View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ketamine/mescaline combo...?

phuckingnutz

Bluelighter
I am thinking about this combination and it wasn't, as far as I could tell, addressed in the "Drug combinations" thread and would like some input.
I have only dosed mescaline twice and both times were very nice. I also just recently got into Ketamine as well and I LOVE both subs, but how are they together?
My Roa/dose for K is 150-200 mg IM'd. Roa/dose for mescaline HCl was 550-600mg plugged.
Separately those are very nice doses for me, but potentiation can be a bit freaky sometimes (MXE/weed for example) and I don't like surprises when I am looking at 8-10 hour mescaline trip.
Anyone?

Ahh man! I would LOVE to do this combo! I would give a lot to try it! MXE and mescaline was sweet! I'd have to assume this one would be too(granted I tend to feel/think disscociatives and psychedelics are one of the "ultimate" combos!). Actually you know what...I did once do this combo cone to think of it, but I added the mescaline after the ketamine and was a huge amount of other psyches. You find the only TR I ever "officially" wrote and submitted on it in my started threads link in my profile(sorry linking on mobile is a biatch!).

dont know bout synergy and so on, but please remember that puking while holing might kill you.

Yeah, I have taken a Zofran both times I did mescaline and had zero nausea and with the Ketamine. I didn't even know it was known for making one nauseous until I had already done the gram that I had at the time. Besides, even at 200+mg shot of K never made me, even a little, queasy and I was aware enough, I think, that I would have had the presence of mind to turn on my side to puke, but IDK for sure.
Thank you for the heads up though.

Ahh man! I would LOVE to do this combo! I would give a lot to try it! MXE and mescaline was sweet! I'd have to assume this one would be too(granted I tend to feel/think disscociatives and psychedelics are one of the "ultimate" combos!). Actually you know what...I did once do this combo cone to think of it, but I added the mescaline after the ketamine and was a huge amount of other psyches. You find the only TR I ever "officially" wrote and submitted on it in my started threads link in my profile(sorry linking on mobile is a biatch!).

OK, now I'm stoked to try it, I will probably lower the dosages on both subs the first time though...at least the K. The mescaline dose will probably stay the same as before.
I had actually planned to up the mescaline to a gram on my next trip, but not with the combo as I don't want to end up holing, tripping AND puking...even if it didn't kill me I would probably wish I were dead.

I remember the first time I smoked weed while I was doing MXE and it pretty well freaked me out, but now that is the only way I want to fly. So I made sure to eat a couple grams of weed a couple of hours prior to doing the K in the hope that it (the weed) would potentiate it similarly to how it did with the MXE. Problem is that I haven't done enough K to know if it did or not.
Now that I think of it I was doing some pretty strong edibles each time I did the K so maybe that is why I had no nausea issues with Ketamine, or is nausea usually not an issue with Ketamine like Erowid stated?
That gram of K I went through is my only experience with higher doses of it so I am still a newbie when it comes to K, or most disso's for that matter...not counting the dozen or more of grams of PCP I did 40 years ago, but those days are barely a memory now.
Anyway, I am hijacking my own thread so I will shut the Hell up and say thanks again for the advice given as well as that to come.

IDK man I never had any nausea issues with ketamine alone or in combo. Really also as long as you make sure your in the proper position, the only way you'd die is from asphyxiation of vomit.... If your doing Ondanserton I wouldn't worry about nausea at all honestly(I've been IV'd with like 3mgs of hydromorphone puking my guts out then IV'd Ondanserton, stopped the vomiting instantly...) . I used to get vomiting badly(though I was doing a ton of mescaline/2C-x's like E/P soooo...)during come ups and with Ondanserton, I e never even felt nauseated doing things like 20+mgs of 2c-E with 750mgs plus of mescaline, 2c-B/etc. Personally though if I were you I'd hit up high dose mescaline. It's totally a one of a kind experience and the only way you'll get a lot of it is if you extract/synth your own unless your rich.... That's the only reason I've done do much(extract not rich,haha!). Mescaline is so unique and non threatening even at higher doses, but so strong! What'd I do personally if you've got a nice stash of ket is, is just gradually up the dose over the trip until you hole! Don't just slam yourself with a home unless that's your goal. If it is, id still take it easy. Just IM like 120ish mgs, see where that takes you for about an hour or two, then if it wasn't enough slam 150ish mgs.... High dose mescaline lasts twelve hours with about a six or lonfer hour peak if I recall correctly, so no need just slam ket. If you wait one or so hours tgen blast away you could dose ket about five or six times over tfe course of the trip....

