• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [Ketamine Subthread] Dosage and Methods of Administration

Hey FnB, I'm sort of new to IM, could you PM me with a little info from your expertise (like sources for filters, etc, and some general info)? I've searched a little myself, but I think maybe getting a little how-to from someone like you would be nice.

I've tried it 3 times with DPT, but I'm not proud of the technique, it wasn't exactly sterile lets say. But I was VERY, VERY pleased with the results. Snorting that stuff is by far the worst thing I've ever put in my nose. Doesn't burn persay, but the 'texture' and that distinct indole taste...ugh. Nope. No sir, I don't like it. ;)

nuke said:
Could you maybe post it for us all to see? I'm still not quite sure how to do sterile IM injections with H2O.

Well, that's what I was trying to find out too.. I want to find out how to make a sterile solution that I can store for later use. Like a 10mL vial with one of those rubber/silicone type tops that once you plunge a needle through and pull it out it seals itself. I would LOVE to have a 1500mg/10mL vial of DPT sitting around for whenever.

My 'technique' that I said isn't very sterile, I almost don't want to say as it's harm reduction.. But, it was just, I added 75mg of DPT into a clean (hot water, soap, then more hot water) spoon. Used a separate syringe to suck up 50 units of DH2O, and plunged it out around the pile of DPT to absorb as evenly as possible. Once I noticed it was completely dissolved (a little heat added), I added a little more DH2O to make a 75mg/1mL solution and sucked it up with a clean syringe. I really enjoyed this particular DPT experience, because prior to that the nasal congestion ruined it. However, since this isn't particularly sterile, I have abstained from trying it again. Until I can do it sterile and proper.

Anyone care to share a "how-to" for taking Ketamine (or DPT for instance) powder and making sterile 10mL vials for later use? Or if this is against forum rules, would someone be so kind as to PM me with a little general info?

^ Way back when, when veterinarians were kind enough to "lose" vials and they were floating around Atlanta like candy, some friends and I tried it just about every way you can (except plugging, shoving something up my ass is just not something I can do lol).

Anyways, we packed a few ciggs REALLY well so that there was a good gap at the top, and filled that gap with K. I watched someone else do something I had never seen before: he layed out a line of K, loosened up a cigg, and actually sucked the line up into the cigg.

Very inefficient ways of smoking something, I know lol, but we did notice some effects from it.

^I suppose I'll continue to snort it. The drip is the only thing I don't really like about K, but after 10 minutes I start to trip and the I don't really notice the drip again until I come down. I may try an oral dose of ketamine. From what I hear, and oral dose needs to be 5x an insufflated dose. Seems kinda pricy, but I'm intered to see how it is, the effects are supposed to last alot longer if your eat K.

The thing is, I really REALLY like K, and I see myself doing it alot more if/when I get a reliable source. That's why I'm looking into other routes of administration. I don't wanna put a bunch of powder up my nose.

delta_9 said:
Ketamine is probably now in my top 3 favortite drugs. The last couple of times I did it, it was like a short lived dxm trip, which I think is great. If only oral ketamine was more effective it would be perfect, cause I absolutely hate the drip and IM/IV is completely out of the question. Wikipedia also mentions smoking ketamine(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketamine#Recreational_use). Dose anybody know anything about this. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it's bad.

I use to lick the outside of my cigarette sometimes and roll it around in a mound of k so it would stick then id smoke it . I noticed some effects but I usually had already snorted alot so hard to really say.

to make a sterile solution:
autoclave, or boil, the purest water you can find. distilled water would be a good start. tap water will have a lot of ions in it that will hurt your muscles.
dissolve your compound in it, preferably in the container the water was purified in (don't boil the compound though) as this container should be clean.
attach a .22 micron filter to your syringe and pull the solution up into the syringe. if you don't do this your mostly wasting your time and seriously risking infection.
remove filter, and attach needle. do this quickly so that you are minimizing the possibilities of getting bacteria, etc in the solution. do it in front of a flame if possible. also, make sure the plunger is pointing down, don't want any thing to spill out now do we? also be sure to close your solution container quickly as well to minimize anything getting in there and growing.
remove any air in the syringe.

jab, plunge, massage, float.

happy travels.

also, if you're smoking ketamine HCl, which is most likely what you're getting if it's a powder, you are almost certainly wasting your K and I would appreciate you sending it to me instead. thanks :)

I'm all out, shame :-/

2.5g in a month, is that bad? I used that amount last month too. So, 5g in two months....

^ hm i think i once, on a binge, did 1.5g on a weekend so i don't think 2.5g in a month is anything to be concerned about, at least nasally and not every day.

