant numbing/tingling sensation throughout the entire mind & body. This kind of use does seem to be very taxing though, especially for the muscles.

They say John C. Lily did not have any problems with his kidneys when he died, and he was doing pure pharmaceutical grade ketamine. This leads me to believe that the kidney damage often associated with ketamine is actually due to street impurities. Regardless, ketamine is hardly a good thing to be doing more than once in a while.

Don't use needles, just snort it. Lots of people never come back from the needle, a good friend of mine being one of them.

If you take ketamine, you'll probably find you don't really want benzos anymore.

Personally I like it while I am on Ket, I'd get crack, but not that stupid crack. The fun ones. Never done any liquid K, I just snorted it around 9-10 highways that's all.

One time I was doing Ket I heard songs were playing in my head and I tried to slow down every speakers but none were there. So does it sound like chill or mad to you? It all depends. K is one of my fav drugs though. It's like youre in reality but you feel like youre in another world, it's indescribable. At least thats what I felt before. I always always like K.

As a conclusion, I think it's a mad drug. Mildly mad. In the end it's all up to the person whether they can handle it or not. Given that you used to roll with MDMA, I'd say that MDMA is crazier than Ket.

Dissociatives are generally pretty easy to roll with, there's a lot of mindfuck but you simply don't give a fuck. I've never personally freaked out on MXE, 3-MeO-PCP, DXM, or Nitrous Oxide which are all fairly similar to ketamine. Now serotonergic psychedelics have given me my fair share of difficult, but still worthwhile experiences. That said, the fact that you can handle opiods or benzodiazapines really means nothing in this case. Those drugs are widely abused because they pretty much never result in anxiety-ridden experiences among other reasons. If you have an addictive personality, definitely do a great deal of pondering on whether or not you should try ketamine. By all accounts it is an extremely psychologically addicting drug.

The reason I wouldn't neccesarily be bothered about giving it a go is its short high.

if I was to drop some acid I couldn't deal with the length of the buzz. I would go straight for the rohypinal strength benzos to knock myself out, I have been there done it all it all before. You just can't do Sh- t like that and have a career (run a business)

Ketamine is a profoundly amazing drug; forget about the short high. It however is not for everyone. you really just try it and figure out if you are one of the people that likes it and then go from there.

Ketamine is one hell of a drug! I love it and until I tried acid it was my favourite along with coke. I find it difficult to compare K to any other substance I have tried; it just completely flips your world upside down and rewires your brain in high doses, it really is a mind twisting drug.

I personally have only ever had one bad experience on K and that was fairly recently. I had a properly distressing K hole but I put that down to having had a lot of coke earlier in the night (I had never done K after doing coke before) but before that I have only ever had wonderful dream like K hole experiences. It really is a magical experience.

In low doses K is just fucking hilarious!

Last edited:
Ketamine is weird as fuck and completely overtakes your mind and body while you are on it. I like it, but it literally drives me crazy for a good while after I do it, like months.

Anybody have any knowledge or information on plugging ketamine?
I'm interested in trying it by that route but would prefer to have some idea on use via this ROA.

Ketamine is one hell of a drug! I love it and until I tried acid it was my favourite along with coke. I find it difficult to compare K to any other substance I have tried; it just completely flips your world upside down and rewires your brain in high doses, it really is a mind twisting drug.

I personally have only ever had one bad experience on K and that was fairly recently. I had a properly distressing K hole but I put that down to having had a lot of coke earlier in the night (I had never done K after doing coke before) but before that I have only ever had wonderful dream like K hole experiences. It really is a magical experience.

In low doses K is just fucking hilarious!

this^

our inside joke is we call it "Silly Powder"