View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Ketamine on trauma

BenzosBudOrBooty

Bluelighter
I’ve been taking ketamine on a monthly basis or so for 6 years now. Never at a clinic. Was rejected because I had told them I’d done ketamine before on my own and they saw that as a cause for concern.

Turns out I probably have a couple things they use ketamine on. In my experience It treats variety of mental health disorders. Obsessive thinking, depression, anxiety but especially for me it treats trauma? I’d say.

But it only lasts so long I’d say. I wish I could do it once per day or so but I end up snorting it all till it’s gone practically.

Ketamine allowed me to know I did have trauma and it was ok. It allowed me to visualize the difference between a traumatized brain and a healthier mind. Not literally but I could see the difference now that at the height of the binge I could see past my ptsd.

What does it mean when someone has a ton of dissociation. From ptsd or maybe a dissociative disorder and they take a dissociative drug and it helps??

maybe there are some long lasting effects from ketamine in terms of treating trauma. It seems there is a permanence. Taking little chunks out of the trauma every time k is taken. But mostly it is when I’m high I feel the most relief from the ptsd. Well ya maybe becuz I’m high on special K. The best feeling in the world.

My ego is whole and healthy on k. My mental armor is near impenetrable. I can be myself. Right now I’m just on weed.

Overall my mental health has benefitted from K. I have made some mistakes with ketamine that have brought me tons of guilt and terror but net gain is definitely positive I don’t know where I’d be possibly without K. Somewhere else.

The spiritual benefits are immense. My life isn’t where I’d like it to be but it’s better and more realistic and next time I get K all will be temporarily perfect again.

Does anyone else have similar thoughts?

I’ve been taking ketamine on a monthly basis or so for 6 years now. Never at a clinic. Was rejected because I had told them I’d done ketamine before on my own and they saw that as a cause for concern.

Turns out I probably have a couple things they use ketamine on. In my experience It treats variety of mental health disorders. Obsessive thinking, depression, anxiety but especially for me it treats trauma? I’d say.

But it only lasts so long I’d say. I wish I could do it once per day or so but I end up snorting it all till it’s gone practically.

Ketamine allowed me to know I did have trauma and it was ok. It allowed me to visualize the difference between a traumatized brain and a healthier mind. Not literally but I could see the difference now that at the height of the binge I could see past my ptsd.

What does it mean when someone has a ton of dissociation. From ptsd or maybe a dissociative disorder and they take a dissociative drug and it helps??

maybe there are some long lasting effects from ketamine in terms of treating trauma. It seems there is a permanence. Taking little chunks out of the trauma every time k is taken. But mostly it is when I’m high I feel the most relief from the ptsd. Well ya maybe becuz I’m high on special K. The best feeling in the world.

My ego is whole and healthy on k. My mental armor is near impenetrable. I can be myself. Right now I’m just on weed.

Overall my mental health has benefitted from K. I have made some mistakes with ketamine that have brought me tons of guilt and terror but net gain is definitely positive I don’t know where I’d be possibly without K. Somewhere else.

The spiritual benefits are immense. My life isn’t where I’d like it to be but it’s better and more realistic and next time I get K all will be temporarily perfect again.

Does anyone else have similar thoughts?
I feel the same way on how consistently micro/mini dosing LSD 2 times a week for only just 1 month has benefitted me so far, I think any psychedlic/dissociative that dissolves the ego and let’s yourself take a step back and look at yourself for what you really are and have been through with a non judge mental honest viewpoint can be beneficial for lots of people, I’ve never tried ketamine yet but I’m considering it my addictive personality is why I haven’t yet I feel a lot safer using psilocybin mushrooms or LSD since you can’t get addicted too that.

Dissociatives definitely have potential for healing trauma but as you say, it's also possible or even likely that the results will be temporarily only if one doesn't combine with psychotherapy. MXE was specially nice in this regard but all share relevant elements, even DXM. But it's very difficult to separate the benefits from addiction / liking the drug experiences, I was hooked after the very first dissociative dosage and while I could control the urge to repeat and never got any real withdrawal until I did dose daily (don't do that, it greatly fucked with my life), there was always some desire to repeat the experience as soon as possible and relive that carefree happy yet very focused and somehow 'intact' feeling. I was less incapacited on a moderate disso dose than on a LSD minidose.

I think it's a shame that there is no dissociative aided psychotherapy yet, and that the better dissociatives than ketamine (longer lasting, less toxicity, more mellow) are just available as sooner or later outlawed research chemicals.