GreenMachine said:
I picked up some K from a festival recently...it was my first time trying it...Ketamine is seriously the drug for me--its the perfect middleground between psychedelic and recreational, I just wish I could find it where I live. Anyways, the K that I got was mixed with vanilla extract for the drip, anyone else had K like this?

strawberry delight is my favoritttteeee. =D

Cosmic_Fantasy said:
I'm all out, shame :-/

2.5g in a month, is that bad? I used that amount last month too. So, 5g in two months....

It's a problem if it continues, IMO. If it doesn't, then don't worry about it.

i did at least 1g per night and usually more on the weekends at least 3-5x per week on average for months on end i think...

so i dont think you guys need to worry bout your doses yet!

btw doing K greatly enhanced my understanding of logic and programming classes when i was studying them and buying a shitload of ttokkyo

usually the 1g per night was at least half injected

I'm giving the thumbs up to transmucosal/buccal ketamine too, it seems relatively effective (maybe slightly less so than nasal). Tastes like butt, though it does numb your mouth some. Nasal also seems to burn the crap hell out of my nose.

Oral transmucosal ketamine: an effective premedication in children
RUXANDRA CIOACĂ & ION CANAVEA

1Department of Anaesthesiology, Oral and Maxillo-facial Surgery, University of Medicine, Bucharest, Romania
Correspondence to: Ruxandra Cioacăstr. W.A. Mozart, nr. 37, scara B, et. 2, ap. 12, sector 2, cod 71458, Bucharest, Romania.
Abstract

The oral cavity offers a simple, painless way of drug administration. For this reason, we used oral transmucosal ketamine (5–6 mg·kg1) for premedication in 15 children and compared it with intranasal ketamine (5–6 mg·kg1), placebo and intramuscular ketamine (5–6 mg·kg1). Oral transmucosal ketamine (OTK) provided effective sedation, facilitated i.v. line insertion and was accepted with pleasure by the patients (as lollipops). The lollipops produced a slight increase in gastric volumes but did not affect gastric pH. In conclusion OTK has been shown to be an effective, harmless preoperative medication in paediatric patients.

Here children, have this lollipop... Now excuse me whilst I jab you with this IV! Bahahaha.

That's it, I'm moving to Romania.

I'm going to append a warning to high dose nasal ketamine:
I was at a party last night and this guy was offering some free K, me and my friend abliged and it was fine, but then this guy who looked kind of drunk came over and wanted some and stuck the bill right into the bag and took a big snort. He ended up rolling around on the ground puking himself for a good hour or so, so you may want a sitter!

nuke said:
Could you maybe post it for us all to see? I'm still not quite sure how to do sterile IM injections with H2O.

Sorry I didn't reply for over a week, but I've been a festival crusty this last week & the most advanced technological device I've encountered is one of those disgusting portaloos...

Did lots of falling down in the mud though while a tad tipsy with AMT & ketamine - a pleasure that everyone should try once =D

Oh wait, kidamnesiac has done it in my absence.

...also be sure to close your solution container quickly as well to minimize anything getting in there and growing.
remove any air in the syringe.

jab, plunge, massage, float.

happy travels...

One thing (important) to add - before injecting, wipe the area of skin with either isopropanol/surgical spirit/specially created swab as some of the skin's natural flora are opportunist pathogens and will do nasty things if they get into a muscle

And make sure your muscle is relaxed. If it isn't it will be real hard to get into the muscle and you'll have to jab it a couple times. Is not pleasant to watch.

I have a question for people using sealed vials.

I gouge the metal band off and are able to use the plastic stopper as a cork. How sterile is opening and closing the vial. I always wash my hands but am worried some dust might fall into the vial while filling up the syringe. Is this a little paranoid? Also would you guys recomend using a 25g or 27g needle? I have only used 25g but will switch if you guys think it would be better. I inject into my thigh.

^ No it's not paranoid, there are airbourne bacteria that could settle in - it only takes a pathogenic one to fall in and it's potentially the first step on the road to septicaemia...

^ By not IMing, just like me =D.

Now you all know why I'm so paranoid about IM... even though IV holds its own risks as well. Its just that IM risks seem... uglier. haha.

Welcome Back F&B!! Sounds like that was much fun :D. You lucky bastard... I cannot get EITHER Ketamine OR AMT in (or into ;)) Japan!

seiko420 said:
Is there anything I can do to prevent that?
Work near a flame. Micro organisms won't come near it.
If you can't do that, spray lots of cleaning product/ alcohol solution in the room. And do your move quickly.

So would working next to a candle work? Or are you talking about more of a bunsen burner type flame?