• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Ketamine cross tolerance?

shadowstryker

Bluelighter
Is ketamine tolerance effected by any other drug tolerances? I tried ketamine for the first time recently (split 50/50 .5g with a friend), and after just a couple bumps he said it was enough to get him into the "k hole". I wasn't so lucky, I snorted 5 bumps and only experienced minor disassociation. I heard IVing ketamine usually puts people straight in the k hole, so I was reluctant to do it, but since snorting it wasn't doing much for me I went for it anyway. Long story short I IVed the rest of my ketamine and still didn't get to the k hole. I had body sedation, minor disassociation, and a ringing in my ears but that was it.

Any idea why it just wasn't working as well for me? A total of two other people tried the same stuff and said it was great, and I know I was snorting it right because I've got a lot of experience from snorting a lot of coke/dope, so I don't know what could have caused this. I had a naturally high tolerance to opiates also, could that affect my ketamine tolerance maybe?

Well, ketamine should have a cross tolerance to other NMDA antagonists, like DXM (and it's metabolite), mxe and maybe methadone if I'm not mistaken.

And I know you don't want to hear it, but don't fuck with psychedelics/dissociatives, you are still young and you can do irreversible damage with abusing those.
Stay safe :)

I was under the impression that Ketamine in some way, affected Opioid receptors, but I have nothing to back this up right at the moment. If someone could enlighted me, it'd be appreciated.

I can see how having a tolerance for one CNS depressant might have an effect on how much of another CNS depressant is required. Like, if one drug is highly sedating, you might end up more tolerant in general to the sedative effects of other drugs. I'm pretty sure that I've experienced this in the past when I've abused alcohol heavily. The alcohol dependence/tolerance seemed to have an effect on how much Heroin was required to make me nod. It becomes difficult to really analyze due to the cumulative and synergistic nature of combining things.

The alcohol dependence/tolerance seemed to have an effect on how much Heroin was required to make me nod.

That's not really a case of cross-tolerance - alcohol acts on the GABA receptor (the same type of receptor targeted by benzos, Z-drugs or barbiturates). As your GABA receptors become desensitized, you become hyper-excited unless you calm your nerves with alcohol... so the H was working fine, you just needed more of it for a nod because your state of GABA-deprived hyper-alertness was keeping you awake.

Well, ketamine should have a cross tolerance to other NMDA antagonists, like DXM (and it's metabolite), mxe and maybe methadone if I'm not mistaken.

And I know you don't want to hear it, but don't fuck with psychedelics/dissociatives, you are still young and you can do irreversible damage with abusing those.

Qft. Just be careful with them. Dissociatives can be more addictive than people will lead you to think and they can mess you up BADLY. Google "ketamine bladder" before you start using k too much.

I use too many psychedelics to stay away from them, they provide a unique learning/life experience. I do try to use safely though.

Qft. Just be careful with them. Dissociatives can be more addictive than people will lead you to think and they can mess you up BADLY. Google "ketamine bladder" before you start using k too much.
Yup, I've heard of it. I loved the sedating effects for sure, as it reminded me of the heroin I haven't done in a while, but ketamine just isn't my doc and not something I'll do often. I just want to know why ketamine doesn't seem to want to work for me at normal doses haha.

I had to bring it up because I've dealt with cystitis (not ketamine related or even remotely as severe as some of those cases) and it was far and away the most agonizing experience of my life. Don't want anyone to go through that.

Dissos ARE my doc unfortunately (well, along with psychs, which is much more fortunate), but it's good that you don't plan on using them often. I think they're fine in moderation. Have you used dxm frequently/in large quantities in the past? Tolerance to NMDAr antagonists sucks in that it's probably the most permanent tolerance there is, makes opiate tolerance look like a joke lol. I abused dxm over a year ago and the tolerance is still very much there.

You need to take a break if you can't get powerful effects from 25 mg IV. That should literally reset your world.

