Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Ketamine tolerance and sarcosine

Achten

Bluelighter
Hi everyone,

I was looking into ketamine tolerance and stumbled upon sarcosine. I have no background in chemistry, hence my question.

Could it br used to mitigate/reverse ketamines tolerance?

Wikipedia mentions research for schizophrenia. "it acts as a type1 glycine transporter inhibitor and a glycine agonist. It increases glycine concentrations in the brain thus causing NMDA receptor activation and a reduction in symptoms."

Again, no background in science whatsoever, but since ketamine is an nmda antagonist and sarcosine an nmda agonist, does this mean one can use sarcosine to lower or keep in check the ketamne tolerance.

I try to use ketamine not too often. K hole at 225mg once a month. Maybe 100mg extra spread throughout the rest of the month.

What would be best? Daily sarcosine at 100mg or before/after ketamine at 500mg or so?

Thx for reading!

I imagine the sarcosine would be really unpleasant but maybe it could upregulate receptors ?

Maybe. I've tried but inevitably sarcosine just really destabilises me emotionally after a few days and actually makes me crave dissociatives. If you have a highly disciplined mind or can be in a place where you just have sarcosine, aren't gonna have many external life pressures to worry about, and have no access to any other drugs... and can just take a fixed dose of sarcosine for a couple of months... well, I'd like to see it studied.

I think that honestly the emotional instability would fade quickly if you just somehow get through it as the brain adapts. I just have a very low tolerance to any kind of psychological stress right now, evidently. But, give it a go if you feel up to it. I think 100mg is far too low, most sources I've seen recommend 500mg - 2000mg. And you'll have to take it for a while, every day. Disso-induced NMDA receptor adaptation seems really resistant to reversal, as far as I can tell.

I have been playing with daily 100mg and dont notice any negative psychological effects. Also, i dont wanna use more ketamine to test wether or not tolerance is established 😅

Maybe. I've tried but inevitably sarcosine just really destabilises me emotionally after a few days and actually makes me crave dissociatives. If you have a highly disciplined mind or can be in a place where you just have sarcosine, aren't gonna have many external life pressures to worry about, and have no access to any other drugs... and can just take a fixed dose of sarcosine for a couple of months... well, I'd like to see it studied.

I think that honestly the emotional instability would fade quickly if you just somehow get through it as the brain adapts. I just have a very low tolerance to any kind of psychological stress right now, evidently. But, give it a go if you feel up to it. I think 100mg is far too low, most sources I've seen recommend 500mg - 2000mg. And you'll have to take it for a while, every day. Disso-induced NMDA receptor adaptation seems really resistant to reversal, as far as I can tell.

I honestly think dissio tolerance is very individual.

I had a preetty bad habit for a few years, did about 1-2g a week sometimes more and sometimes less.
However the last 6months of it i did alot more.
Like grams a day for awhile.

I stopped when i got kcramps and silly tolerance.
Like taking 300mg IM barely gave me a Buzz.
I could maybe Hole for 10mins of a half a gram etc.

Took about 6months off and i got very high om less then 50mg IM again.
Did maybe 1g in a month then took another 6months off.

So no ive done about 2grams in the past weeks.
Get super high and 0,2-0,4g lasts me a entire day etc.
So im def reset, however i only did it daily in multigram doses for a few weeks before.

It totally Lost its Magic then but it seems to be back now.

That's funny, I've speculated before in the ketamine damage sticky that glycine could be reparative for the NMDARs. In any case it counteracts lingering excitotoxicity from the upregulation, then breaks down into antioxidant products, all without noticeable rebound you'd expect from a downer.

Do consider taking magnesium glycinate instead if you wanna try this route. Both magnesium and glycine are involved in normal NMDAR functioning, might as well stack 'em up into one molecule.