• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ketamin injection solution 10 ml - how to consume savely?

moneyboy

Bluelighter
hey pals,

I got some Ketamin injection solution recently, 10% ketamin solution, it's 10 ml liquid in a tiny glass bottle. first of all I have never taken the "K" (so I'm super curious to try it), second I'm unsure how I should consume this stuff. :/ should I inject it? I have absolutely no experience with injecting any drugs, one friend told me this would be save (since he is doing so), another said I should avoid it because it is risky and highly addictive (I believe him, too).

what else could I do? I've allready read about the possibility to dry the solution on a glassy surface in the oven by about 50° Celsius to get the crystal form and then snort some amount. can someone verify this information?

I'd be lucky to receive some words of advice, perhaps from some K-experienced user. How should I consume it? What to do/not to do while tripping? What to avoid? Are there any problems with my medication (taking antidepressants, benzos and stimulants on a regular basis). :)

yours,

MBeezy the K-researcher aka MoneyBoy

Hi and welcome to PD :)

We cannot and will not decide for you if and how you should take drugs, it is your own responsibility and decision to make. But we can try to help you by sharing information so that you can make a decision that is as informed as can be managed.

I have experience with snorted and injected ketamine (among lots of other things) and also addiction to K. Both snorting and I.M. injection (intramuscular, so in the muscle like a flu shot - NOT I.V. which is intravenous / in the vein) can become compulsive ways to take drugs that are addicting on their own.
Taking K intravenously is a bad plan because it is easy to black out that way, hard to get the needle out cause it acts SO fast that way and many people feel completely zoned out while needle is still in their vein, its way too potent to IV for a beginner anyway, so much so that it seems pointless or hazardous.. but actually in my experience injecting intramuscularly is not all that different from snorting, though you need a lower dose via intramuscular shots and it feels rather clean / smooth.
All injections must be done via a safe procedure to ensure sterile conditions, there are instructions here and there on the site... it can be a hassle that way getting all the right materials and learning to inject out of the blue. It may very well be uncomfortable at first, and you have only a gram to play with initially. So it is a bit of a pain in the ass (no pun intended) to figure that out just to try it. But I think it is far superior to do IM compared to other ways.
Still, just to try it some time, snorting it might be a lot more practical and easier to do making it less scary or less of a threshold to overcome.

I don't really think you have other realistic options qua routes of administration..

Prepare to just lie down and not move too much when you try it, it's not a drug to be active on but rather to become very introverted and go on a journey in your own mind. On very low doses (bumps) however it can be a bit uplifting and stimulating, conversely. But you will soon go beyond that point and feel a need to lie still, time and space will seem pretty warped and thoughts and ideas about things, yourself and the world can seem jumbled and bizarre, but also quite profound and creative.
Communicating with others is often terribly difficult that way, and it is better to agree to wait with most of the things you want to convey until after the K wears off.
Ketamine usually doesn't have nasty and overly powerful emotional effects, at least compared to psychedelics... IMO it will mostly seem weird like a dream.

What kind of anti-depressant do you take? SSRIs should be fine for example but perhaps not some other types of AD's tho. Benzo's will only dull the trip a lot and make you very drowsy. Avoid, you probably don't need them anyway because ketamine should be relatively relaxed and not very sharp and stressful to be in your body. Much more floaty. You could take a benzo afterwards if you feel it may help with residual confusion (re-entry can sometimes be a bit of a bother with K, don't underestimate this hangover phase because you will not be back to normal immediately after - although it shouldn't feel too negative, just weird)
Stimulants I would also avoid, some people do combine that way but I don't like it unless it's an empathogen like MDMA or something. I think it doesn't mix ideally since you don't want to be active and about while feeling like you are in another world anyway.

FFS don't mix ketamine when you are just a beginner, or when you do combine it the right way say with cannabis or if you have become a lot more experienced, with a mild psychedelic like 2C-B.

good luck and have fun ;)

Moderate your use: let some time pass between ordering new vials, otherwise tolerance will creep up on you like a madafaka and so will addiction.