Yep. It's important to keep in mind that many Arylcyclohexamines (ketamine, PCP, and their various pharmaceutical or RC analogues) act as dopamine reuptake inhibitors and/or weak µ-opioid agonists, so they're not just the "benign" psychedelics you might think they are.

I had to bring it up because I've dealt with cystitis (not ketamine related or even remotely as severe as some of those cases) and it was far and away the most agonizing experience of my life. Don't want anyone to go through that.

Dissos ARE my doc unfortunately (well, along with psychs, which is much more fortunate), but it's good that you don't plan on using them often. I think they're fine in moderation. Have you used dxm frequently/in large quantities in the past? Tolerance to NMDAr antagonists sucks in that it's probably the most permanent tolerance there is, makes opiate tolerance look like a joke lol. I abused dxm over a year ago and the tolerance is still very much there.
Nope, never used dxm or any other disassociates, this was my first time ever using one.

You need to take a break if you can't get powerful effects from 25 mg IV. That should literally reset your world.
I can't really take a break though, it was my first time ever using a disassociate and it was also the first drug (albeit weed/alcohol) that I've even used in a while.

That's odd,.... Like even break from suboxone and weed for a month? Are you sure you didn't feel it and just not remember? Ketamine is quite an odd one where it can be bliss or pure terror easily. Last time I did it and eyeballed a little bit and it was literally like a blackout whippit (not recommended back in the day when it was more common) without the physical effect. Like couldn't recognize everything and felt like time was repeating every few seconds in the worst way. Other times it's buzzing and just a wierd feeling I never remember why I care for it until I do the right small dose.

When you use it nasally do 5-10 mg bumps every few minutes till you reach 30-60 mg and you will get good effects. If you do that 30-60 mg at once it really doesn't work that well at least in my experience.

That's odd,.... Like even break from suboxone and weed for a month? Are you sure you didn't feel it and just not remember? Ketamine is quite an odd one where it can be bliss or pure terror easily. Last time I did it and eyeballed a little bit and it was literally like a blackout whippit (not recommended back in the day when it was more common) without the physical effect. Like couldn't recognize everything and felt like time was repeating every few seconds in the worst way. Other times it's buzzing and just a wierd feeling I never remember why I care for it until I do the right small dose.

When you use it nasally do 5-10 mg bumps every few minutes till you reach 30-60 mg and you will get good effects. If you do that 30-60 mg at once it really doesn't work that well at least in my experience.
Positive I didn't black out, I was fully conscious the whole time. I did five 25mg bumps and IVed the rest. I definitely felt the body sedation and very minor disassociation, but that was it. Oh, and my ears were ringing if that is indicative of anything at all. The disassociation was extremely minor, as in when I looked at something it seemed less realistic, but at the doses I was using I should have been way past that.

Also I'm not on suboxone anymore, I was only on suboxone for two weeks.

Those bumps where way too big. I remember bumping 4-6 times regularly for the right effect. 25 mg IV to hole. Sounds like you had fake K or something, but without testing the compound who knows as your friend "felt it." Next time get it off the dark need, get s+isomer, bump 5-10 mg at a time, IV 10-25 mg, or the supposed best method IM 30-60 mg only if you micron filter or at least get the sterilfilt tips. Better yet use the erowid dosage guide as it is mg/kg weight ratios. IM has a slower onset although it last a bit longer where IV hits you like a train and is a good 2x-3x stronger than IM getting exponentially stronger so 40 mg is like 4x as strong as 20 mg while 60 is 8x as strong. Nasally of course is a gentle way to descend into the hole. To put it simply:

Nasal is scaling the wall of the hole allowing you to go up before you hit the bottom if you like allowing you to explore as far as you're comfortable.
IM you jump although you have a parachute slowing your decent so while you can get deep you'll get there at a slower rate.
IV is to jump straight in no parachute so if you hit the bottom you'll hit it hard.

Be careful exploring the K hole