• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Ketamine IM Injection - red line around injection site. Pictures.

in my defense, the time i decided to inject the shit off the floor i was fucked up out of my mind on a bunch of psychedelics
Yes, but please don’t phrase your crazy IM practice as something that is ok. You realise how lucky you are I’m sure that you’ve gotten away with it so far.
The odds are against you though by now I’m sure.

Be careful.

i still think its not as likely as people say, injecting off the floor was a bad idea, but if you have showered recently and aren't using an exposed area, i really do think its mostly safe to IM a solution containing no particulate matter (i.e. out of a vial, not off the floor). i think the danger comes more from particulate matter, IMO. maybe i'm wrong here though. i mean, technically people should be using an alcohol wipe anytime they even IV, and i dont think thats happening.

for example, IMing out of a sterile vial without wiping with alcohol or iodine is probably loads safer than IMing street ket without a micron filter

Actually generally I don't feel like drugs do a lot for me anymore [...]
I can take ridiculous doses of not just K, but other things as well, even with breaks inbetween.
Trust me, you may not feel much from the K, but other people most definitely know you're fuuuucked up. Zombified. In terms of watching other people who are fucked up on drugs, people who are on K are among the most disconcerting to be around.

micron filter PLUS the heat to be safe. just got veeeery lucky.
Don't heat solutions for injection unless you have to. That's for black tar heroin, mostly. Powder heroin, cocaine, ketamine, etc. don't need heat and in fact the heat is actually worse from an HR perspective as there may be crap in there that's only soluble in hot/warm water so you're actually getting MORE contaminants not less. It's a myth that heating your drugs sterilizes them, too, you'd need a lot more sustained heat than lighter under a spoon, and might potentially destroy your drugs in the process.

Also of course what @MsDiz said goes without saying. All users of needle drugs have probably done questionable shit but it should be discouraged.

Trust me, you may not feel much from the K, but other people most definitely know you're fuuuucked up. Zombified. In terms of watching other people who are fucked up on drugs, people who are on K are among the most disconcerting to be around.

Don't heat solutions for injection unless you habd to. That's for black tar heroin, mostly. Powder heroin, cocaine, ketamine, etc. don't need heat and in fact the heat is actually worse from an HR perspective as there may be crap in there that's only soluble in hot/warm water so you're actually getting MORE contaminants not less. It's a myth that heating your drugs sterilizes them, too, you'd need a lot more sustained heat than lighter under a spoon, and might potentially destroy your drugs in the process.
yeah, it was just because it had spilled on a tile floor, (like half a 5 gram vial), and i sucked it up, filtered thru a cigarette filter, and boiled it and reconstituted with distilled water. somehow this didnt give me an abcess.

without the heat, i think i might have lost my leg

yeah, it was just because it had spilled on a tile floor, (like half a 5 gram vial), and i sucked it up, filtered thru a cigarette filter, and boiled it and reconstituted with distilled water. somehow this didnt give me an abcess.
Like I said probably all of us who inject drugs have done something profoundly dumb like this lol. Just try not to in the future, and encourage others not to.

No offence to @Zephyn but the fact that he/she hasn’t gotten an abscess or worse is a mystery to me. Please don’t think that it’s good practice to do ANYTHING that they have written. It is not. Your biology is different and you might not be as lucky with poor IM practice.

Things can go south very quickly with infection, especially when a person is injecting.

Edit to add, just seen the post above mine... hmmmm
Thanks for the warning. I don't intend to lower the level of precautions I take, quite the contrary. I just don't like the paranoia that comes with IM. But it gets better once done enough times I guess. My paranoia comes from reading horror stories about people getting legs amputated and stuff, from poor IM practice.

Don't heat solutions for injection unless you have to. That's for black tar heroin, mostly. Powder heroin, cocaine, ketamine, etc. don't need heat and in fact the heat is actually worse from an HR perspective as there may be crap in there that's only soluble in hot/warm water so you're actually getting MORE contaminants not less. It's a myth that heating your drugs sterilizes them, too, you'd need a lot more sustained heat than lighter under a spoon, and might potentially destroy your drugs in the process.

Also of course what @MsDiz said goes without saying. All users of needle drugs have probably done questionable shit but it should be discouraged.
I agree that other people can easily see it. I don't doubt for a second that I look majorly fucked up when I'm on K :-D I can hardly recognise myself in the mirror.

Interesting about the heat. So you're saying non sterile Ketamine powder plus sterile water doesn't have to be heated? Seeing that the Ketamine doesn't come sterile, I thought it had to be heated to kill the worst of the bacteria.

Interesting about the heat. So you're saying non sterile Ketamine powder plus sterile water doesn't have to be heated? Seeing that the Ketamine doesn't come sterile, I thought it had to be heated to kill the worst of the bacteria.
Nope, not enough heat. And enough heat to sterilize it might damage the ketamine, at the very least it'd boil off some of the water—it would also be too hot to inject...this is just in theory. Heating your drugs to sterilize them is a no go and actually a worse move from an HR perspective due to insoluble crap as I mentioned above. Only way to do it if you're worried about sterilizing things is a micron filter. The equivalent process for large volumes is part of the process of sterilizing pharmaceutical solutions, I think. Either way it's the only way to go for the end user.

Nope, not enough heat. And enough heat to sterilize it might damage the ketamine, at the very least it'd boil off some of the water—it would also be too hot to inject...this is just in theory. Heating your drugs to sterilize them is a no go and actually a worse move from an HR perspective due to insoluble crap as I mentioned above. Only way to do it if you're worried about sterilizing things is a micron filter. The equivalent process for large volumes is part of the process of sterilizing pharmaceutical solutions, I think. Either way it's the only way to go for the end user.
Real eye opener for me here. Thanks man.
I'll start using the micron filters that I have lying (laying?) around anyways. It just looks to me like they'll soak up a lot of the liquid. I've never used one before. Would you say that I loose less than 1ml of liquid, in the filter? My solution is something like 150mg/ml, so 1ml is already a lot to lose.

