• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [Ketamine Subthread] Subcutaneous Injection (SC)

bighooter

Bluelighter
Can you inject ketamine sub q?

is it stronger/ a better hit than snorting?

Anyone going to say something.

Ive just shot 170mg in a insulin syringe and I am not even in a k hole, i dont know whether to increase the dose or do a different method.

Well you just answered your own question. You CAN inject just about anything liquid SC, but I wouldn't recommend it. In fact, I have no idea why people even consider the SC route. Why not just IM? Or do people enjoy seeing lumps under their skin?

You'll probably eventually feel it, but it'll be slower than IM. I've accidentally done it a few times when I used to IV and missed. Not a pleasant sensation in the arm.

I did it the first few times I shot K, unintentionally since I was using an insulin syringe for IM and the point just wasn't long enough. It's a time release IM injection, so it's only slightly more potent than snorting efficiently (ie. ~50mg every 5mins or so) But if you have ANY tolerance you'll probably just want to go straight to the IM route. Just make sure you have a big enough sharp to penetrate beyond the first fatty layer of skin and into the muscle.

So yeah unfortunately for you Big Hooter, I doubt there's anyway to break through your tolerance other than large IV doses-which will only serve to increase tolerance. Round and round the wheel goes...

Q 1. how much water do i need to mix with my k if im going to IV a 250mg shot?

coz i cant seem to dissolve more than 170mg in a 1ml insulin syringe coz the crystal just sits at the bottom where theres not enough water (i think?)

my tolerance is insane I dont even k hole from 170mg IV shot so im going to try 250mg in a ml barrel.

Q2. Also does IV'ing destroy your veins even if you do it just on the weekend?
Or could it potentially make your veins stronger in the long run like if you give them time to heal then they grow back stronger?

Q 1. how much water do i need to mix with my k if im going to IV a 250mg shot?

coz i cant seem to dissolve more than 170mg in a 1ml insulin syringe coz the crystal just sits at the bottom where theres not enough water (i think?)

Erowid lists the solubility of ketamine HCl as 20g/100ml, which would mean the most you could dissolve in 1ml of water would be 200mg, however it seems you've hit your limit at 170mg. Presumably you need at least 1.25ml water if we are to assume a solubility of 200mg/ml, but if we take 170mg/ml, then it works out at about 1.47ml for 250mg.

Q2. Also does IV'ing destroy your veins even if you do it just on the weekend?
Or could it potentially make your veins stronger in the long run like if you give them time to heal then they grow back stronger?

I don't actually know, but my guess would be your veins probably don't get stronger through extended IV ketamine use.

IIRC, with proper IV technique, it is actually one of the safest, if not THE safest way to administer a drug.

I think :D

ye man I agree when you IV you have like 7 seconds and then you get a minty taste in the back of your throat then it hits you in the brain it feels so pleasent for a few seconds all the music/sound gets louder ohhhhh I LOVE IT

unless you are getting ketamine that is in a labeled 10ml stoppered bottle, you should not inject it. if you are getting powdered ketamine it could have cuts in it that could lead to the formation of an abscess. infection is not fun. ketamine is directed to be used intramuscularly, which IMO provides the most mind wrenchingly humbling experiences. however, there is PERMANENT tolerance with ketamine. individuals who chronically use intramuscular k-hole doses (~100mg/1mL) will eventually lose the capacity to experience the k-hole.
it's really sad but true, i used k on a pretty regular basis, but eventually got to the point where i couldn't even experience a hole on 200mgs IV. :|
needless to say i don't use it anymore, but anyways, 100mg IM is the best for a mind-crushingly good experience, just make sure you familiarize yourself with the proper procedure for an intramuscular injection.

i ivd 250mg of k yesterday and didnt k hole or pass out.

basically its not worth doing more than 250mg either is it? because more than 250mg and it turns to norketamine

My tolerance got so high I was IVing 500mg and still pottering about BL posting and modding as usual - barely intoxicated much less holed :\

Obviously you can't get that much in a single 1ml shot - 200mg is the max unless you inject a hot solution but that ain't such a good idea at all. Multiple shots are of limited value, in my experience. Once your tolerance is at that level there is no option but to take a loooooong break, to be honest :\

Weekly IV use won't cause too much vein damage as long as your technique is good and you rotate sites regularly. It's obviously best if you can leave longer to let them heal but rotating sites, sterile equipment and good technique are the most important things and will save you a huge amount of problems down the line.

if you do actually do vein damage can they eventually heal and grow back to as healthy as they once were?

is ketamine a relatively safe substance to inject though compared to something like heroin which you need citric in the shot?

Also I banged up in my foot and noticed that it made araised lump on my vein which disappeared after a day, is it ok to shoot up in your foot?

Injecting into feet (or legs in general) ain't such a good idea cos the blood flow is not so great. The veins in your foot are delicate lil souls and very easily damaged. Hurt like crazy and leave your foot so swollen and painful you can't walk for days afterwards if you miss too :!

Better to use your arms and use a different vein each time - or at least a different part of the same vein rather than the same spot each time cos that does loadsa damage. Veins can heal with time but it tends to be a very long time indeed and if badly damaged they'll never heal. Other, smaller veins will grow to replace them but they won't be half as robust as the original big ones and easily burst. Best to use the big ones and rotate religiously.

Ket isn't too damaging to IV as a salt - UK heroin (or crack) with added acid does a lot more damage a lot quicker.

does anyone notice much increase in tolerance with once weekly or even every other weekly use?

i started using K in late august/early september of 2009 and used it almost every day until march of this year. the only times i didn't use it was when i was all out and waiting on more.
my tolerance didn't really skyrocket, but it did go up obviously. but for the life of me, i couln't not use it when i had it.

well towards the end of march this year i had a very, um, profound experience. more so then most, it really rattled me. to this day i'm not sure what exaclty happened but i woke up from the hole on the floor in semi-convulsions.
my gf and aunt found me on the floor, twitting out and thought i was having a stroke. they called 911 and the ambulance came to take me to the hospital......and the cops came too. no good lol.

anyway, since that experience i've got a very healthy respect for K and now only do it a couple times a month. i no longer fiend for it or even desire it every night. but will using even every other week still raise me tolerance? it doesn't seem to, but i'm curious to hear from people more experienced then me.

Yes even when i was using it on a weekly basis you get a nasty tolerance.

my veins in my hands are always popping out so ive been shooting in my hands and it is perfect never miss, however sometimes I notice a slight pain when shooting.
What does this mean when it feels ever so slightly painful?

also can you lose your arms if you completely use up your veins?