View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ketamine stopped working

minttea

Greenlighter
I started using K a year ago and have used it usually once or more per week, building an average tolerance.

It was helping me through a tough time, but eventually I stopped using it as frequently for a couple months.

Then the next time I used it was at a big event and ended up k holing and then vomiting for the first time on it. After vomiting I felt like shit.

Then I used it again a couple weekends later and after only one line had to vomit again. Did another line (because I'm stupid and it was my birthday) and same result.

Did it again the next weekend, same result.

So I took a break for another two months. Then I did a small amount and was fine, had some mild effects. Did a fair amount more the next weekend and didn't vomit, but also barely had any effects.

Did it 2 nights ago (2 weeks after the last) and had mild effects at first, but after a few more lines I got sick and vomited again.

So basically, I hardly get any effects anymore. I vomit most of the time and it just feels like my mind and body are rejecting it for some reason.

How common is this? Any idea why it's happening? Any idea how to better the chances of it not happening?

And the source is trusted and also being used by all my friends who are not having any weird effects like me.

What doses have you been using through this time? Dissociative tolerance never really resets.

Tbh ket is a big hit and miss for me can go two ways, ketts ville or feeling dizzy and sick, seems completely random

What doses have you been using through this time? Dissociative tolerance never really resets.

Before the vomiting phase I was probably up to a vial to a vial and a half per use.

The first time I vomited I probably did 3/4 or a vial.

Then the next 3 times only 1 line.

Then that party where I didn't vomit but also barely had any response, I did 3/4

Then the last time I did maybe 1/2

I don't know if its really about dose at this point. It just feels like for some reason the majority of the time I don't really respond to the drug other than vomiting.

It's weird because up until that point I was able to use it a lot and frequently with nothing but good effects.

you do realize that with prolonged use the brain basically rewires itself to compensate for the dissociative effects. its not classic tolerance as with other drugs but rather the brain actively forging new neural connections to deal with the missing information. it makes it much more difficult to K-Hole.

I guess I don't realize that, hence half the OP but thanks for the info.

Any knowledge about the sudden vomit/sick reaction?

Do you drink at all when you are on it? because that will cause nausea for sure. Aside from that at larger doses nausea/vomiting can and does occur although there doesn't seem to be any consistency to it. It happens to me from time to time but does not seem to be dose dependent (at least for myself)

No. I don't drink usually at all. There was a period of time when I could drink (maybe like six months) but I was happy with life back then so it was fine and somewhat fun. Now it's just a fast was to feel like complete shit and terrible headaches.

Ya I get that doing a lot of k can make you nauseated and/or have stomach problems. But like one line... No.

Ahg this is so frustrating. I guess it's just time to stop :/ shame. It was my substance of choice.

oh yea one line should not do that... are you sure its Ketamine?? forget the "trusted source" stuff; does it smell/taste like K? do you have a test kit? I would start at base principals and make sure that you have Ket and its not adulterated...

Alright, I have never done K and don't know a lot about it. But here's what I would do:

- Definitely get a test kit asap if you do not already have one, and test dat shit
-
No matter what the result of the test was, I would stop using this particular substance (and preferably other chems you might use) for a LONG time. Then maybe after a very long break, try it again and see what happens, if it is indeed ketamine, that is.

Last edited:
It's completly normal, tolerance build up from Ketamine is almost doubled in 2 to 3 days using Ketamine. I know this because I became addicted to it. You have to start taking K-hole amounts of Ketamine just to feel a buzz. After a few months we had to take so much ketamine we couldn't afford it. We had a source who stole 250grams of Metox and he needed to get rid of it. So we bought everything and start using that. Within a mont we were completely dissociated from ourselfs and our roommate started to complain we only were walking in circles in the living room, sitting on the couch alsmost drewling ourselfes while we thought we did all kind of things. Not a long time later my girlfriend starts passing out en began to shake. This became more frequent and alsmost every night I had to catch her from the stairs, she fell over out of the bed everytime. Then I noticed I had black outs and one night I was walking my dog wake with my dog onto me. I passed out, I felt like a empty shell extreme hollowness, all the k-holes after that where nothing more than black unending foids with no nice feelingss or feelings at all. I started getting weird muscle spasms like my spine was hooked with wires en they were pulled back making my twitch all around the room.

Then I was on DF where there was a warning about Ketamine/metox being mixed with PMMA. Later we got a phonecall from a friend who said they also had tested it and it was poisened. So we threw the last bit we had through the toilet. But I secretly made a little baggie for some other time. So did my girlfriend and we used it a long time later, smalles dosages and had a great time on it.

Wow ket cut with PMMA? That's barbaric, why would anyone do that? It would be good advice to bin the rest of it, before you wind up dead. Incredibly stupid to knowingly take that.

OP: Racemic ketamine makes me sick everytime, S ketamine doesn't do that to me. I'm surprised nobody else has suggested the mix of isomers as a possible reason for the difference in effect.