Help?!?!,
Thank you for the info.
That is exactly what I will do. I have around 4 grams ket and plenty of mescaline so I will start with 750mg mesc. and do 100 mg shots of K til I get where I want to be...perfect. I have no need to hole right oof the bat especially while tripping.
Also, you obviously are no stranger to the needle so I would like to know if you've IV'd Ketamine and, if so, how was it? I was alittle afraid of it coming on so fast that I couldn't finish the shot...that almost happened with DMT a time or two and I don't want to end up with a "miss" especially after I have already registered.

I am also thinking of IM'ing the mescaline, but am a little leery of going from baseline to balls to wall tripping in a 3 or 4 minute span...
any thoughts?

I've never IV'd or IM'd mescaline. The latter I'd love to do. If you know for a fact you have synthetic mescaline, I'd defintely go for it. I'd do like 350 or 400mgs to start. So much more potent and will cut that come up to like 15-30 minutes. Plus I find IM'ing to cut heftily down on side effects and even if you do get them, they don't last long due to the shortened come up but with Ondanserton too, you'll be golden! I personally like IM admin better than IV, even with opiates... I find the elongated rush far sexier than being slammed with force. It's more euphoric for me personally. You could IV the mescaline too but like stated I like IM better. With ket especially. From what I've heard IV is very intense very quickly. Plus duration with IM ket is already short enough IMO. That's also the cool thing about IM, it's impossible to miss.

All good points. Yeah, IV mescaline doesn't even sound fun, sounds scary.
As for what I have, I THINK it's mescaline, but since I have never done any before this particular batch I am not 100% sure.
I trust my vendor though, and the two times I did this that I have it seemed to fit the profile as far as dose and effect. So I will say "yes" It's real. I have some .2 micron filter wheels, sterile water, the works.
Tomorrow, if my ket comes in I will give the combo a shot (pun intended) and see how it goes.
I am thinking that I will mix up half a gram of ketamine and split it up into 4 or 5 syringes so that it can be easily done even after I'm tripping on the mescaline.
I think I'll go with 500mg mesc./100mg K in the first shot and play it by ear from there.
If any of this sounds like a disaster in the making please let me know. Otherwise by this time tomorrow I will be on top/out of the world...literally.
I'll post afterward in case I have any problems and or revelations as to this combo for use by future psychonauts who may be interested.
Thank you very much for the help, Help?!?!

It's what I'm here for brother! My name Help?!?! by pure coincidence!;)<3 If I had this I'd do it with no second thoughts, shit it would barely take even a first thought! It would just pure instinctucal thought!;) The reason I ask whether it's synthetic mescaline is because even highly pure extract really isn't suited for IM. Even IV is risky due to plant material that's left in said extract. IM it could easily cause an infection. I've done it before with highly pure extract DMT but this was unwise and done in a highly reckless state. Microns can't pick that sort of stuff out so... I meant to mention though that you could plug it though. I find plugging only slightly inferior to IM. It should be nearly as potent, cut down the side effects, and come up/such! Then about an hour in IM the shit outta the ketamine and fade into ethereal bliss! This would be the sort of combo alone I would kill for! ;) it's been years since I had ket or mescaline:)()unfortunately, actually the last time I had ket was when I IM'd it then dosed some mescaline via gel cap before I started holing. 100 sounds good though, dependent on your body weight it should give you a solid hole. Unfortunately last time I wasted a good amount of ket trying it nasally. I ended up doing like 500ish mgs over the course of an hour and didn't even hole slightly. When I IM'd the last 175 mgs though, I holed insanely hard anaesthic style where I was just unable to move travesing the cosmos for about two hours. Totally amazing!