In a bunch of threads on bluelight and reddit, people are instructing to heat the solution. The fact that it doesn't help, is good knowledge to get out there.
As has been said get a micron filter for best practice.
Got it. I'll use one from now on

Real eye opener for me here. Thanks man.
I'll start using the micron filters that I have lying (laying?) around anyways. It just looks to me like they'll soak up a lot of the liquid. I've never used one before. Would you say that I loose less than 1ml of liquid, in the filter? My solution is something like 150mg/ml, so 1ml is already a lot to lose.
I couldn't put it to a number but you don't lose that much with a wheel filter. If you are worried about it you can dilute it with sterile saline or water, which you can probably get wherever you get your wheel filters from. Would obviously result in larger injections though. Overall I wouldn't worry about it.

In a bunch of threads on bluelight and reddit, people are instructing to heat the solution. The fact that it doesn't help, is good knowledge to get out there.
I am surprised at this. I thought not heating shots was pretty common knowledge, at least among users of cocaine and (powder) heroin. Maybe that's the issue, come to think of it, if you've been talking with mostly people who don't know that much about injecting drugs generally? I suspect some people get the idea that you have to heat stuff primarily from the movies, which portray the lighter-and-spoon scenario because it's a nice visual or because they tend to be set in, and made by people from, California, where black tar heroin, which you do need to heat, predominates. Nobody I knew from New York, for instance, heated their dope, though (correctly.)

Would you say that I loose less than 1ml of liquid, in the filter? My solution is something like 150mg/ml, so 1ml is already a lot to lose.
It's fairly common practice (at least around here) to rinse the filter once you're done by running sterile water through it, this minimises loss of product but adds another half mL or so to inject.

I couldn't put it to a number but you don't lose that much with a wheel filter. If you are worried about it you can dilute it with sterile saline or water, which you can probably get wherever you get your wheel filters from. Would obviously result in larger injections though. Overall I wouldn't worry about it.

I am surprised at this. I thought not heating shots was pretty common knowledge, at least among users of cocaine and (powder) heroin. Maybe that's the issue, come to think of it, if you've been talking with mostly people who don't know that much about injecting drugs generally? I suspect some people get the idea that you have to heat stuff primarily from the movies, which portray the lighter-and-spoon scenario because it's a nice visual or because they tend to be set in, and made by people from, California, where black tar heroin, which you do need to heat, predominates. Nobody I knew from New York, for instance, heated their dope, though (correctly.)
Ok, I'll start using the filter. I have sterile water as well.

I haven't really been talking to anybody about it - just googled it and read some threads on bluelight and reddit. But I guess I came across the wrong threads, with bad advice.
Actually the idea that I had to heat it probably came from my mum to begin with. She's trained as a nurse. And she claims that it kills some of the bacteria, so for that reason it's a good idea. And that made sense to me.

As far as I know the micron filter doesn't take away bacteria? But I guess that's not as big a risk as impurities being dissolved.
What I've done so far is heat it in a water bath, on the stove.
It's fairly common practice (at least around here) to rinse the filter once you're done by running sterile water through it, this minimises loss of product but adds another half mL or so to inject.
Ok, that's a good idea actually. Another half ml isn't too bad.

So I guess I'm now asking, bacteria don't pose any risk? Because surely the Ketamine powder is far from sterile. I do think that it's pure though, but still bad practice to skip the filter.

So I guess I'm now asking, bacteria don't pose any risk? Because surely the Ketamine powder is far from sterile. I do think that it's pure though, but still bad practice to skip the filter.
Micron filters should filter out bacteria. I think it’s the pore size 0.22 that does it best.

Micron filters should filter out bacteria. I think it’s the pore size 0.22 that does it best.
Ok, I'm surprised bacteria can be filtered out like that. I thought heat was the only thing that would kill it. But good to know! Thanks! This will also make preparing the whole shebang a lot easier, now that I can skip the water bath.
And Ketamine easily dissolves in cold water I assume?

I have a stupid question. I've been reading a bit about how to use the filter.

How would you advice me to take it?
I can either suck water+ketamine into the syring, put on filter+needle and inject directly.
Or I can suck it into the syringe with the filter on, then remove filter, replace needle and inject.
Which of these are better?

I have a stupid question. I've been reading a bit about how to use the filter.

How would you advice me to take it?
I can either suck water+ketamine into the syring, put on filter+needle and inject directly.
Or I can suck it into the syringe with the filter on, then remove filter, replace needle and inject.
Which of these are better?
Have you used micron wheel filters before at all?

Suck about 2/3ml of sterile water into your barrel.
Attach wheel filter and push the water through onto the spoon with your ket.
Some people put a cig filter into the spoon and suck up the mixture through it. Up to you but suck up the mixture into barrel.
Attach wheel filter and push the mixture into a clean spoon. You could also attach a larger gauge needle onto the wheel filter and push the mixture into a new barrel.

Have you used micron wheel filters before at all?
No, never used one.
Suck about 2/3ml of sterile water into your barrel.
Attach wheel filter and push the water through onto the spoon with your ket.
Some people put a cig filter into the spoon and suck up the mixture through it. Up to you but suck up the mixture into barrel.
Attach wheel filter and push the mixture into a clean spoon. You could also attach a larger gauge needle onto the wheel filter and push the mixture into a new barrel.
Ok, so I have to transfer liquid to another container, and then use new syringe and needle to inject the sterile solution?.
I cannot just suck solution into barrel (syringe), then attach filter+needle and shoot it directly into the muscle? With the filter still on.