• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ketamine: All the negative side effects of alchohol, minus the good mood?

LH_Oswald

Bluelighter
Guys have I been duped? Cuz this is easily the most boring and dysphoric drug known to man, hands down. It feels exactly like that nasty feeling after you've been drinking for a couple hours where you are numb, can't really feel your body at all, except there is no mood uplift to go along with it. I mean it makes me like stupid drunk, without the warm feeling of well-being or a lowering of my inhibitions. It's a poor mans drunk and the price is 3 times that of a bottle of good scotch. I mean I can't even stand up, and that's after snorting about 180mg of crystal. Got this from a highly reputable vendor. I mean is this for kids who can't buy beer yet? I feel like an idiot.

I agree with what PYTH said for the most part. K is a threshold drug that produces a kind of drunken intoxication up to a certain point, and then suddenly you blast off and the psychedelic, euphoric effects kick in.

You snorted and not swallowed, right?

I snorted indeed. In fact, I have been snorting this bag for the last week. Every day. Well yesterday I hit the hole full on and it is nothing at all like the gentle intoxication of the ketamine buzz up to that point. Yesterday I snorted 220mg and reality was torn completely apart. My body was torn completely apart. I reached a point where I did not understand words or objects or my body whatsoever. Everything was torn from me and I went down screaming and kicking into a hellhole. The astounding traumatizing terror of that black, dark, evil place I will never ever forget. All I know for sure right now is that hell is real.

I just replied on another thread of yours saying same thing, this don't sound like ketamine

@LH_Oswald I read your report on 300mg which sounded fuckin insane, I've never gone that far.

But like you, I fail to see the appeal with ketamine. How kids take this at clubs is beyond me. I find sub hole doses to be pretty boring. As I have no tolerance I can hole on 100 -150mg of decent stuff. But although it's quite interesting i also find the total incapacitation to be annoying. Even on my strongest LSD and mushroom trips I retain the ability to function somewhat normally if necessary. With ketamine that is out of the question and I don't like that lack of control.

The fuckin minty drip also gets right on my tits, as does the annoying buzz that increases in intensity and frequency as it's coming on then just stays there constantly for the duration.

MXE is far more enjoyable in sub hole doses, but an M hole can be nasty and on a par with your 300mg ket dose.

K-holes are fucking awesome though the deja vu i feel with ket and even after using it getting to much and making me question free will too much. So far i only have k holed with drinking alochol on ketamine before hand i like the combo alot and then weed after the lines snorted and more lines sending you deeper into that strange place.

How long does a bad ketamine trip last? I’m kind of interested but occasionally have bad trips. Wouldn’t want to be locked into a hole for hours of fear/anxiety.

I get what you mean by it sort of feels like alcohol, but i disagree, it has way more pleasant side effects to offer than your typical alcohol experience.

At lowish doses of K, i get a euphoria similar to MDMA where music gives me a really good mood and sounds amazing.

Higher doses turns psychedelic, but not in the same way as something such as shrooms or L.

Test your stuff, by the sound of your experience it doesn't sound like it was ket at all.

read your report on 300mg which sounded fuckin insane

That's not insane that's an average sized line for people who do K often, I don't know why people keep making others feel bad by thinking 300mg in a line is huge it's not when you've got a tolerance, so "insane" is a bit of an exaggeration lol
The fuckin minty drip also gets right on my tits

Yummy, fucksake you've triggered me and I've been off K a month
How long does a bad ketamine trip last?

Depending on tolerance about 45 minutes but it feels like hours it's fucking horrible, then next time you could have so much fun

doesn't sound like it was ket at all

Exactly, you're lucky you didn't end up running down the street naked thinking your at home lol, got any left send it to be tested in a lab

Depending on tolerance about 45 minutes but it feels like hours it's fucking horrible, then next time you could have so much fun

I could probably survive that. I’ve had terrifyingly paranoid LSD trips lasting 6 or more hours and emerged largely unscathed. However I’d hate to be so fucked up I was incapable of reaching for some benzos or seroquel when things went bad!

Guys have I been duped? Cuz this is easily the most boring and dysphoric drug known to man, hands down. It feels exactly like that nasty feeling after you've been drinking for a couple hours where you are numb, can't really feel your body at all, except there is no mood uplift to go along with it. I mean it makes me like stupid drunk, without the warm feeling of well-being or a lowering of my inhibitions. It's a poor mans drunk and the price is 3 times that of a bottle of good scotch. I mean I can't even stand up, and that's after snorting about 180mg of crystal. Got this from a highly reputable vendor. I mean is this for kids who can't buy beer yet? I feel like an idiot.

I'm not a huge fan of dissociatives... especially by themselves. The only disso's I've ever liked were K and MXE. I find K best when mixed with other drugs. It's just a little.... wonky and weird on its own. With that being said I still can enjoy it a lot in the right setting and mood by itself.

