• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Ketamine for opioid withdrawal

I haven't ever personally used it for withdrawal,.but I've heard second hand that it can really help distract you.

If you decide to go for it, please let.is know how it worked out for you! Goof.luck
:)

Yeah if anything it'll work as a good distraction from the withdrawals for a short while. I've used nitrous oxide in a similar fashion when in opiate withdrawals in the past. Worked very well particularly for the pain e.g. tummy cramps, back aches, joint aches etc.

@NasaBeachBum
Works really well can completely keep the WDs at bay if you dose right, small doses (say like 25-50mg small line or 'bump'... Or IM shot - dont go IV it doesn't last as long) say once every hour or 2. Spit the drip if snorting.

Does the same job for methadone WDs too, and for benzo/alcohol ones! Wonder drug. Just dont get addicted to it while using it to taper off the others lol

Yea it works but it’s so short acting that it’s just a quick relief, it never covered me really well either but a much better distraction than most other drugs.

In the end though if I just need to cover a couple days I’d probably just eat like 10-20mg lope plus kratom.

-GC

Their are other Arylcyclohexylamines that may do a better job at handling moderate to severe Opioid withdrawals, like (among others) 3-HO-PCP.

In my opinion, IM is the best option. When you reach anaesthetic doses, it can take most discomfort away.

Also keep sure that you stay hydrated and make sure you have magnesium, mineral salts, Loperamide, vitamines, paracetamol, melatonin, etc. at hand. Maybe also some Benzodiazepines and/or Carisoprodol if you have access to them...

what you want is actually called "DXM"

Opiates are a labyrinth my friend!

I hope you find your way out.

( I kid about the DXM, i just have found it helpful myself. I do not know about ketamine personally, so I cannot speak for it)

Sure. Then I got a ketamine addiction which resulted bladder damage and chronic pain which I resorted to taking opioids permanently for.

So right back where I started except also have chronic pain now.

Ketamine will make you think it is the cure for everything. Steroids for anything in life is how you'll look at K. That's the allure of K.

it is not a sustainable treatment unless you have a pharmacy team administering a round the clock drip. and even then, the disfiguration to gaba/glut systems is not good for coming off of any type of drugs. use it one off every couple of weeks to deal with PAWS depression and listen to @LucidSDreamr --- ketamine presents real and present dangers. most of it is currently contaminated w ketamine precursor a (go look at drugsdata results). It has renal, brain and bladder toxicity issues. it's dissociative nature makes people prone to being unable to associate it with the actual harms it creates. be careful with it.

I did during the Christmas period.
Can't say it worked to make me feel not like I was withdrawing but it helps a little bit with the sleeping.
I was mixing it with xanax and amitriptyline (all I had at hand that was a sedative and could help me sleep) and I went 3 days like that until I remember I had some H left and decided to IV it for the first time ever whilst in withdrawal.
That worked 100% instead. There's nothing like an opioid that will work well I'm afraid.

I also overdid my cocktail of medications one night and my partner said I was slurring. Too much ketamine but obviously couldn't say what I had taken exactly. I just blamed the amitriptyline having a bad side effect.
The ketamine was taken orally and measured to be a very small amount. I wasn't looking for recreational effects with that. Not a fan of ketamine in that sense. When I had snorted it it hit me very quickly and I got super dizzy so fpr withdrawal I decided to take it orally only.

Hmm interesting subject and especially if its liquid pharm grade. I want to look at this as a transition between meds as you ween off to get clean and not use anything.

Really bad for your stomach and bladder this way, orally is the worst, weakest and most harmful way to take ket. Stay safe.
I am aware that it is more dangerous orally and that ketamine will ruin your bladder when abused long-term.

Like I said, I don't like it very much at all recreationally. I had snorted it only once before and hated it. My usage of ket during withdrawal was at much lower dosages than you would typically use to get high.

Bladder damage usually happens with constant usage and/or constant high dosages. 3 days of therapeutic doses wouldn't be enough to develop any real damage to organs I would think.

I take omeprazole daily already for gastritis funny enough. My stomach felt like it always feels... I didn't notice a difference whilst on some oral ketamine.

I measured the ket and stuck it inside an empty capsule to swallow it. Maybe this helped with any potential stomach troubles?

I have no plans to use ketamine again any time soon anyway. Don't worry :).

I only used it because I googled studies about ketamine to see if it could help in any way with withdrawal from opioids and it was suggested that it could do so.
I thought of anything that could be helpful as I had none of the usual comfort meds in the house apart from Xanax maybe (didn't even have any Imodium) and during Christmas I couldn't have anything shipped (I don't have offline sources for drugs). I was desperate for any relief.

Example of one of the studies I came across: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16963828/

Ketamine is used as a painkiller in hospital settings so I thought it could help with the body aches etc. at least. That's what led me to googling studies about whether it could help with opioid withdrawal symptoms.
I didn't wanna snort it again because I didn't want to be hit that quick again. Oral is weaker, yes, but that was ok with me. I wasn't looking for pronounced effects. I hate feeling dizzy and that's what I experienced the first time, when I snorted a line of it.

My conclusion is that if you have clonidine, loperamide, gabapentin and maybe a benzo for sleep that those are much better meds than ketamine for withdrawal.

I only got real relief when I IVed that little heroin I had left. I had to take it intravenously because smoking it would have been just a waste for me and I had only a little left so I had to make the most of it.

I appreciate your concern and it's good to remark the potential dangers of ketamine and the different ROAs.

@OpialiciouslyMe the omeprazole definitely would have helped your stomach against k. But yeah with 3 days of low usage you'd have to have been very unlucky to feel any bad side effects happen! 👍

"it worked when i added some dope" lol. as i said, it works for the hour it suppresses glutamate function, when that comes roaring back it's just like coming down off coke without dopamine jittery.. there's still the immediate drug seeking type feels. and it also interrupts sleep. it's easier just to titrate opes to nothing and maybe use it once coming off or something like that for a mental reset.