• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Ketamine for opiate withdrawal?

Chris42393

Bluelighter
Hello everyone! Im on day 2 of my opiate withdrawal and have been doing some reasearch about certain medicines that help with the WD symptoms. I seen that ketamine can help ease the symptoms. Has anyone had any success using ketamine for opiate WD? I have 1000mg of IV/IM phara grade Ketamine at my disposale.

I cant really find much on it...

Thanks!

It defo helps a lot mate! I take it you have no ket tolerance? 1000mg is a lot if doses if you are planning on injecting with no tolerance, especially IV.
I know quite a few ex heroin addicts that successfully used ket to get off it.
Good luck
And if you IV start LOW i mean try 20mg to start with.

I took ketamine sublingually and as a DMSO-based gel whilst stopping all opioids and anticholinergics for 36 hours to deal with the one serious case of constipation I have had, which came from extended-release ketobemidone and nicomorphine SC for breakthrough pain . . . it was a great help, and i am not sure if it was the ketamine actually hitting the mu opioid receptors or anaesthetising my body so I could not feel withdrawal symptoms. It required frequent re-dosing, about every 60-105 minutes.

One of the ketamine fanciers I know says that she has a rough idea of what may be a possible peri-exposure chemoprophylaxis strategy to reduce the incidence of PTSD: propranolol + dihydrocodeine + hydroxyzine + dextroamphetamine + trihexyphenidyl PO and ketamine via one ROA or another ad libitum

It defo helps a lot mate! I take it you have no ket tolerance? 1000mg is a lot if doses if you are planning on injecting with no tolerance, especially IV.
I know quite a few ex heroin addicts that successfully used ket to get off it.
Good luck
And if you IV start LOW i mean try 20mg to start with.
Thanks for the replies! Im glad to hear it works! I plan to IM it actually. And you're right, I have 0 ketamine tolerance. Its been about 3 years since ive used it.

I have used it in the past while in heavy oxy + tramadol withdrawal, the same ROA as you aka IM. it really works wonders if you don't have many things to do you can hole yourself for 3-4 days. I usually use 200mg IM but not pharma grade so you should use about 100 mg in my experience. do not IV at all because maybe you will enter the hole instantly and remain with the pin stuck in your arm and you won't feel it, saw it happen before at other people. even the after effects of k mask the withdrawal pretty well so if you got stuff to do just plan it out carefully so you are out of the hole.

With ZERO tolerance start with 50mg IM not 100mg.
I prefer to IV but my tolerance is huge. I personally would shoot all 1000mg at once and still want more a half hour/hour later haha. IV K is fun as hell. Go from level 0 to 100 in seconds.
IM is probably better injection for killing withdrawals tbh. It doesnt come on as fast or hard, but lasts longer and is alot easier to handle.
Cooking it and snorting tiny lines or key bumps every 10-20 mins until you feel 'better' is probably the best way to fight opiate WDs though. Alot easier to redose/top up just sniffing rather than pinning up all the time! Comes on even slower and even easier to handle too.
Do you know how to cook it? Its fucking easy and pretty fool-proof.

Last edited:
Thanks again for the replies! Im really glad to hear it works! I might give it a shot tonight! The worst part of my WDs are typically worse at night, so thats when ill try it. My ketamine came in a vial (its a liquid), im not sure how to cook it per se. To be honest, Ive never even heard of that lol Can you explain, please?

Thanks again everyone :)

My ketamine came in a vial (its a liquid), im not sure how to cook it per se. To be honest, Ive never even heard of that lol Can you explain, please?

Theres quite a few ways to cook it.
Its basically evaporating the liquid into crystal/powder.
If you're not in a rush (and the most fool proof way) you can air dry it.
Pour (or pull some up in a syringe and squirt) a quarter or half a vial (or all of it) onto a ceramic plate or glass dish and leave it on top of a cupboard for 24hrs. When you come back to it the liquid will have evaporated off and then you scrape it up with a card or razor and chop it finely like you would cocaine, then snort.
To do it quicker put it on a plate then place the plate ontop of a saucepan half full of boiling water. Takes 30-45 mins ish for 1000mg. Basically when you see the bubbless stop moving around under the surface it's done. If you take it off and its damp/clumpy when you scrape it, put it back on for longer. Keep an eye on the water level in the saucepan it may need a top up halfway through.
Or in a glass dish in the oven on medium heat with the door open but that takes longer. But does yield nice big crystals.
Even quicker put the liquid directly into a frying pan and cook on medium heat only takes a few minutes, but beware you can burn it and ruin it this way.
You can also microwave it on the plate 1000mg would cook in 1 minute, but you have to cover the plate with another plate or it will spit all over your microwave and you'll loose loads. Just remember to leave a little gap in the plates for the steam to escape.

