Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

ketamine x chlorobutanol

Givememoneybiatch

Greenlighter
Hello people
Just found a bottle of imalgene 1000 which consists of ketamine and chlorobutanol.
Can I get high with that stuff?
Love u and thanks everybody

Unless I'm mistaken the chlorobutanol in that is in very low concentration only, as a preservative, which is fortunate because it's a pretty bad drug itself. VERY long halflife, bad for the liver and can give you a pretty big stupor and/or headache, at least the latter is what a friend of mine got who took it.
Definitely not something I'd combine with ketamine personally.

So, it should mainly be ketamine in there which yes gets you 'high' but it can be very strange and trippy. There is plenty to read on ketamine trips, just read some experiences:
https://www.erowid.org/experiences/subs/exp_Ketamine.shtml

It's meant to be injected (like in the muscle) from that bottle, but assuming you don't do that, people also break open those bottles and pour in on a plate and let it evaporate then scrape the solid K and snort. It can be sped up by warming it, but be careful not to get a boilover by microwaving or something like that... maybe just better to do it by waiting, no heat. (Though putting it on a radiator or something would help). Fortunately chlorobutanol is volatile, so if you wait enough and chop the crystals with a razor you may liberate it so it can just evaporate. If not, snorting the mix will prove to be very pungent and metholly!! So could be that even for that reason alone it's best to get rid of the chlorobutanol..
So ideally you would let the liquid evaporate and then wait even longer until it doesn't smell like menthol anymore, so that the chlorobutanol evaporates (as solid actually, I guess it sublimates), gently warming / heating to encourage it..
Not sure about all that (how quickly the chlorobutanol will evaporate), be careful.

Last edited:
Haha i actually know stuff about ketamine trips and so.
I got a friend help me with that stuff and he did left the liquid for half a day or so on a plate but inside the house.He then proceeded to "cooking" it over some boiling water.He hasn't tried that stuff yet but he hopes he'll be OK. God bless him I guess!

Not certain if smelling gives a decent indication of chlorobutanol present, but I have to wonder what it smells like and if that smell went away when 'cooking' it.

Evaporating inside the house is fine, what is more important is how much of a draft there is (and at later point, if it's not done in a very small space). Don't put a fan blowing over it hard as you risk blowing away some K as you finish evapping, a small indirect draft to refresh air a little should be enough, so a fan on a bit of a low setting at distance is fine. Similarly a draft from a window at a small opening would be enough.

good luck