• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kava what's your opinions?

Kava is nothing like Kratom. Completely different plant with very different effects. There are also a lot of potentially dangerous products on the market. Only Noble root powder is really worthwhile, and extracts tend to be much weaker than making the drink yourself from noble root powder or micronized noble root powder.

There's a strain called moi that's one of my personal favorites. Kava won't get you fucked up in any way, but it can be very relaxing. I find it to be a huge help when I take a break from other drugs. The amazing thing about kava is that there's no physical addiction, so you can drink it all the time without having to worry about WDs. Of course, you can still become psychologically addicted, but that's true for almost anything. I think kava is a pretty amazing plant that's rarely mentioned here.

I think it might be what I'm looking for, just a little something to take the edge off some sh*t.

@toothpaste I'm afraid I don't know what those letters mean.

It just means that toothpastedog moved your post to Basic Drug Discussion since this is more appropriate for that forum than Other Drugs.

And ya, i think it's great in that respect. You can't expect to get a lot more than that out if it, but it's great for dealing with mild anxiety, stress, insomnia, etc. Or just taking the edge off sobriety :\

Kava is its own thing. People have compared it to alcohol, weed, etc. It does make you feel a little stony baloney but nowhere near as much as dank or mid grade weed. I drank kava on the daily for six months and loved it. It chilled me out and took the edge off my rage issues and anxiety-depression.

Sounds good.

I hope it actually works for me (kratom did nothing).

And a pro is apparently you can use it daily for up to 3 months at a time without addiction.

iirc kava use on a daily basis could put some strain on liver function.

i don't think it is advisable to take it daily for months at a time.

Kava is very mild IMO but has some relaxing effects. What I did actually was combine it with phenibut and that had a really interesting synergy (had a really noticable high but still sutble). When combined with phenibut i used about 3000mg of phenibut and some kava (i cant remember how much kava but i used a decent amount. I used both phenibut and kava in capsules). The downside is i guess that it takes about 2+ hours to get an effect when combined with phenibut but lasts a long time. The positive effects of this combination is an overwhelming sense of calm (really "content" i guess you could call it) and a very big increase in music appreciation (also suppresses anxiety a lot) . There isn't really many negative effects that i found, but you do get a bit disorientated and the next day you may feel a bit fatigued.

I've been thinking about phenibut but it appears to have horrific withdrawal symptoms, and it doesn't take many consecutive days of use to get addicted.

I think phenibut may be of help to me but I would need a lot of self control which I'm not confident about.

You should check out the kava forums. Theres a lot of experienced people and they have a list of good companies to buy from and info on the different strains. I'm just getting into kava myself :) kavaforums.com

iirc kava use on a daily basis could put some strain on liver function.

i don't think it is advisable to take it daily for months at a time.

The liver issues are mostly a myth. You can drink as much noble root powder as you want without any worry about liver issues, but some solvent extracts or products that are sold with aerial portions of the plant can potentially contain significant concentrations of hepatotoxins. As long as you have a legit product, there's nothing to worry about. However, kavalactones can inhibit a lot of liver enzymes, so it should be used with caution when taking it with other medications.

Also, afaik, you can use kava indefinitely without physical addiction issues. I've used it for many months at a time, and quitting has come with 0 noticeable WD symptoms.

I have tried it one time. At the time, I was doing door to door sales and the business I went into so happened to be a Kava bar. I was super interested. Having said that, I didn't make a sale but the lady was super informative and she gave me 2 shells. aka 2 cups.. I am super familiar with kratom, and for some reason i assumed it was similar. It turns out it wasn't similar. The taste of kava (liquid) tasted like dirt. basically just tasted like water and earth. not nearly as cringing as the taste of kratom, imo. Anyways, it ended up just making me feel a little more "stoned" in a weird sense comparable to weed. Other than the 1 time i tried it, I would try it again although i honestly don't know anything about it, but i personally like kratom better.

I have tried it one time. At the time, I was doing door to door sales and the business I went into so happened to be a Kava bar. I was super interested. Having said that, I didn't make a sale but the lady was super informative and she gave me 2 shells. aka 2 cups.. I am super familiar with kratom, and for some reason i assumed it was similar. It turns out it wasn't similar. The taste of kava (liquid) tasted like dirt. basically just tasted like water and earth. not nearly as cringing as the taste of kratom, imo. Anyways, it ended up just making me feel a little more "stoned" in a weird sense comparable to weed. Other than the 1 time i tried it, I would try it again although i honestly don't know anything about it, but i personally like kratom better.

Kratom is a lot more rewarding since it tickles your opioid receptors.

I agree with the weed comparison. Kava is very much it's own thing. I think it's kinda like getting a little stoned, kinda like taking gabapentin, and kinda like something I can't out my finger on.

Man, I have heard a lot about gabapentin, seems common but have yet to take it. Are you comparing it to Kava in that the "stoned" feeling is similar, or that the feeling isn't quiet explainable in its own way?

^I would compare Kava with something like Gabapentin in terms of relative potency i.e. they're both fairly mild, but their effects are different, as are the effects of Kratom and Kava respectively.

Man, I have heard a lot about gabapentin, seems common but have yet to take it. Are you comparing it to Kava in that the "stoned" feeling is similar, or that the feeling isn't quiet explainable in its own way?

I agree with Keif that it's pretty comparable in terms of potency, and it has some similar effects. The feeling from kava just doesn't really compare to anything else IMO, but I can see some similarities between kava, gabapentinoids, and weed.

The wonderful thing about kava though is the lack of any physical WD. You can drink it everyday without getting a physical dependence.