I usually mix it with at least weed, a psychedelic or some other drug - but also led to an OD when mixed with fent and xanax...

disso's aren't for everyone. Some LOVE them some hate them... its just one of those weird drugs... it is a fucking anesthetic after all

the psychedelia from dissos is very strange and disorientating, unlike any other typical psychedelic, any euphoria is highly subjective!

also most of the "ketamine" going around in the US is not real ketamine.... keep that in mind... the good shit is mostly in EU

Most of the crap in the US is research chemicals, all of which (except MXE which you can't find anymore) is very dysphoric, manic, and gave me psychotic like episodes in high doses....

The only real K I've had in awhile was well over $115 for 2g, or well over $75 for 1g *kept it vague mods*, if you paid less then that you got fake shit (in the US)

Real K has a very minty drip and tastes good, RC's taste shitty like fucking gasoline or some shit

the way you describe it sounds exactly like a shitty RC. sorry bro... even "highly repped vendors" on the DNM sell fake shit because 90% of DNM buyers are idiots and give 5 stars anyways

Out of ~15 DNM vendors that sell "ketamine" in US only 2 of them have real K

Last edited:
The bag is all gone now lol. So I won't be testing that one. I guess tge world will never know. It could hsvre been angel dust for all we really know. I remember catching myself drooling during the tail end of the hole, mouth wide open, lol. Man that was too much for me. But luckily it only lasted 30 minutes. In retrospect it reminded me the most of a Salvia blast or even a dmt blast.

disso's aren't for everyone. Some LOVE them some hate them... its just one of those weird drugs... it is a fucking anesthetic after all

the psychedelia from dissos is very strange and disorientating, unlike any other typical psychedelic, any euphoria is highly subjective!

Most of the crap in the US is research chemicals, all of which (except MXE which you can't find anymore) is very dysphoric, manic, and gave me psychotic like episodes in high doses....

First off yeah, ketamine is an aquired taste that left me after 5 or so experiences. I did about 15 total before I dumped my bottle of Ketaset. (why is it disso's that make people flush drugs, I hate that, I never do, but I did flush ketamine years ago in 1990) My first few were profound. I rode the wave past death and saw it clearly. Then it just became a hospital drug after a few tries(some member here said that and I can't remember who). To me was not going to enhance music and also not a candidate to jam on. The after effects were fuzziness and nausea. Not the prestine clarity of say LSD or mescaline. Now I say this as just my experience and opinion. I am not a disso guy, maybe I come from that old notion that Sasha had, ketamine was not as fruitful as I wanted it to be and it incapacitated me. So it is very much ok to not like ketamine. lol I did see first hand what a dissociative addiction will do an can confirm a friend, wherever he is, lost a lot, work, wife and bladder and still goes on.

What I don't understand is I had a bottle of Ketaset from a vet I worked at that summer. Back then the notion that 50-80 mgs IM was a light dose and 150 mgs was a full experience. Yet I see people here say they did 500 mgs. When I did 150 it was so intense I forgot it. And lesser doses were interesting, but to me along the same lines as alcohol. I saw the hole but you could have cut my arms off and I would have been ok. No bueno for me.

There was no black market back in the late 80's that I knew. You could either get a vial from some medical source or not. I see nowadays it turned into package up any powder and sell it as ketamine. 500 mgs I would have been dead with the vial I had. But again it was administered IM. I don't even think people knew to dry it and snort it. It was not big. PCP was though. lol

I think this class of drugs is very important. Keeping the relationship with it real and like other psychedelics is healthy. I mean, no one takes mescaline everyday.

Last edited:
I don't buy the "bad K" argument at all because I'm not aware of any substance which could serve as a convincing substitute for ketamine that would have somehow very similar but "worse" effects, and I think if such a substance existed, people, especially "disso-heads", so to speak, would know about it, and would be doing it deliberately.

I don't believe in "bad K" anymore than "bad acid" (nBOMes, overdosed DOxs, and lysergamide analogues notwithstanding... ok, lol, maybe bad acid is a bad comparison).

But anyway yeah... always funny to read the experiences of novice K users. It really is a love it or hate it kind of drug, or an acquired taste sometimes, or just a very, very strange one, as all dissociatives are.

Personally I've never found a K hole terrifying even in situations which were hugely inappropriate to K hole in and legitimately should perhaps have been terrifying. I have had "challenging" experiences though, for sure, for me the challenging experiences have been more a symptom of overuse I think, the earlier ones, to my memory, were all pretty beautiful... although even as I write that I realise that could even be a disso-induced delusion. Dissociatives are capable of inducing very subtle delusions, in my experience, as well as obviously more serious ones that would be easy for anyone else to pick up except the person experiencing them.

But ketamine "bad trips" aren't like psychedelic bad trips, for one hopefully you'll be fairly incapacitated, although moving around is not impossible if you're lucky it won't be your first instinct to try... and with dissociation comes a certain detachment from the turbulence of difficult emotion which is usually the main difficult factor to deal with during a bad trip on a classical psychedelic.

I feel like, without meaning to tell other people what they're feeling, obviously I can't know, "terror" when used to describe a K-hole is an emotional description which can surely only really be applied retrospectively, and probably is often a miscategorisation of a deep, deep confusion, perhaps. I mean, I have experienced fear on dissociatives... but it's nothing like the fear that a classical psychedelic can induce. By which I mean - for most people, I would expect it's far easier to bear. But, that's just how my own brain is wired, I would of course accept that other brains could be wired quite differently.