Last edited:
thank you for your quick reply! :) yes, I'm taking an SSRI, namely Venlafaxin/Effexor, a relatively high dose (about 150 - 225 mg/day), the benzodiazepine is only a pretty low dose of diclazepam (rc-benzo) which I don't consume every day (every 2 - 5 days about 1 mg, depends on how I feel). stimulants I am also able to avoid, I only drink lots of coffee every day.

So after all the information I gathered so far, it seems pretty sure the best way to get something out of the K would be to inject it into the muscle. I need to inform myself about this method a bit more, I only know really basic stuff.

One more question - how much ml should I inject when applying it into the muscle flesh?

If you're sure about the injection, well that's your call. You don't expect to have another chance to try a vial in the future? If not I can imagine you wanna get it right, but just realize that you will need to learn the procedure and guidelines well from instructional videos and first to get the right equipment for I.M. shots.

This is one guy's ideas about it:

Well, I had a dream about shooting K once. It was really vivid, and might shed some light. It went like this.
  • You want to choose a meaty, muscled area of the body. Your shoulder, your thigh, or your buttocks are all good. Though it shouldn't make any difference, I perceive the trip to be a bit more intense if I inject into the shoulder. I'm sure that is just psychosomatic however. Anybody else??
  • I'll assume you're using the K straight out of the bottle that it came in, with the rubber seal still attached. If not, DO NOT IM it. You're just asking for a nasty infection if you do.
  • Select your dosage. For me (and my wife agrees as well), IM is about 40% more efficient "feeling" than railing it. So for us, 100mg of railed K is roughly equivalent in intensity to 50-60mg IM. For you first trip - start low, I wouldn't do any more than 50mg the first time, just to get a feel for how it's different.
  • Let's assume you're going to shoot 50mg. Using a clean, unused syringe draw 50-60mg of air into the syringe. Now, put the needle into the bottle and push the air into it. You want to replace the K you withdraw from the bottle with air so that you don't form a vacuum in the bottle. Now, holding the bottle upside down (needle up), slowly draw the plunger back to draw 50 units of K into the syringe. I always draw 55mg out, and then push it back in a bit to about 52mg. This helps to insure no air bubbles in the syringe.
  • Withdraw the syringe from the bottle. Flick the side a time or two to push any air in the syringe to the top. Push the plunger ever so slightly, until you see the K beginning to bead on the end of the needle. This further insures no air bubbles.
  • Using an alcohol swab, cleanse the injection site (we'll assume your shoulder here. You want to choose the meatiest, most heavily muscled portion of your shoulder. For me, this is on the outside, right at the top of my arm, on the outside of the joint.
  • Wait for the alcohol to dry, as this is some of the cause of the "sting" that so many people hate about injections.
  • Now, stick the needle into the site. If you're at all squeamish, do this. With a loose grip, like a dart, hit yourself in the arm with the needle. The needle will sink right in, and the loose grip will help eliminate unnecessary pressure.
  • Press the plunger in slowly. If it feels uncomfortable or stings, you're going too fast. Don't worry about it "hitting you too fast". You have enough time. If it stings, stop pushing for a moment. The sting will go away. I take about 20 seconds to push in 50mg. Do whatever works for you.
  • When you've finished...focus, and pull the needle straight back out of the injection site. If you lightly run your fingers over the injection site, you're going to feel a pretty tight knot in it - especially in the shoulder. Do not worry, as this will go away as the K is absorbed.
  • Quickly, pick up your mess, and dispose of your garbage. Don't leave a needle just lying around.
  • Find a place to sit, or lie down, and relax for awhile. Injected K comes on much differently than railed K.
  • Anywhere from 1 to 5 minutes (I've had it take as long as 10 minutes)....it will begin to set in (usually about 2 minutes for me). At that point, you'll suddenly notice that things are different, and you're "coming up". For me, it's only about 30 seconds to a minute from this point to the peak. Enjoy your ride.
Injected K is much more intense than railed K, and it (for me) is NOT in any way a social, or night out on the town experience. Proceed with caution. Start with low doses and work your way up. You can always inject more, but you can't un-inject too much.
Late,
Mike