Sounds like you arent in a massive rush if you haven't tried it yet so try the air dry. It'll go quicker if you leave it in an airing cupboard or on a radiator or by the window where the sun will hit it.
They say the longer you cook it for, the stronger it is ;) also makes the crystal/powder 'lighter/fluffier'
I do agree, microwaving it does seem to take some potency away, and yeilds hard white powder.
Frying pan takes some practice to get nice results. Noobies will be left with white hard lumps of powder, if you get the technique down you can get steam plate/oven/air dry type results in minutes. But thats a whole different story lol.
Steaming (plate over saucepan) the yeild is more crystally, and lighter to snort once crushed. Oven is again bigger crystals and lighter to snort, air dry is the best. I used to have loads of pics of different cooks/results but they're unfortunately gone now.

Hope this helps mate.

Theres loads of info online about cooking it.
But if you have any other questions just ask me! I've been cooking it for probably 16 years.
Good luck with the WDs let us know how you get on if you try some.

I'm sure it will help but you may prefer something with a longer halflife/duration.

Theres quite a few ways to cook it.
Its basically evaporating the liquid into crystal/powder.
If you're not in a rush (and the most fool proof way) you can air dry it.
Pour (or pull some up in a syringe and squirt) a quarter or half a vial (or all of it) onto a ceramic plate or glass dish and leave it on top of a cupboard for 24hrs. When you come back to it the liquid will have evaporated off and then you scrape it up with a card or razor and chop it finely like you would cocaine, then snort.
To do it quicker put it on a plate then place the plate ontop of a saucepan half full of boiling water. Takes 30-45 mins ish for 1000mg. Basically when you see the bubbless stop moving around under the surface it's done. If you take it off and its damp/clumpy when you scrape it, put it back on for longer. Keep an eye on the water level in the saucepan it may need a top up halfway through.
Or in a glass dish in the oven on medium heat with the door open but that takes longer. But does yield nice big crystals.
Even quicker put the liquid directly into a frying pan and cook on medium heat only takes a few minutes, but beware you can burn it and ruin it this way.
You can also microwave it on the plate 1000mg would cook in 1 minute, but you have to cover the plate with another plate or it will spit all over your microwave and you'll loose loads. Just remember to leave a little gap in the plates for the steam to escape.

Sounds like you arent in a massive rush if you haven't tried it yet so try the air dry. It'll go quicker if you leave it in an airing cupboard or on a radiator or by the window where the sun will hit it.
They say the longer you cook it for, the stronger it is ;) also makes the crystal/powder 'lighter/fluffier'
I do agree, microwaving it does seem to take some potency away, and yeilds hard white powder.
Frying pan takes some practice to get nice results. Noobies will be left with white hard lumps of powder, if you get the technique down you can get steam plate/oven/air dry type results in minutes. But thats a whole different story lol.
Steaming (plate over saucepan) the yeild is more crystally, and lighter to snort once crushed. Oven is again bigger crystals and lighter to snort, air dry is the best. I used to have loads of pics of different cooks/results but they're unfortunately gone now.

Hope this helps mate.

Theres loads of info online about cooking it.
But if you have any other questions just ask me! I've been cooking it for probably 16 years.
Good luck with the WDs let us know how you get on if you try some.
Thanks for that man! Appreciate it! Ill be giving that a shot! Thankfully that doesnt sound too hard xD

If this really has substance to it, then it could be great news for America. We are at our worst in terms of the opiate crisis, and our mental health system is so screwy, our cops have to double as psych counselors when there are crises.

If I had the money, I'd be looking into how psilocybin or LSD help with withdrawal

I will say that a large dose of 3-MeO-PCP in the midst of an active heroin habit gave me such a harrowing introspective experience that I didn't do heroin for 3 days! I think it has something to do with NMDA receptors being attached to opiate receptors, or somehow being able to do something to them? I don't know, does anyone know what I'm talking about?

I will say that a large dose of 3-MeO-PCP in the midst of an active heroin habit gave me such a harrowing introspective experience that I didn't do heroin for 3 days! I think it has something to do with NMDA receptors being attached to opiate receptors, or somehow being able to do something to them? I don't know, does anyone know what I'm talking about?

The NMDA receptors are apparently connected to opioid tolerance, nociceptive pain and neuropathic pain, which is why narcotic analgesics in the ketobemidone, levorphanol, methadone, propoxyphene, methadol, isomethadone, normethadone, piritramide and other such subfamilies work for pain which other opioids may not handle quite so well -- and non-opioid analgesics and adjuncts like nefopam and orphenadrine, and very probably ketamine and phencyclidine variants as well.

