• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ [Ketamine Subthread] Cooking K

Originally posted by SgtD82:
Ok...some people swear to me that boiling a pot of water...taking it off the stove and putting liq K on a plate and let it heat while sitting on top of the pot is the best way. Others say using a blow dryer. Anyone else have any input?
I've recenelty changed my mind about the best way to cook Ketamine, previously I was an advocate of simple air-drying. If one had the patience to just let it sit, it was markedly better than the stove or microwave which leave too much too tiral and error, and an end product of definite lower yield, and in my opinion, quality.
But recently a friend showed me that "gentle boil" method where the liquid ketamine is spread over a dish, which is place over a container of boiling water, and it was fucking amazing. The texture and quality of the powder was just so soft on the nose, you couldn't feel it. It was like breathing pure air, except not so vastly dissapointing, because now the air had good drugs in it...
There is also a double boil method which works on the same principle, but supposedly even better, though I haven't had a chance to try it yet...
Brainrape

Bump bump bump bump bump....another thread on the same topic. Combine forces yall ;)

Originally posted by Brainrape:

It was like breathing pure air, except not so vastly dissapointing, because now the air had good drugs in it...

AHAHAHAHAHAHa ....I don't know why I found that so funny.

^^
I'm going to have to agree. That quote is going on the list of cool things said on bluelight.

when i use the stove method, i modify it slightly by adding milk to the water to be boiled... yes milk; the boiling temp is lower, so you have a better gauge of how high the flame should be. also, we use forks (4 of them) in the pot as well, positioning them so they are interlocked (this lets the air circulate from under the pot and whatnot). unless you need to be less visible when cooking, or dont have the time--i think this is the best method. otherwise, i go for the mircorwave exactly as soviet explained.

pour the contents of the vial on a lab dish and set out overnight to dry off, of course, in a dry place. This will be the most potent. Why risk damaging your ketamine with heat? Just plan ahead and don't be so impulsive to HAVE to trip on ketamine RIGHT NOW. Ease off.

^^^
uhh, it looks like someone didnt thoroughly read this thread. try replying with something CONSTRUCTIVE rather than that "dont be a crackhead" bullshit.
what makes you think that its "more potent"? lemme peep the source where you got that crock of shit.
and just FYI:
originally posted by sovietcontin:
First of all, if you don't add any heat, you leave behind saline. So your "higher yield" is just saline that didn't evaporate but instead dried into flakes.
[ 30 June 2002: Message edited by: jerzeezfinest ]

Originally posted by ImNotTelling:
i always go with the stove or the blowdryer, but im not sure which is the best method
I used a air gun that has a variable heat level.. its used in shrink wrapping and crafts ..variable heat and low air flow .. it can be found at any hobby shop

I agree with whoever saiod to do the pot of water thing thats the bes, Dont microwave it couse it boils and goes all over th =e place.

I just let it air dry for a day. I think that is more potent than hair dryer or microwave methods. Air drying I have found that you get more of the substance too.......it may have just been my luck though......try it
L8ter.

one quick thing too......
....I have "heard" that burnt K (from cooking too long) is very very potent. Anyone know of this?

i was sold some k once that was a little burnt (more than pink, but not quite RED...). i was a little reluctant to do it but since the guy i bought it from had already left when i opened the bag (which was blue) to find that it was burnt i did it anyway. that shit FUCKED me up...but i did the whole bag to the head (since i wasnt sure if it'd do anything at all). I'm not really sure what the deal was w/ that burnt k, but i do know that it still worked, whether it was more potent or not is hard to say (but i'd guess that it wasnt).

Originally posted by Caleb's_Syde:
one quick thing too......
....I have "heard" that burnt K (from cooking too long) is very very potent. Anyone know of this?

It's not any more potent than regular non-burnt ketamine. The heat doesn't "activate" the molecule or anything silly like that.

I bought a 20$ snack master dehydrator @ wal-mart to dry my mushies...so I disconnected the heating part. This is the best way to evap K as well.
It just circulates air around it 'til it is a powder.

Originally posted by SovietContin:
First of all, if you don't add any heat, you leave behind saline. So your "higher yield" is just saline that didn't evaporate but instead dried into flakes.
So you are saying that salt evaporates at around the bp of water ?
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it doesn't...
More info please?

Originally posted by Sniff:
So you are saying that salt evaporates at around the bp of water ?
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it doesn't...
More info please?

no. he is saying that the water evaporates leaving salt as a solid.

Originally posted by SovietContin:
First of all, if you don't add any heat, you leave behind saline.
It's just that it sounds like he is saying that if you DONT add heat, then you DO leave behind saline (salt), implying that if you DO add heat, you DONT leave salt behind.
What am I missing here ?

I've used a few different methods of cooking down K and I keep coming back to the "gentle boil" method. Using a pyrex dis to hold your K and boiling a pot of water under this dish has worked great. The cook went pretty quickly and the yield is fantastic. Just my .02 though.