I don't know what was that but I never got terrified in a K-Hole. Maximum I got disoriented and confused as fuck, trapped in a huge psyhedelic loop full of paradoxes, mind fucks, time travels and other stuff... and not gonna lie, it was fun AF. Weirdest shit ever :)
On the other hand, I had very lucid hallucinations with Acid and other psychedelics and that, that was really the hell. At the point I couldn't handle it anymore and I had to take antipsychotics to kill the visions. I was afraid to trigger a psychosis.

But Ketamine, idk, if K is good you don't bad trip, you just get weirded as fuck and sent directly into the non-existant dimension. You barely can understand what is going on, so you can't really feel the fear emotion, you are literally busy trying to figure out the time and space...
My experience of course, everyone is different...And who knows if that was Ketamine or some weird RC.
Not calling you a liar, but "hell" is something way more brutal than a k-hole... again, at least according to my experience.
"Vet" ket, which I only ever had the fortune of trying one time in 2002 before it disappeared from the rave scene and was replaced by pharmaceutical ketamine, labelled "kiddie ket", and noticeably milder, however pure.

So Vet key definitely has the propensity to induce more uncomfortable and tormentous k holes I believe.

But yeah, OT, I agree with the above posters regarding dosage.

250mg is a good place and effect.

Yeah, my personal use of the word 'terror' might have been overstated. There's a feeling I get that's not quite fear and not quite confusion - maybe a flavor of anxiety is more apt? It's the feeling of not knowing what's happening in the physical world around me, if maybe there's an emergency happening or who knows what, along with the nagging thought that I might have legitimately broken through and exposed the complex underpinnings of corporeal reality to myself, from which return seems uncertain.

I’ve been considering giving ketamine a go and have to admit the use of the word ‘terror’ in this thread pretty much convinced me to forget it.

"Vet" ket, which I only ever had the fortune of trying one time in 2002 before it disappeared from the rave scene and was replaced by pharmaceutical ketamine, labelled "kiddie ket", and noticeably milder, however pure.

So Vet key definitely has the propensity to induce more uncomfortable and tormentous k holes I believe.
Nah. Again - BS drug myth, IMO.

All drugs were better in the old days, depending on who you listen to, but the basic chemical structure of drug and receptor remains unchanged.

maybe there's an emergency happening or who knows what, along with the nagging thought that I might have legitimately broken through and exposed the complex underpinnings of corporeal reality to myself, from which return seems uncertain.
Hah, yeah, so many times I have been there... 😄 I'm sure it was pretty unsettling on many occasions, although I think after a while I'd start to get a sense of well, here I am again, like a comforting familiarity... I also get the "maybe there's an emergency happening", I have been k-holing in a place where the fire alarm was literally going off before, although it happened to be a student accommodation where this (apparently) happened fairly often and was not something that everyone paid attention to... obviously an absolute health and safety disaster waiting to happen, not to mention an potential tragedy... but fortunately there wasn't an actual fire on any occasion this happened, and it just occurred to me maybe this kinda desensitized my "what if there's an emergency??" alert level which is usually very low, if anything it's after the fact, coming down that I start to get anxious about these things, but again, I think this anxiety is more a symptom of overuse for me.

Even as I write that now though, I wonder how many of the positive emotions from deep within the K hole are true "memories" or just a retrospective appreciation of relative emotional silence... I guess obviously the threshold or lower dose range does have real emotional content though, so this surely plays some part.

For the record I was moreso referring to the OP's description that "hell is real!" and the associated terror, 😄 which I can't help finding a little amusing, in the kindest possible way because I also really do get it... even though I think the "terror" description is maybe misapplied. I'm sure you weren't specifically thinking I was responding just to you either but I could probably have understood your usage of the word terror from context of other posts I've seen you make about ketamine.

So I guess what I'm kind of getting at is that although I can understand why someone would find a K hole terrifying, I think in actual fact emotional descriptors have a different meaning when applied to dissociatives, just by the very nature of what it is to be dissociated from one's emotion... but this difference in meaning is kind of nuanced and hard to convey or gain an understanding of except through experience...

Even so, all that said I think that objectively, fear or terror is probably an atypical reaction to an intensely dissociated state, especially if one has a prior expectation of being altered, compared to medical anaesthesia where one might not have any idea what to expect. I could be wrong about that as always though, just my sense of things, don't have any statistics to back it up or anything. Would be interesting if they existed.

Ketamine just has various mixes of r and s isomers in them unless you get pure s-isomer which is proper psychedleic hole material but less easier to handle

Ketamine is somewhere in my drug hall of fame.
It is clean, uplifting, great afterglow and the k-hole is mind-blowing.

If I drink at all my night is ruined, I might try stealing fighting run from cops and wake up with a 24 have hangover. And that is if I have a 40oz (not a lot.) My body can't process it anymore or something because my early addict days were weed, alcohol, and either a stimulant or dissociative to get on my level and I loved liquor and beer.