• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need Help Ketamine addiction!!

carlitosnoc

Greenlighter
Hello, I am new to this forum and I want to tell my problem here, since I do not know how to face it and I also want to contribute my experience.
I tried ketamine about a year and a half ago and loved it. Since then my friends and I used to catch ketamine once a week when we went out to party, but it wasn't a crazy thing. I started to like it more and more because I discovered psychonautical trips with her (at first I only consumed small doses so I hardly even had perceptual distortions and I did not know that facet of the drug).
Well, three months ago I placed an order on the Deep Web and got a high amount for little money for myself and since then I have become fond of taking ketamine by myself in my room. I started doing it once a week, then two, then three, and finally every day. Now I have not taken ketamine for two days because I am totally obsessed with it, I am waiting all day for night to come to get in my room to travel.
Since I've been using ketamine so often, I think I have a tolerance. The last day I put 300 mg of S isomer ketamine and it did almost nothing, I only saw slight hallucinations but did not feel anything else. The problem is that now I feel that my life without ketamine is meaningless, I only see the beautiful life with ketamine. When I'm not high, I'm sad.
This didn't happen to me for months, when I only used ketamine once a week at most. Why? Before, ketamine even made me happy for the next few days. However now the next day I am sad because I am not high and I want to consume more ketamine ...
Life seems beautiful to me when I have taken ketamine, when I am sober life seems like crap. In fact I am writing this now and was about to sniff a bit. I'm trying really hard not to fall.
I am very worried because I did not know that I could go to these extremes with this drug in two or three months. The problem is that I still have a lot of ketamine at home, I am even thinking of throwing it away or selling it, at least until my situation normalizes and I can consume it normally once a month or so.
Your comments are welcome.

Ketamine was my son's drug of choice before he became addicted to heroin. Although 3 1/2 years clean from heroin he has lapsed with ketamine.

It is called a party drug but I honestly don't know why. It makes them utterly disassociated and when they are in the k-hole they can't speak or move. My son used to grunt. It was almost as upsetting as seeing him nod out into his food when he did heroin. He began by snorting k and then ended up injecting it. I am not going to sugar coat this for you. It is very psychologically addictive and can cause all kinds of damage physically. Some users now have bags because their kidneys are shot. It should never be mixed with ANYTHING, alcohol included, as they can choke on their own vomit or slow down their breathing so much that they die. Nowadays many drugs are mixed with fentynal which can kill you in one fell swoop.

I understand that k is used to treat depression and indeed help with heroin and methadone withdrawal but this has to be done by qualified professionals. My son used it when he was coming off methadone and he said it helped but I doubt it. He is on warning now if he uses it again he has to leave. He almost killed me one night as I was trying to save him falling down the stairs and he almost took the two of us down. He stole from me to buy it.

I don't know how much experience you have with your son's addiction but NOTHING you say or do will make a difference. He will have to make the decision himself. He cannot make the decision to please you. He may really want to stop or indeed just telling you what he thinks you want to hear. I have a friend whose son abused it for two years - she had to ask him to leave. Happily he has sorted himself out now and is doing okay.

So while it is not physically addictive like opiods it is still a serious addiction more so because it is considered a 'harmless' party drug which seems especially loved by middle class university students. They really can't see what the harm is in it.
Suffice to say that there is plenty of harm in it.

There are always people who can do it on occasion without being addicts but if your son already has an issue with diazepam then he has addiction issues which need to be dealt with. These, are as said previously down to him. You did not create them and you cannot control them.

I am sorry that your boy has gone down this path but it is not irreversible. What you as a parent cannot do is meddle, interfere or enable. That means no money whatsoever for him for any via reason no matter how much they beg, cajole or steal. With addicts you need to look after yourself because they have a way of sucking the life (and money) out of you.

I very much hope he finds his way clear but in the meantime please look after yourself. There is so much helpful material on the FA website and if you can get to a meeting, do. I am afraid that all the knowledge in the world about the drug will not make one iota of a difference - it will not make your agony easier or make him stop sooner. The only action you can take is by setting up boundaries and deciding not to enable.

Please take care.

Last edited:
La ketamina era la droga preferida de mi hijo antes de que se volviera adicto a la heroína. Aunque hace 3 años y medio limpio de heroína, ha dejado de consumir ketamina.

It is called a party drug but I honestly don't know why. It makes them utterly disassociated and when they are in the k-hole they can't speak or move. My son used to grunt. It was almost as upsetting as seeing him nod out into his food when he did heroin. He began by snorting k and then ended up injecting it. I am not going to sugar coat this for you. It is very psychologically addictive and can cause all kinds of damage physically. Some users now have bags because their kidneys are shot. It should never be mixed with ANYTHING, alcohol included, as they can choke on their own vomit or slow down their breathing so much that they die. Nowadays many drugs are mixed with fentynal which can kill you in one fell swoop.