Well, I DO appreciate it.
Yeah, I have IM'd a shit-ton of my extracted DMT with(knock wood)no ill effects, but no longer.
The first two doses I did of the mescaline was plugged and it was very nice, but am looking for a fairly quick come-up to mesh with the K.
I usually plug whatever I have, if it's pluggable...my ex-gf used to say I just like to stick stuff up my ass...only partly right though. It is a very efficient ROA.
Yeah, the Pharmacist this K came from said his "sweet-spot" was 160mg and he is 80 pounds heavier than I am. So I did 160, but wanted to go deeper so I did the last 600 mg in 200mg doses and I was definitely anesthetized, but still strangely lucid, like on DMT, but more so...this stuff could be habit forming for me. Good thing it ain't cheap.

And Help?!?!, I will let you know how this combo is in a few days...if not, it means i decided to stay in the Land of K. Maybe I will PM a short TR to you if you'd be interested.

Definitely do man! Strange though, I would've imagine plugged to have only a slightly longer come up than IM'd. If I were you, unless you can ask the vendor if it's synthetic(it could be but it's much rarer than extract..)and it is, I'd IM the hell out of it. Really though the only thing that would kinda annoy me is love IM'ing psyches and dissociatives at the same time because it makes for one amazing wonky come up that's crazy euphoric for me. It's crazy to go from completely sober to tripping face, dissociated as hell in 15 minutes. Really though if you plug it, wait about five or so minutes, it should be similar to IM'ing both. IDK the mg to kg anymore but erowid can tell you. At the time I was damn heavy and 175 holed me so hard(a lot of other psychedelics and dissociatives were combined though, however it was clear that the ketamine was the one causing the main effects). IDK though my shit was straight from the vial though so it was pure as can be, don't know if you got yours as powder or vialed.... Unless you mean pharmacist as in a real pharmacist and not an online pharma that diverted some vials for a you...

Also never got that whole "Oh you just like to stick stuff up your butt" schtick when it came to plugging but obviously the people that say that are ignorant as fuck... Unless your using like a 25 ml syringe, it's really nothing. I use 3mls to plug, I have big hands, and the needle is about the same width and length of my index finger. Plus IDK about you but I defintely wasnt taking the syringe out then ramming it back in while I waited for the come up... Once again IDK about you but the whole process of insertion to desertion only takes maybe a minute, which is defintely not enough time to get me anywhere near off...;);)

I am afraid that my plugging technique is lacking...at least this time.
All I did was put 550mg mescaline HCl in a 000 cap and gave it a lick and shoved it up my butt...hence the long come-up. I will definitely IM the mescaline the next time I try it...well, I will check my vendors site, but I am pretty sure this is not extracted.
That said, the first 5 gram batch we tried was pure white and this came in and was a little "off" white. I asked the vendor about the color difference and was told that happens with age(it did with some of my tryps, so...) and it is the same mescaline we had already bought. I hold this particular vendor to high standards and he hasn't disappointed, but I will recheck today all the same. Before I do a shot of someone else's extraction...mine I trust, others...weeeellll, not so much.
Well, good thing you mentioned what you did, Help?!?!, the vendor just touts it as being "very pure mescaline HCl", but nothing about whether it was lab produced or extracted. Which means I get to stick it up my ass. Hmmm, now that I think about it, people tell me to do that fairly often. ;)
I just assumed, wrongly...?, that most mescaline for sale would be made in the lab.
I will go ahead and break it down and squirt it up there...quicker that way. I just get lazy sometimes and pop , whatever, in a capsule. Not as quick as the squirt and ,probably, much harder on surrounding tissue too.