For several reasons I think the thighs (quads) are the number 1 target injection sites for I.M. After that the butt muscle (glutes) works fine, IME you can do that standing up pretty nicely and the needle tends to slide in nicely. Third options are the outside sites of the shoulders (deltoids), but it can be impractical and you need to do it in a more specific way.

erowid said:
I.M. Ketamine Dosages
by body weight approx total
Threshold .1 mg / lb 10 - 15 mg
Light. . . .15 mg / lb 15 - 30 mg
Common .2 mg / lb 25 - 50 mg
Strong .5 mg / lb 40 - 100 mg
The K Hole .75 mg / lb 60 - 125 mg
Anaesthetic 1 mg / lb 100 - 200 mg

You wanna try doses around 'light' first to get a feel for it.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=intramuscular+injection+technique
watch several, and find some extra webpages for explanatory background.

Make sure you avoid nerves, large blood vessels and things like that, after you have placed the needle in the muscle pull back on the plunger to check if you're not accidentally in a vein. To avoid syringe barrels losing their needles at that point do not just weakly put the needle connector on the syringe barrel but press hard while twisting. That will add friction and make a more powerful connection. Read up on 'Luer Slip' as opposed to 'Luer Lock'.
Only inject in relaxed muscles, otherwise it will get pretty difficult and painful.

Where are you planning on getting the needles etc? 1 ml (1 cc) barrels should be suitable for your ketamine solution which has a concentration of 100 mg / ml. So a full syringe would contain 100 mg, which would be quite a FULL dose for a beginner (it is not a personality or hardly posture thing, it is a brain chemistry, tolerance / getting used to it type of thing), therefore it should be a fine sized syringe.
I have in front of me 22G (gauge) x 1 1/4 " needles. In metric that is 0.7 x 30 mm (also, #12), something like that should be fine. IM needles are a bit thicker as they have to go into / through a lot of outer skin layers of the body, don't underestimate that you need to go a bit deep to go through fatty tissues etc, otherwise it will be more like a subcutaenous injection. But, don't get the thickest of the thickest, you'd feel that. ;)

Massage the muscle after injection, although be careful with putting your hand on a wound too much (i.e. don't).

Have a sofa and brilliant music ready, turn off your phone, make sure it's rather dark - too much light will feel very intense and intrusive, it will be a little bit like a vampire gremlin is slipping into a dreamful coma.

Check out the Ketamine I.M. Subthread and the Ketamine First Time Subthread,

your thread will be merged with the former, when things have run their course a bit. :)

Last edited:
okay, thankyaw I'll check this out.

the needles I obtained allready (sealed), just need to buy a proper gun and the desinfection stuff.

okay after all I decided to inject some of the liquid straight into the vain, since I have very good veins (no problem finding them) this was no problem, I injected into the crook of the arm). It went really nice and straight with a nice feeling, I think this is the real deal, after I put the gun and stuff aside I closed my eyes and enjoyed the sensation! it was so good, tomorrow I will try again with a slightly higher dose. I'm glad to have some K left in the bottle for further testing. :D

Ehm have you read about how I warned you that IVing K can be dangerous because it starts acting so fast? You have only just started with this drug, don't be reckless. Have you learned how exactly to IV / IM ?
Do you even know if the needles are meant for either IVing or instead IMing?
What dose did you try?

Ehm have you read about how I warned you that IVing K can be dangerous because it starts acting so fast? You have only just started with this drug, don't be reckless. Have you learned how exactly to IV / IM ?
Do you even know if the needles are meant for either IVing or instead IMing?
What dose did you try?

no problem, I got the stuff from a physician who is using it the same way. he supported me with the sealed needles, just bought the gun from a pharmacist store. I also use antiseptic spray to desinfect before shooting. yes, it acts fast, but not tooo fast for me to pull out the gun and put a cotton wool tip on the wound.
I tried the most small amount, only 0,1 ml. after about 30 seconds it kicks in, woooohaaaa!!! today I'll try about 0,2 - 0,3 ml. safety first, of course.
yes, I know how to do it i.v. because having been to hospital often and I'm having my blood levels checked every three months, so I know how to do it (because of the medication I am constantly on monitoring, especially to prevent liver damage).

funny sidenote: on the bottle there is written: "only for dogs and cats" ... *meaow*

Moderate your use: let some time pass between ordering new vials, otherwise tolerance will creep up on you like a madafaka and so will addiction.