Entiendo que k se usa para tratar la depresión y de hecho ayuda con la abstinencia de heroína y metadona, pero esto debe ser realizado por profesionales calificados. Mi hijo lo usó cuando salía de la metadona y dijo que ayudó, pero lo dudo. Ahora está advirtiendo que si lo usa de nuevo tiene que irse. Casi me mata una noche mientras intentaba evitar que se cayera por las escaleras y casi nos derriba a los dos. Me robó para comprarlo.

No sé cuánta experiencia tiene con la adicción de su hijo, pero NADA de lo que diga o haga marcará la diferencia. Tendrá que tomar la decisión él mismo. No puede tomar la decisión de complacerte. Es posible que realmente quiera detenerse o simplemente decirle lo que cree que usted quiere escuchar. Tengo una amiga cuyo hijo abusó de ella durante dos años; tuvo que pedirle que se fuera. Felizmente ahora se ha arreglado y está bien.

Entonces, si bien no es físicamente adictivo como los opiáceos, sigue siendo una adicción grave más porque se considera una droga de fiesta "inofensiva" que parece especialmente amada por los estudiantes universitarios de clase media. Realmente no pueden ver qué daño tiene.
Baste decir que hay mucho daño en ello.

Siempre hay personas que pueden hacerlo de vez en cuando sin ser adictos, pero si su hijo ya tiene un problema con el diazepam, entonces tiene problemas de adicción que deben ser tratados. Estos, como se ha dicho anteriormente, le corresponden a él. Tú no los creaste y no puedes controlarlos.

Lamento que tu chico haya seguido este camino pero no es irreversible. Lo que usted como padre no puede hacer es entrometerse, interferir o habilitar. Eso significa que no hay dinero para él por ningún motivo, sin importar cuánto mendiguen, engatusen o roben. Con los adictos necesitas cuidarte a ti mismo porque tienen una forma de chuparte la vida (y el dinero).

Espero que encuentre el camino despejado, pero mientras tanto, cuídese. Hay mucho material útil en el sitio web de FA y si puede asistir a una reunión, hágalo. Me temo que todo el conocimiento del mundo sobre la droga no hará ni un ápice de diferencia, no hará que su agonía sea más fácil ni hará que él se detenga antes. La única acción que puede tomar es establecer límites y decidir no habilitarlos.

Por favor cuídate.
Muchas gracias por su respuesta. El caso del que hablo es mi propia situación, es lo que estoy viviendo ahora mismo.
Me conmueve la historia de su hijo, pero estoy muy feliz de que haya podido salir de la adicción. Conozco los problemas físicos que puede provocar la ketamina y por eso quiero dejar de tomarla con tanta frecuencia. Antes, cuando lo tomaba solo los fines de semana, no tenía este problema. De momento estaré al menos un mes sin consumir porque no quiero que las cosas vayan más allá.

Es una droga (maravillosamente) horrible. Esta es mi experiencia (todavía en curso, pero quiero salir y todavía lo estoy intentando). Comencé a tomarlo hace unos 8 años para tratar mi depresión y ansiedad después de leer algunos diarios académicos sobre cómo puede ayudar con esto, pero en realidad no debería ser autoadministrado por aficionados que creen que saben más (como yo ...).

Al principio me dio una idea, tanto que pensé que me estaba dando una ventaja en este mundo loco. Muchas veces entendí completamente el cosmos, pero en realidad todo es falso. He tenido lo que pensé que eran experiencias profundas y asombrosas, pero no te da la respuesta. Te hace pensar que ahora lo entiendes todo, pero realmente en ese momento simplemente estás existiendo en esta bruma casi inconsciente donde el tiempo se detiene, pero la fría y dura realidad sigue ahí una vez que se desvanece.

He tenido experiencias que han sido absolutamente aterradoras. Estoy seguro de que esto es común. Es una experiencia falsa. Lo amo y lo detesto. No importa lo que pueda estar afectando a mi salud física. Muy a menudo, tomaba 2 g al día (insuflado) y me quedaba en una bruma durante días (irónicamente, mientras mantenía un trabajo de alta presión y pensaba que tengo todo esto bajo control y tengo esta ventaja).

Buena suerte con la mudanza. En algunos atracones probablemente he eliminado más K de lo que he tomado debido a algún agujero K aterrador. Lamentablemente, los recuerdos se desvanecen y finalmente vuelves a incursionar. Lo importante es que lo reconozcas por lo que es (no es la respuesta). Espero que puedas dejarlo. Buena suerte.
Había oído que la ketamina funciona para tratar la depresión, pero obviamente no lo haría sin la supervisión de un médico. Creo que sería peligroso hacerlo por tu cuenta.
Esa es la clave, a mí me pasa lo mismo. Tomo ketamina y, a veces, siento que entiendo más el universo y el cosmos y todo es mentira. Creo que es una de las claves de su potencial adicción psicológica. Buen ánimo amigo, puedes salir de esto. Podemos.

