View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ketamine cystitis or regular cystitis ?

Blicerow

Greenlighter
Ok guys this is my first thread on blue light. I had been a long time lurker of bluelight (3 years) but since the onset of some bladder problems I thought the time came to post something. In the last five months every two months I took ketamine, for a total score of three times. I exactly took 350mg the first time, 160 two months after and 240 the last one which was on Saturday 24th March. After nine days I started suffering cystitis like symptoms so I got checked. The doctors found that my prostate was swollen and that I had some bacterial caused cystitis albeit very mild and detected only via antibiogram. My gf who is not a drug user also is suffering from a form of cystitis too. Now I want to know if my cystitis is only caused by bacterial infection or related to my ketamine use. All the ones I know abuse of it for weeks and have never suffered from such symptoms.... So what do you guys think, is what am I experiencing ketamine related ? Should I undergo a cystoscope exam ? The ecocography did not detect any bladder walls damage.... Also is my ketamine use somehow massive ? I am talking about an avearage of 250 milligrams every two months, and only for the last five months... P.S. I suffer from O.C.D. so basically if you can give me straight answer because every ?wrong? word increases my anxiety that leaves me paralized (literally).... I am not afraid of cystitis but by the ide that albeit my ( according to what my friends say ) irrelevant use of the substance I damaged myself

Last edited:
Well if the Drs said it was caused by bacteria and your GF has it and hasn't used Ket it is safe to say it is likely NOT caused by your very limited Ket use. You would be better spending your time focused on taking care of the OCD rather than worrying about bladder damage. Did your Dr prescribe any antibiotics?

No because after the end of the bacteria culture it resulted in no infection. The last time I got checked (yesterday) I underwent ultrasound again and found no anomalies in my bladder walls. Apparently is just prostatitis and I am consuming more than 4 liters of liquids daily so this is the ?culprit? in my urgency. I would like to know if anyone with a diagnosed bladder issue used to or uses to piss a lot not in terms of time but mls.... Anyways yeah I should be caring about my mental health more probably

I've often wondered about my bladder as I seem to go WAYY too often.

I've done around the same amount of Ket as you have and it hasn't caused any lasting harm and like your use it is very limited so very unlikely to cause problems. Its probably best to avoid it so it doesn't set you off OCD wise!

Don't worry: that dose in my humble and wide ranging experience (both with Ketamine, and as a health care professional) is fine. What you DO need to be aware of is bladder health: Ketamine is MASSIVELY dehydrating, and you need to hydrate after a session, and generally look after your urinary system. Try cranberry supplements, they go a LONG way. Also, don't forget how bloody horrible even the most minor bladder infection can feel: You will be at a higher risk of them, and I've had a couple over my fairly moderate explorations with Ketamine. They are HORRIBLE, no two ways about it... constantly needing to pee, the weird dull burning. It's enough to make you really get paranoid, but trust me: The literature supports the fact that Ketamine has to be abused a LOT to cause bladder DAMAGE, we're talking daily use here, 500+mg DAILY.