• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos keeping tolerence low and not getting addicted.

doont use every day, take breaks, try NMDA- antagonists, ect..

doont use every day, take breaks, try NMDA- antagonists, ect..

Good advice, but as I've posted already, the only sure fire way is to not take the drug in the first place. As to the above ^^, just don't rush yourself. The more time you spend doing things that are not drug related in your life, and more passionate you are for things other than drugs and their (ab)use, the better chances you have of avoid falling into the pit of addiction (as well as "harder" drugs such as heroin or methadone).

Think about it this way, the more time you devote to drugs, especially your DOC, the more you're start moving towards addiction and dependency. The more time you focus on other things, a loved hobby for instance, the more you move away from such. It's all about keeping your life in balance, living harmoniously.

Be well kitsun! :) <3

the thing with benzos is you need to do them for a long time before getting dependent on them. Like 1-2 months at least. I guess it varies with people, but while I was doing a lot of drugs I somehow got about 150 2mg clonaz pills (before I had it prescribed at a reasonable dose) and was doing 2-4mg a day for over a month and felt no w/d at all. Now, during that time I was taking anywhere from 3-6 oc80's a day, so maybe it masked something. But didn't feel any benzo related w/d.

^everyone's different. and I would tend to agree with you, from what I've learned over the years, that benzo dependency, like alcoholism, takes a while before it becomes a serious problem. But once it gets bad, it's pretty frik'n baaaad

With the amount of benzos i get plus the etizolam i indulge in along the way, the only way i avoid tolerance/addiction is binging. Sounds contradictive and its dangerous if u drink, i dont, but binge-break-binge-break keeps me unaddicted (even a word ?) and my tolerance stays down.

With the amount of benzos i get plus the etizolam i indulge in along the way, the only way i avoid tolerance/addiction is binging. Sounds contradictive and its dangerous if u drink, i dont, but binge-break-binge-break keeps me unaddicted (even a word ?) and my tolerance stays down.

I think the word you were looking for instead of 'binging' is 'breaks' -- taking breaks, which is part of what you said, is the only way to keep tolerance down. Even taking a low dose daily or regularly will build into a physical dependence even if mentally, 'addiction' isn't in the cards for you.

So, I guess, if you want to get majorly fucked up, listen to neutrophilis :p the tricky part is actually taking those 'breaks' after you go on binges. If you can, it can work, but the key is the BREAKS, not the binges :D

I think the word you were looking for instead of 'binging' is 'breaks' -- taking breaks, which is part of what you said, is the only way to keep tolerance down. Even taking a low dose daily or regularly will build into a physical dependence even if mentally, 'addiction' isn't in the cards for you.

So, I guess, if you want to get majorly fucked up, listen to neutrophilis :p the tricky part is actually taking those 'breaks' after you go on binges. If you can, it can work, but the key is the BREAKS, not the binges :D

Absolutely.

Absolutely.

:)

What kinda benzos you take and how often/long you been taking them? Just curious. I'm bored :D lol

I'm like SUPER blessed... IDK how, but I don't get withdrawals from benzos. Only once have I ever felt any, and it was very minor, and I take a major amount of benzos pretty much daily for the past 5-6 years, but especially for a while I was taking like 10mg xanax a day, stopped completely a few times just cuz I ran out... never had any withdrawals. I think it has something to do with the fact that my mom was a xanax addict and she like took them while she was breast-feeding me while I was young. So, really, I've been takin xanax since I was born, lol! Now, IDK anything scientific to back that up, but that's the only reason I can think of that I don't get withdrawals. I get the same opiate withdrawals as everyone else, they suck ass. I would be majorly fucked if I had the same thing with benzos because they're so much worse.

Two doses week for short acting benzos should be your absolute maximum if you want to keep the addiction beast at bay, once a week for longer acting ones like Valium or Klonopin.

Tread with caution, you're dealing with one the most addictive substances out there. I've seen it ruin people's lives in a big way, even at daily prescribed dosages. Don't follow those directions on the bottle...

This can be tricky. With daily use your fucked. Potentiators will only take you so far. Then you will turn to alcohol most likely as a potentiator. If you do this you are playing with some fire and bound to get burnt...

Yeah, this is why using potentiators is simply a bad idea. All they do is raise your tolerance by keeping the drug in your bloodstream longer, and then your tolerance adjusts to taking your benzo with GFJ/cimetidine, and your regular benzo dosage doesn't have an effect anymore.