Hello, I am new to this forum and I want to tell my problem here, since I do not know how to face it and I also want to contribute my experience.
I tried ketamine about a year and a half ago and loved it. Since then my friends and I used to catch ketamine once a week when we went out to party, but it wasn't a crazy thing. I started to like it more and more because I discovered psychonautical trips with her (at first I only consumed small doses so I hardly even had perceptual distortions and I did not know that facet of the drug).
Well, three months ago I placed an order on the Deep Web and got a high amount for little money for myself and since then I have become fond of taking ketamine by myself in my room. I started doing it once a week, then two, then three, and finally every day. Now I have not taken ketamine for two days because I am totally obsessed with it, I am waiting all day for night to come to get in my room to travel.
Since I've been using ketamine so often, I think I have a tolerance. The last day I put 300 mg of S isomer ketamine and it did almost nothing, I only saw slight hallucinations but did not feel anything else. The problem is that now I feel that my life without ketamine is meaningless, I only see the beautiful life with ketamine. When I'm not high, I'm sad.
This didn't happen to me for months, when I only used ketamine once a week at most. Why? Before, ketamine even made me happy for the next few days. However now the next day I am sad because I am not high and I want to consume more ketamine ...
Life seems beautiful to me when I have taken ketamine, when I am sober life seems like crap. In fact I am writing this now and was about to sniff a bit. I'm trying really hard not to fall.
I am very worried because I did not know that I could go to these extremes with this drug in two or three months. The problem is that I still have a lot of ketamine at home, I am even thinking of throwing it away or selling it, at least until my situation normalizes and I can consume it normally once a month or so.
Your comments are welcome.
Your situation/opinio sounds EXACTLY the same as when I started doing it.
Check the thread in my signature to see where you will be in a few years if you dont sort it out!
Wishing you good luck

Yeah you're experiencing tolerance it happens fast with K especially doing it as often as you do, soon you'll sniff grams and feel hardly anything, then you'll sniff more, I love K, it's fucking addictive though if I had a big amount I'd do it every day too till it was all gone, I started to IM it couple months ago due to my tolerance but the other day I threw all my needles etc away because I don't want to risk getting an abscess

I can totally understand where you're coming from, I love being on K, life does seem better on it, but that soon stops when it's doing nothing, or you have bad experiences on it, and then you get side effects, for @jhjhsdi it was his bladder, and his nose, for me it was stomach and oesophagus pain, probably ulcers I got put on strong ant acids and sickness pills, the K stripped the lining and caused inflammation, it was fucking agony I never want that again, I had to stop K for like 6 months

I only do it once or twice a month now as can't afford any more than that, which is probably best as then my tolerance goes down between uses

I just saw the thread from @jhjhsdi . I'm really freaking out! I didn't know something like this could happen to you from putting ketamine on. I believe that seeing things like this will help me reduce consumption. But and once that happens to you, can it be reversed? That is, if the photos of that thread happen to you, will it end up healing you? Or are you left with those damages for life?
This is my third day without taking ketamine and I don't know if it's my thing but I notice a slight psychological improvement.

Otra cosa que no he contado es que estos días incluso dejé de ver a algunos amigos y a algunos miembros de mi familia solo por conseguir ketamina. Creo que he recorrido un largo camino, pero aún puedo volver. Aún estoy a tiempo.

You might find this thread from a member who seriously abused ketamine and came to regret it helpful. It’s a bit frightening and graphic but maybe seeing the reality of ketamine will help you stop romanticising it.

@jhjhsdi maybe you can share more directly?

I just saw the thread from @jhjhsdi . I'm really freaking out! I didn't know something like this could happen to you from putting ketamine on. I believe that seeing things like this will help me reduce consumption.
Im fucking glad this happened to you, not the k addiction, the seeing of the post and the freaking out! Exactly what i wanted from making that thread.
You speak about it just like i do mate.
So i can telll you're on the same path I was on.
Doing it alone was my favorite, still is really.
But that's when the dosages get high.
Its real shit if you abuse it.
And you will. Aslong as u have that big amount in your possession u will do it until you run out, how much u got lol

Made me want to die, i actually wanted to kill myself but couldn't do it because of my family, who sent me to inpatient rehab as soon as they found out

But and once that happens to you, can it be reversed? That is, if the photos of that thread happen to you, will it end up healing you? Or are you left with those damages for life?
They repair with abstinence but never to be the same. The scars from the ulcers and fibrosis on my bladder lining preventing it inflating like a normal bladder would, so you can hold your urine, aren't going to just disappear.
They're SCARS.
The thing is bud ket abuse is a new thing there's not that many reports from long term users back in 16 i was googling the shit out of it as doctors knew fuck all