The NMDA receptors are apparently connected to opioid tolerance, nociceptive pain and neuropathic pain, which is why narcotic analgesics in the ketobemidone, levorphanol, methadone, propoxyphene, methadol, isomethadone, normethadone, piritramide and other such subfamilies work for pain which other opioids may not handle quite so well -- and non-opioid analgesics and adjuncts like nefopam and orphenadrine, and very probably ketamine and phencyclidine variants as well.
Oh wow thats really interesting! Learn something new every day xD

Did you try any yet? Or cooking? OP
Unfortunately not... I have a drug test coming up (we were notified...) So I cant take anything at this moment (just kratom). I was really looking forward to it. If Im still having WDs after, I definitely am! Im still testing positive for opiates and its been 5 days, im surprised that its still in my system... and I really wasnt taking that high of doses..

One dose of ketamine should cure depression. I would go throught wd's with help of GHB and preagabalin and after that if you feel depressed take 0,1g ketamine, and you should feel like new man at least for 2 weeks to life time. Studied shit. Abusing ketamine in other hand causes depression, so don't use ketamine every day, it's new very effective cure for depression when used correctly. Some say it ccan even cure addiction. But again abusing ketamine is possible so be careful.

One dose of ketamine should cure depression. I would go throught wd's with help of GHB and preagabalin and after that if you feel depressed take 0,1g ketamine, and you should feel like new man at least for 2 weeks to life time. Studied shit. Abusing ketamine in other hand causes depression, so don't use ketamine every day, it's new very effective cure for depression when used correctly. Some say it ccan even cure addiction. But again abusing ketamine is possible so be careful.
It absolutely can! Several years back i took 25mg of ketamine twice a week for 5 weeks and my depression went completely away. It was absolutely amazing. I felt wayyyyy better just after using 1 time. I feel like a new man. Its amazing how fast it works.

It absolutely can! Several years back i took 25mg of ketamine twice a week for 5 weeks and my depression went completely away. It was absolutely amazing. I felt wayyyyy better just after using 1 time. I feel like a new man. Its amazing how fast it works.
Good to hear! Are you still depression free? Lately ketamine has really been studied for depression and in here it has been started to give people who don't get benefit from regular anti-depressants (which is no wonder, according to new studies they are very ineffective like placebo). I know psychedelics also can cure depression (and anxiety, addictions and many other mental disorders), but psychedelics take you for a deep trip, so it can be very hard emotionally, ketamine in the other hand almost always gives you very happy and nice "trip". Once I took 4-HO-MET (very close to mushrooms), and for 1 year I was totally sober because all my depression and anxiety were cured just from that one trip, the whole world seemed like new place, like I was born again, I was really happy to be alive. But nowadays I fear to take psychedelics because it might show something about me that I don't want to know (but I should) because I've degenerated to a bad person many times. Ketamine is really a wonder drug if used correctly. I really hope in future they forget the whole SSRI/SNRI scam and use ketamine and psychedelics in hospitals for depression and anxiety. I'm not sure if DXM can also help I tried once for that use and it seems it improved my mood for weeks but other times it didn't seem to help.

Always nice to hear from people who have cured they're depression, it's terrible disease that destroys lives. Last time I used 0,1g ketamine (not sure of purity because bought it from street), I was in middle of pregabalin wd depression and it really helped, I used it two days, I think quatiapine which I took for insomnia blocked some of it effects because it felt somehow "unclear" all the time.

I read that ketamine somehow "resets" some parts of the brains, thats why it can cure depression.

Good to hear! Are you still depression free? Lately ketamine has really been studied for depression and in here it has been started to give people who don't get benefit from regular anti-depressants (which is no wonder, according to new studies they are very ineffective like placebo). I know psychedelics also can cure depression (and anxiety, addictions and many other mental disorders), but psychedelics take you for a deep trip, so it can be very hard emotionally, ketamine in the other hand almost always gives you very happy and nice "trip". Once I took 4-HO-MET (very close to mushrooms), and for 1 year I was totally sober because all my depression and anxiety were cured just from that one trip, the whole world seemed like new place, like I was born again, I was really happy to be alive. But nowadays I fear to take psychedelics because it might show something about me that I don't want to know (but I should) because I've degenerated to a bad person many times. Ketamine is really a wonder drug if used correctly. I really hope in future they forget the whole SSRI/SNRI scam and use ketamine and psychedelics in hospitals for depression and anxiety. I'm not sure if DXM can also help I tried once for that use and it seems it improved my mood for weeks but other times it didn't seem to help.

Always nice to hear from people who have cured they're depression, it's terrible disease that destroys lives. Last time I used 0,1g ketamine (not sure of purity because bought it from street), I was in middle of pregabalin wd depression and it really helped, I used it two days, I think quatiapine which I took for insomnia blocked some of it effects because it felt somehow "unclear" all the time.

I read that ketamine somehow "resets" some parts of the brains, thats why it can cure depression.
Yep! Im still depression free! 3 years later (roughly)! Glad you got some help as well!