Last edited:
Yeah I wouldn't just cap it and shove it up there... It would take much longer to come up because the bhole isn't meant to dissolve things like that! I wouldn't chance it with mescaline, personally! It might just be me and because I've done it so many times, but making up shots only takes like maybe two or three minutes, plus your going to weigh the powder either way so the only extra step is to toss it into a spoon, gently heat, then suck it up, and insert. That should make the come up only maybe thirty minutes. Personally, I'd plug the mescaline, clean yourself up, then about fifteen minutes later, slam a shot of ket. You'll be climbing a beautiful stairway to bliss then! They'll both be plateauing at about roughly the same time.

Actually synthetic mescaline like synthetic psilocin is pretty rare. I used to get like 5+ grams of decently pure extract for maybe $125 including extract material. Five grams of good mescaline extract is worth like roughly $300-500 dependent on who your selling it too and I wasn't really getting bulk powder either... Realistically, doing bulk extracts are going to be far more profitable then a synth would most times. It's good you asked though! I wouldn't want to IM anything extracted these days. Way to much risk! Your plan sounds perfect though, good luck!

Have fun and stay safe! I'm pretty excited to read the summary of your experience. Sure it will be heavenly!

Im usually more into the scientific view off these things.
However in my experiments with San Pedro ive had some very off putting results when mixing it with dissios.

At lower doses or in the afterglow it has been fine to use some whippets.
But messing around with the compound known as psychedelic heroin on a full dose of cacti has felt very very wrong to me.

All of the natural plant psychs have a strong spiritual effect on me where they feel more then a drug.
When ive tried doing bumps of K on mesc or on higher doses of shrooms i just get a really nasty vibe.

Im def not against Ketamine in General, actually i use it quite often but not too often.
I feel great when i average 1-2g in a month combined with 1-2 psychedelic trip.
Also its awesome with lsd or any 2c-x.
But id rather just take a epic dose of an entheogen with some potent bud and maybe some amanita and leave the K for a different day.

Im usually more into the scientific view off these things.
However in my experiments with San Pedro ive had some very off putting results when mixing it with dissios.

But messing around with the compound known as psychedelic heroin on a full dose of cacti has felt very very wrong to me.

Funny enough I just found my paperback copy of DM Turner's book The Essential Psychedelic Guide buried in my closet for 20 years. I read through it and then saw this post. Sort of an odd coincidence. I am hesitant to post in any dissociative thread since I myself am not a fan and don't want to ruffle feathers or hear "hit the road Jack" :D I am from the older school that considers dissociative anesthetics something different from psychedelics. I do admit I like reading all the trip reports, but I will leave that research in the capable hands of some of these folks here and bypass that myself. I've said myself I had a vial of Ketaset in 1990, used ketamine IM in dosages ranging from 20 mgs to 150 mgs and had a few interesting trips, but then didn't like the fuzzy confusion coming out of it as opposed to the pristine clarity when using a tryptamine or phen. Basically with ketamine I was just ready for surgery, my arm could have been cut off and it wouldn't concern me. I need my fear factor and emotions in tact. So after about 15 experiences I shelved the whole idea. For me I am glad, I have two friends with bladder problems from doing too much and they keep doing it. That is as stubborn as a cigarette habit it seems.

OK, saying that I am unqualified to comment on this combo, I figured this guy DM Turner is. And in that book he said this:

The reversal in my experience of combining Ketamine with psilocybin was one factor that has led to my current position. But the most intense message came when I tried combining Ketamine with mescaline. When one takes a natural psychedelic like mescaline, they often come into contact with with age-old entities of that realm. With mescaline I find that I become a branch of a living entity, often called "Mescalito," who has existed at least since humans first ingested psychoactive cacti. Mescalito can be viewed as being a conglomeration of the experiences of all mescaline users. It feels as though when taking mescaline I become an "eye" of Mescalito, and that he experiences through me. Mescalito has experienced much during his 3000+ year life time. However, my introducing him to a powerful synthetic anesthetic/psychedelic left him shocked, stunned, and confused. It was a serious insult on my part to force this experience on Mescalito, especially since omens were telling me I should not do it.

Whatever you decide to do phuck let us know. I am curious as I love my cactus trips. Mescaline has been a good friend to me over the years. Sending good vibes your way.