If i do actually live to be old i HIGHLY doubt a working human bladder is in the picture for me

Im fucking glad this happened to you, not the k addiction, the seeing of the post and the freaking out! Exactly what i wanted from making that thread.
You speak about it just like i do mate.
So i can telll you're on the same path I was on.
Doing it alone was my favorite, still is really.
But that's when the dosages get high.
Its real shit if you abuse it.
And you will. Aslong as u have that big amount in your possession u will do it until you run out, how much u got lol

Made me want to die, i actually wanted to kill myself but couldn't do it because of my family, who sent me to inpatient rehab as soon as they found out

They repair with abstinence but never to be the same. The scars from the ulcers and fibrosis on my bladder lining preventing it inflating like a normal bladder would, so you can hold your urine, aren't going to just disappear.
They're SCARS.
The thing is bud ket abuse is a new thing there's not that many reports from long term users back in 16 i was googling the shit out of it as doctors knew fuck all

If i do actually live to be old i HIGHLY doubt a working human bladder is in the picture for me
Well mate, at least I'm glad your situation has improved!
Even if I use again, I will be very careful after everything I have seen in your thread and I thank you for uploading those photos. Thanks to that surely many of us become more aware.
Well, I still have 4 g of S-isomer ketamine and 8 g of racemic ketamine. Then I also have 1 g of 2-FDCK. It is clear that this is not normal. All that amount is for me, I did not take it with any friend, that's why I say that this is already an obsession with dissociatives...
I do not know what I will do with all this because having this in my hands is a danger.

Well mate, at least I'm glad your situation has improved!
Even if I use again, I will be very careful after everything I have seen in your thread and I thank you for uploading those photos. Thanks to that surely many of us become more aware.
Well, I still have 4 g of S-isomer ketamine and 8 g of racemic ketamine. Then I also have 1 g of 2-FDCK. It is clear that this is not normal. All that amount is for me, I did not take it with any friend, that's why I say that this is already an obsession with dissociatives...
I do not know what I will do with all this because having this in my hands is a danger.
Thats not too bad. I was thinking you have something like 50g+
Yes it is still alot of days on it as you arent even doing 1g a day yet - but you soon would be.
Do you know anybody else who takes it to sell it to? What about even sell it back to the dealer for less than what you bought it for?
Even if you threw it away, its not like you are losing hundreds or thousands 🤷‍♂️

I cant trust myself with big amounts thats why i dont sell it, back when I did I was picking up sometimes 250g at a time, and thens when I started doing so much, every time I had the little thought oh do a line do a bump etc I could put my hand straight on it. Now i get the thought but I dont always have it around me! That is the key factor

Thats not too bad. I was thinking you have something like 50g+
Yes it is still alot of days on it as you arent even doing 1g a day yet - but you soon would be.
Do you know anybody else who takes it to sell it to? What about even sell it back to the dealer for less than what you bought it for?
Even if you threw it away, its not like you are losing hundreds or thousands 🤷‍♂️

I cant trust myself with big amounts thats why i dont sell it, back when I did I was picking up sometimes 250g at a time, and thens when I started doing so much, every time I had the little thought oh do a line do a bump etc I could put my hand straight on it. Now i get the thought but I dont always have it around me! That is the key factor
If I had 50 g in my hands I think I would go crazy hahaha
The problem is that now I am living in another city and I don't know so many people here. Where I was before I did know several people interested in ketamine. In fact, several of my friends there want me to send them some ketamine but I'm scared to do it so I said no.
I'll keep the drug for now. If in the future it gives me serious problems again, I will sell it or even throw it away. But I am clear that I am not going to lose my life for a few psychonautical trips. I can keep doing it once every two weeks at most, no more. If I do it again that often, it's over.
250 g? Oh my god hahahaha
Although the amount of drug that I have is not so much, for me it is a lot because before I did not consume more than half a gram between two people and it lasted hours. It is also true that we mixed it with more drugs and a lot of alcohol. It never made us feel bad, in fact by drinking alcohol we consumed less because we were high on ketamine than normal. However, now I only put half a gram in two hours and I am so calm.

If I had 50 g in my hands I think I would go crazy hahaha
The problem is that now I am living in another city and I don't know so many people here. Where I was before I did know several people interested in ketamine. In fact, several of my friends there want me to send them some ketamine but I'm scared to do it so I said no.
I'll keep the drug for now. If in the future it gives me serious problems again, I will sell it or even throw it away. But I am clear that I am not going to lose my life for a few psychonautical trips. I can keep doing it once every two weeks at most, no more. If I do it again that often, it's over.
250 g? Oh my god hahahaha
Once every 2 weeks, combined with healthy living/good quality of life, you can probably just about get away with.
It may well still do long term damage though.
I wish you best of luck 👍