• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Kava Kava

It's not like alcohol: it shares no similar pharmacological activity. You would't get the same effects. It's just mildly calming.

It won't mess with your decision making/cognition. It will just make you feel relaxed.

From what I hear it's the best supplement for alcohol without resorting to benzos or other depressants it's pretty relaxing

How much like alcohol is this stuff? Is just the same? Better?

What Alien47 has got me wondering: are you inquiring because you are interested in its effects for pleasure and recreation purposes or for a replacement - as Alien47 said - for alcohol?

If you are intrested in harm reduction, a decent dose of Kava will provide plenty of relaxation without the sloppiness of alcohol. It can be a heavy cns depressant. It is not recommended to mix moth alcohol or other depressant drugs. Kava can easily used recreationally, but can be used medicinally. Kava is a medication that deserves respect.

After seeing it on the booze traveler on the travel channel I tried some. It is calming however if you go to Wal-Mart and buy kava tea don't expect much calming. Lol. Also the kava tea at Wal-Mart tastes like shit. Lol

^^This. Retail store bought product is usually weak. Online searches will easily take you where you want to go.

I would just go to Amazon. That's allowable to say, right? they wouldn't technically be considered a "vendor" would they? I mean, it's just amazon.

Yes, the numbness is because it's a sodium channel blocker. One of it's main method of actions is to work on ion channels such as sodium and calcium channels. As well as cannabinoid receptors. It has been shown not to have GABAergic activity as previously thought.