View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ketamine and Excruciating Pain

Rastahund

Bluelighter
Hi all. I'll just cut to the chase. Ketamine is my favorite drug, I have a five year history with it. The most I have ever gone through by myself in a day is maybe 2 grams but that's not often. My supply for ketamine has been constant for the past two months so I've been doing a lot. It started off as a gram a day between me and my boyfriend two months ago. Now it's less because I don't like being high 24/7 (but something in my head tells me to continue taking bumps throughout the day even when I'm not having fun). But anyway, I've developed some pretty excruciating pains and I can't place where its coming from exactly. Maybe other people have had similar feelings.
The pain starts on the inner sides of my rib cage, maybe the outer edges of my stomach on both sides. Then my stomach will start hurting really bad (a cramping feeling, I think). Then the pain will be in my back and it will be so terrible, I'm hyperventilating and shaking. I can feel it in my spine, kidneys, stomach, rib cage and chest and no matter what position I try to lie down in, it really hurts. The pain lasts about 15 to 45 minutes then it dissipates and I feel better.
I'm aware of the kidney and bladder problems that ketamine causes. I have chronic cystitis, which was an issue before I started doing ketamine. But this doesn't feel like bladder pain at all. My urinary tract only hurts while doing ketamine when I haven't had enough water to drink. When I drink water, the UT irritation pretty much always goes away. This is something different. Has anyone else experienced this?
The obvious answer is to stop using ketamine, I know. I'm working on that and I use less and less every day.

This kind of stuff is known in chronic ketamine users. I'm afraid it's not well understood and the only "treatment" at this time is avoiding using K entirely. The cramping seems unrelated to bladder damage but it's still really unpleasant.

The only wild guess I can think of is... how's your intake of salts (sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium, etc?) Cramping can be caused by too much or too little of these, especially if you're losing salts via sweating or exertion.

Gallbladder inflammation is my bet.

This is a classic case of "k-pains".

Drink a shitload of water and stop doing ketamine if possible.

yes I would second that its gallbladder related... I had gallstones and the symptoms were identical (e.g. feeling like you literally might die)...

time to take a break.

Having the same problem from MXE, sounds just like what you described. I got some magnesium and b vitamins and cranberry extract, some nutritional shake powder.. And of course I stopped my usage because pain like this means SOMETHING bad. Please stop using K for a while and be more moderate if you decide to use more in the future.

Mine cleared up pretty quick, maybe 24 hours later with no mxe and there's almost no pain, just a noticable tightness. I was living a very healthy life when the pain started, including drinking tons of water and green tea, so I feel like it must be some sort of fat soluble metabolite that's building up and causing irritation. Don't know but it sure hurts like hell.

I feel like the dangers of dissociatives are really downplayed. People talk about them as if they are totally benign, and maybe that's true if you only use once a month or something. But there seems to be a lot of health problems with any kind of regular use. Fucking BUMMER.

Even with all the pain I still want to dip into my bag right now. So much. Luckily I'm getting my wisdom teeth ripped out tomorrow so I don't want to interfere with the sedation, and I won't want to do any MXE while I'm opi'd out after the surgery so hopefully when those few days of pain pass, so will my extreme desire to dose. Or it will be even worse, hah. I've kicked just about everything else but this is the hardest for me it seems.

I would guess there are some receptor issues that are leading to hypersensitive episodes. Along with GI problems

Yeah, I have just recently began feeling this. I have been using k for years. Habitually for almost one year (average about 7 to 10 grams a week snorted). I tried IM and IV, which I loved but without access to pure liquid- I stopped in fear of impurities. Anyway; I've read about the k pains a bunch and felt lucky they never hit me... I had some minor issues with my GI and UT... But then one day, I thought I needed the emergency room cause it felt like my liver exploded. I was obviously high when it occurred, but man it was relentless. Long story short- you and I both need to quit the K cause clearly there is more there than what is kown. As with anything. And it wont be easy, for me anyway. So, in the short term (when I feel like I need the doctor to remove my organs) I boil some water, wear some layers and put the hot ass water in a re-fillable water bottle and put it on the spot under my ribs and around my solar plexus (over my first layer under my second layer) and raise my feet up somehow, bringing my knees slightly towards my gut while keeping keeping my torso flat. It rids most of the pain in 15 minutes to an hour. I also take magnesium citrate, d-mannose and other nutrtional supplements to counter act the negative effects of K. I would elaborate upon how and why each of these nutrients (along with a good intake of water and healthy foods) is important, but then I'd be writing a book. There's my story and little technique. Hope it helps the situation and/or detours people from become a K abuser; as I and many of my peers have. Good luck!

I feel like the dangers of dissociatives are really downplayed. People talk about them as if they are totally benign, and maybe that's true if you only use once a month or something. But there seems to be a lot of health problems with any kind of regular use. Fucking BUMMER.

Definitely not benign, but not unworkable either. I explain my experience of no apparent physical harm from a metric shit ton of MXE and others over 4 years due to regular cycling. I have gone hard many times no doubt, but the vast majority of those times I took a break after about a week, until I felt reset enough for the next round. I can definitely see problems occurring FAST if I had gone hard for more than a couple weeks straight without a break, I saw some early signs, especially so because my system is a sort of canary in a coalmine. I have to be very careful with the degree to which I tax it in any one period. Months straight is not the way to do any dissociative I'm aware of outside of Memantine.

Hope you clear up soon Rastahund!

Without being a dick, I'm not really sure what you expected OP :/ Ket is a pretty dirty drug for long term use. I'd quit immediately and permanently if I were you.