QFT: I have not used ketamine. Similar drugs such as MXE cause extreme compulsive dosing and strong addiction. My synthetic cannabinoid addiction dominated my life. During the worst I couldn't sleep without redosing hourly. After I quit I learned I couldn't have those chemicals in my possession. I purchased some impulsively the first year sober. I took the first hit thinking I could wait several days between doses, blacked out, woke up two days later in dirty close with my house wrecked and an empty bag of synthetic cannabinoids.

If you repeatedly dose addictive drugs you become an addict. This is unavoidable. Faster routes of administration and higher doses accelerate this process. In my experience you remain an addict after prolonged abstinence.

I haven't touched synthetic canabnoids in over 5 years. If I view them at gas stations I debate the consequences and consider the option in my head regardless of all rational evidence. After years of abstinence the irrational addict in me lingers.

I recommend you heed Solipsises warning. If you repeat the behavior enough you'll become an addict. We are here whether or not this happens. So keep asking questions if you have them. Injecting dissociatives is an abnormally slippery slope.

-- EDIT --

one important question I have, what happens if I take the K while on some amphetamin-type drugs?

I am of course aware of the great risks going along with the intravenious consumption of this drug. I don't do it every day and only take small amounts to minimize risks.

also, I've allready been through several addictions in my life, namely severe cannabis-abuse (I was younger then, very naive and did not realize the shit I was in), heavy tobbaccoe-abuse, long-term alcoholism (with all the withdrawal sympthoms up to seizures while quitting, I needed at least 7 major attempts to quit completely, I relapsed all the time), abuse of ALL kind of drugs except for cokain, heroin and meth asf, I don't want to make the list any longer. I litteraly took anything what was available to get a buzz, even cough medicine (kind of stereotypical, but anyway).

I am also very aware what you may have experienced with the synthetical cannabinoids (I call it alien-weed), some buddys and I consumed this shit frequently for a period of time, today nobody of us even smokes cannabis any longer, the whole smoking of weed and hash tends to fuck some peoples heads up.

with all my experience so far, I would say that the legal drugs (beer and booz, alcohol) are the most dangerous and most harmfull, because allways legal, allways easy to get, heavily addictive AND they literaly turn you into a zombie. I know many alcoholics, some are allready dead.
I am not talking about the consumption of heroin, that maybe even more of a risk, since it is often a dirty substance. but most people here in my town on the streets are drinking the booze, it is literally everywhere.

Last edited:
ok, I finally got to the conclusion to stop doing this. it is not worth the "fun", too many risks are involved.

I have another question left. is it possible that ketamin or dissiociative drugs in general act as antidepressants? after I have taken some more of the K, I slept well at night and had very pleasent dreams, much more than usual - and no weird dreams or nightmares. another night I had weird dreams, but they were also different than the stuff I usualy dream about, before my K experiments.

Last edited:
I have another question left. is it possible that ketamin or dissiociative drugs in general act as antidepressants? after I have taken some more of the K, I slept well at night and hat very pleasent dreams, much more than usual - and no weird dreams or nightmares. another night I had weird dreams, but they were also different than the stuff I usualy dream about, before my K experiments.

Seems a little unusual that you feel anti-depressant effects through dreams rather than changes in your baseline mood... but yes potential of dissociatives like K as acutely acting anti-depressant is widely recognized and currently investigated as applied treatment.

Seems a little unusual that you feel anti-depressant effects through dreams rather than changes in your baseline mood... but yes potential of dissociatives like K as acutely acting anti-depressant is widely recognized and currently investigated as applied treatment.

Of course I feel also positive changes in my baseline mood, especially several hours after the K-experience and the day after from morning to afternoon. Just forgot to mention that. when being depressed I often dream weird things and have particular nightmares which have to do with negative experiences in my past life, so the changes in dreams are pretty good sign for the effect of K I believe.