• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ketamine and its analogues? Other similar dissociatives?

DiZzyBonne

Bluelighter
Are there any ketamine analogues or other dissociatives that are similar in effect to ketamine?

Mxe is a completely different chemical, so let's leave that one out.

I've heard somewhat promising things about methoxmetamine (aka MXM, aka 3-MeO-2'-OxO-PCM,) but online research is very limited to a thread or two on this website, and each is only about 2 pages long.

2-MeO-Ketamine aka methoxyketamine was originally promising, but it seems that it was rather useless once more tests were conducted on it.

N-Ethyl-Norketamine seemed promising as well, but seemed to be very impotent.

Does anybody else care to chime in? Also, can anybody chime in on what I posted about those chemicals...as in, am I right or wrong?

mxe's effects are similar to ketamine, and it is closely related structurally i woulda thought

There's DXM, but it's longer lasting and has a different character to it as well. Similar in a sense though!

Imo, mxe is completely different. At low doses, it's somewhat similar, but raise the dosage and it's a completely different drug. K is extremely fun in high doses, and k-holing is the ultimate! High doses of mxe...not so much fun.

That's right, DXM is supposedly pretty close at high doses, but that's a long duration lol.

I'm still hoping that MXM will be good and take off!

I don't think there is much hope for direct ketamine analogs. NENK showed us that subs on the nitrogen are pointless. And there's probably not much you can sub chloro with, and still keep it active. Maybe flouro. It Should be possible: fluoro-ketamine or more correctly 2-flouro-deschloro-ketamine. Bromo is probably too big.

Also, I always wondered about ketamine without the ketone. 2-chloro-PCM. The ketone is supposed to mostly be responsible for amking the duration shorter. Any body have any info on any of these 2?

Many of the novel dissociatives that are coming out are more volatile and unpredictable than the classics ketamine, dxm, etc. I would not use any of these chemicals unless you're very experienced in dissociative use and can handle dosing, set/setting, etc. responsibly. Even hardcore dissociative heads are running into issues with the novel dissos. MXE is an outlier in this regard.

Furthermore, given how gentle K is in comparison, I would not approach any of these as being ketamine replacements, nor would I think it wise to desire them for their "ketamine-like" effects. Don't grab a novel disso just because K is hard to come by at this moment in time. Only go for these novel dissos if you're looking to research novel dissociatives. Otherwise, I would stay far away until we know more about them.

In agreement with transtionsynth. Lots of people have been getting themselves in very hard situations around me with the current UK K drought using bizarre RC's that have been labelled as having "ketamine-like" effects. It's the old Meow/MDMA thing that happened in 09/10 again...