View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ketamine headaches and other hangover effects

.:Holy::Toast:.

Bluelighter
I was just wondering how common it is for people to experience long lasting hangover effects (more than 24 hours) from ketamine usage.
After binges I often get severe physical hangover symptoms including muscle weakness and extreme fatigue even when other factors such as sleep and food intake are watched for.
as well there are psychological effects such as strong brain fog and painful headaches.
The brain fog and headaches are also present when I don't binge per se on ketamine.
My first time buying a gram it took me a week to finish and after 4 days of such moderate usage I still experienced the headaches and brain fog.
I know many people report a positive afterglow including anti depressive qualities but for me it is usually the exact opposite.

is it possible it is another substance and/or adulterated?
when i get k i will buy 3-7 grams at a time and binge on it til its gone (typically 1g/night, weekends is a different story). that's evening use only and usually weeknights, i work 9-5
it often keeps me up til like 3am but i find the next day i have more energy than if i had stayed up til 3am sober. immediately after sobering up i may get some headaches or feel queasy, but this is easily slept off

Ketamine/MXE/DXM/3-MeO-PCP all give me a sort of hangover. Some say abuse causes the afterglow to turn sour but I have always felt a little off the next day.

i get a big foggy and spaced out ~24h after even minimal dosing at times. this is with no tolarance and medical grade K... but i find this the same with a lot of substances, and dissasociatives in particular. depends on the circumstances also.... at festivals and on holidays its less noticeable than on a fresh monday morning when going to work so general fatigue may have a lot to do with it

Ketamine dehydrates the shit out of you, and the effects you describe sound like straight up dehydration to me. I've never had any negative after effects from ketamine use, quite the opposite actually (of course I don't binge for days straight, I usually just use it for a day at at time three or four times a year, so the fact that I use it responsibly might have an effect.). I consume 8+ liters of water along with the ketamine before, during, and after the immediate use, and this in addition to drinking at least 6 liters on any average day.

It's not very well known how much water needs to be consumed to stay hydrated, in fact you have to drink amounts of water that most people find absurd. But those people are chronically dehydrated.

I definitely do not consume 8L of water but I definitely do drink at least 2L (normal water consumption for me).
I have noticed that it does dehydrate you, after my last binge I drank water all day and it was only right before I went to bed that my piss wasn't neon yellow

Ketamine dehydrates the shit out of you, and the effects you describe sound like straight up dehydration to me. I've never had any negative after effects from ketamine use, quite the opposite actually (of course I don't binge for days straight, I usually just use it for a day at at time three or four times a year, so the fact that I use it responsibly might have an effect.). I consume 8+ liters of water along with the ketamine before, during, and after the immediate use, and this in addition to drinking at least 6 liters on any average day.

It's not very well known how much water needs to be consumed to stay hydrated, in fact you have to drink amounts of water that most people find absurd. But those people are chronically dehydrated.

Completely agree, it dehydrates you like crazy

Sometimes the next day after a binge, i look leaner, veins more pronounced as if my skin has been thinned (losing water weight i presume)

...and like you, I drink a load of water also

Completely agree, it dehydrates you like crazy

Sometimes the next day after a binge, i look leaner, veins more pronounced as if my skin has been thinned (losing water weight i presume)

...and like you, I drink a load of water also
This is definitely true but I experience other withdrawal effects.
After a particularly heavy binge I have a skin sensitivity very reminiscent of opiate withdrawal for up to 48 hours after.
It feels like my skin is tingly all over but in a slightly painful way, I have never heard this as a side effect of dehydration