But id rather just take a epic dose of an entheogen with some potent bud and maybe some amanita and leave the K for a different day.

Whatever you decide to do phuck let us know. I am curious as I love my cactus trips. Mescaline has been a good friend to me over the years. Sending good vibes your way.

Jack, thanks for the vibe and Bitch, shoulda taken your advice...won't mix em again. Separately they have much potential, but together, for me anyway, they are the retarded bastard child of a "combo gone wrong"!!!

Oh and Help?!?!...thanks for all of it brother.

Haha really? That's messed up. I think dissociatives plus psychedelics go together like 1+1=heavenly pursuits. The only reason I could see it maybe being a little iffy is the fact that mescaline causes an unrivaled sense of connection to all life and ketamines a bit disconnecting while holing. Maybe try small non hole doses to elicit the sociability of ketamine?

Haha really? That's messed up. I think dissociatives plus psychedelics go together like 1+1=heavenly pursuits. The only reason I could see it maybe being a little iffy is the fact that mescaline causes an unrivaled sense of connection to all life and ketamines a bit disconnecting while holing. Maybe try small non hole doses to elicit the sociability of ketamine?

I like them fine apart and even later during the mescaline afterglow the K was nice, but not used at the same time....way too noisy and confusing.
And I did do small non-hole doses.
What I did was to plug 500 mg of mescaline and I had 3 100 mg doses of K in 3 separate syringes already made up and ready to go. And an hour after plugging the mesc I IM'd 100mg K, then waited another ??? while and did the 2nd one and THEN I turned retarded and sometime after that...2, 3, 4, ??? hours in I did the last shot and when I came back to life I ate a frigging horse and messed around a bit and later that night 10-12 hours after starting the experiment I did 160 mg shot of K, just "because, and was able to maneuver around K space and ride my roller Koaster for a while, but will wait a week or so before any more K and a month or so before any more mescaline. I will leave the K at home that night...at least until I am on the afterglow, but not full-on tripping, but then 500mg of mescaline isn't "full-on" tripping anyway. Next time it will be a gram.
It was like they (K & Mescaline) were competing for my attention and instead of everyone being satisfied, no one was.
Anyway, in retrospect, it was a worthwhile experiment, but not one to be repeated...at least not by me.

Oh..."sociability of ketamine"? I can't walk or talk for shit on that stuff...now mescaline is a different story...

Haha shit dude! I'm talking about doing 25-50 mgs not 100! Yes low doses of ketamine can be very interesting and is nice while blazing up taking it easy.

I told you it's more worthwhile to dose high with mescaline! From reading your posts, I know your more than experienced enough to handle it. One of my best trips ever was 1,750 mgs of mescaline with large amounts of good marijuana and DMT smoked. A ++++ and an extraordinary time! It's such a unique experience because it's so strong but feels very non threatening!

Mescaline is a really great add on too. One of my favorites for that! It goes well with everything. One of my absolute favorite combos out of the large number I've done is LSD, mescaline, 2c-E, DMT, and nitrous.

Ummm, OK, 25-50, Damn I told you I am new to K and I also tend to keep the doses of whatever I do on the high side.
Well, maybe I will try a tryptamine with the K next time...IM DMT and K...hell YES!!!...but not for a while.
You did 1750mg of mescaline and it was ok huh?
Maybe I'll try 1500 of the mesc instead of a gram. If I do a gram and it isn't enough I have wasted a gram, but if I do a gram and a half and it's too much, it's not wasted at all. It's a learning experience. Hmmmm, maybe two grams...?

Well man you said you wanted to hole! Holes with IM start at as little as 100mgs. Threshold-light is 10-40mgs. Yeah man I'd just do what feels right. You'll be able to handle it for sure and high dose mescaline is absolutely superb! What do you mean okay? Physically? Yes I felt most excellent in all regards. Lovely body high, extravagant mental effects, and astounding visuals. If you like nature, make sure to get out there for a bit and puff some Buddha!