Yes, it's important to keep in mind that what's often written on one's prescription bottles is the maximum amount they should take in the event of extreme symptoms, not what they should take daily. For example on my xanax script it says "take one 2mg tablet q6h, or PRN as needed"
Do I really need to take 8mg of xanax per day? No. I take xanax rarely, like a couple times a months, and when I do, it's usually between 0.5mg-2mg/day depending on the conditions.

In fact just about every single prescription I have has a super high dosage written on the bottle, so I take all of them wayyyyy less than what's written on the bottle.

I don't have advice on avoiding addiction because I have not successfully been able to do that with any hard drugs. If I tried to give advice I would be talking out of my ass. As soon as I am doing something somewhat regularly, like once a week or even once every 2 weeks, I generally spiral into full on addiction. I am talking with drugs that have phsyical dependency like dope and benzos.

And let me tell you, you can develop some serious benzo withdrawal pretty damn quick. Avbout a year ago I detoxed from a 4-6mg alprazolam daily habit which I was on for 2-3 months srtaight with sporadic use before that. Now, when I use benzos, it's so easy for me to develop physical dependency. After only 7 days of alprazolam use (avg 6mg daily) I have gotten some horrendous withdrawals, and while they didn't last long like my first benzo deetox they are very severe. Worse than even the worst dope withdrawals I have went through. Benzos are the only drug that have put me in the hospital..which was for seizure, but the depression is way more debilitating than opiate depresion which is horrendous in itself. I never have been suicidal in my life except when in benzo withdrawal. It's so fucking scary. IMO they are not worth fucking with at all anymore. They don't have enough good aspects to warrant that kind of phsyical addiction. Aside from sleeping really hard.. no euphoria, kind of a waste if you ask me.

If your an occasional/naive user, aside from only dosing once or twice a week, also make sure not to take huge dosages (i.e. 2mg of alprazolam) when you do use. Drugs like clonazepam, and alprazolam are very potent. The lowest, effective starting dose for both is .125 mg. Now of course that dose will not give someone a "buzz", but .5mg certainly will for someone with no tolerance.

I think people expect benzo's to get you intoxicated in a way similar to alchohol, opiates or stims (what I mean is, a pronounced altered state)...Benzo's just don't deliver that. They are recreational only in that they loosen inhibitions, and ease anxiety, but they're not incredibly euphoric. I've always taken them (prescribed or not) for the purpose that they are actually made for. Taking 4mg a day with no tolerance for a week is dangerous, unnecessary and will likely cause withdrawal. Start out as low as possible.

Yup, the only benzos I've found to be anything approaching euphoria (but what I think I liked about the experience was the sedation more than anything) was taking 20-40mg of diazepam.

Then again, what drug isn't rather misunderstood in our wonderful society Zn3g?

^ Great advice, it's too bad people start with 1-2mg right off the bat with a drug that's active at 125 micrograms.

The only euphoric benzo IMO is flunitraz

I'm prescribed .5mg alprazolam as needed since nearly 10 years but I usually only take half a tablet. The most I've ever taken in one go was .75mg in a pretty extreme situation. Ofcourse I don't take them daily and don't redose.

Benzo's really shouldn't be taken daily, not the short acting nor the longer acting ones. My general physician also had the tendency to write 3x .5mg/day on his prescriptions but after I switched to a psych doctor the first thing he told me was that I should take them as needed and the general guideline when taking it 3x/day is to taper after 2 months but if one would take it like I do (once, max twice a week) it's relatively safe not to get physically hooked on them. Mentally is another story because of the fact you usually take them for the same kind of "tasks".

Like Znegative said, I'd start with the lowest possible dose of .125mg and see what gives.

If your an occasional/naive user, aside from only dosing once or twice a week, also make sure not to take huge dosages (i.e. 2mg of alprazolam) when you do use. Drugs like clonazepam, and alprazolam are very potent. The lowest, effective starting dose for both is .125 mg. Now of course that dose will not give someone a "buzz", but .5mg certainly will for someone with no tolerance.

I think people expect benzo's to get you intoxicated in a way similar to alchohol, opiates or stims (what I mean is, a pronounced altered state)...Benzo's just don't deliver that. They are recreational only in that they loosen inhibitions, and ease anxiety, but they're not incredibly euphoric. I've always taken them (prescribed or not) for the purpose that they are actually made for. Taking 4mg a day with no tolerance for a week is dangerous, unnecessary and will likely cause withdrawal. Start out as low as possible.

Great post! Benzos are only euphoric if you're anxious, as the transition from an anxious state to a relaxed one is amazingly comforting. They're not "euphoric," they just allow you to be comfortable so your natural feels-good-man neurotransmitters can shine.