• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Ethnobotanicals Kava Kava powder : how to use it, how much and what to expect?

skipjames

Bluelighter
Hi guys,
I m trying to stay away from oxys & coke ( despite a lil bump on the road, pun intended, with the latter some days ago) and I am experimenting with etnobotanicals.

I have been taking 9-10 grams of kratom first thing in the morning for the last 3 weeks (nice, but I still don t get any effect remotely similar to a real opiate) and I ve bought 20 grs of kava powder, which should arrive in a couple of days. I ve checked the net and some ways of preparing the thing are a lil bit too Master Chefy , so fuck it. Can I just toss the powder in a cup of water and drink the thing? How much power? I ve definitely have a permatolerance to opioids and I m not totally benzo naive ( I have used my fair share of 2mgs xanax and 1 mgs of Clonazepam during opi w-d or coke comedowns but I m not addicted, I take them only in case of necessity). Cheers!

Can I just toss the powder in a cup of water and drink the thing?

Yes. Stir heavily.

How much power?

Two spoonfull. Twice per day. This drug is not like coffee, taking dramatically more won't give you a much heavier effect, it would just be expensive.
This isn't one of the heavier drugs. Don't expect a miracle. But congratulations you've picked a really good one, you should expect to have a good time with kava kava. Not a lot of problems really result from kava kava, it's nice and mellow.

You can throw it in a cup. Is it micronized or medium grind because medium grind can have some big chunks? I was always too lazy to prepare it the proper way so I would throw it in a pot and very lightly simmer for 5 or so minutes. Then strain it through a t-shirt or strainer. Squeeze the shirt out to get all the liquid. I would strain into the pot again because you want a larger surface area so it won't glog up the smaller particles and kavalactones from getting through.

Kava is like a mix between alcohol and gabapentin but not sloppy like alcohol. It's hard to explain. It relaxes and gives a general anesthetic type feeling throughout the body and mind.

I find that the kava has to be high quality for me to feel it. The one time I had quality shit it was a friend's from Hawaii and I got messed up - like someone else said, alcohol/gabapentin type vibe but I was super nauseous and threw up.
Just watch your liver, some people do end up with hepatoxicity.
And honestly unless it's really fresh or potent don't expect too much. Slight relaxation and drowsiness is what happens imo and that's on good stuff. Just imo.

It depends on the batch.
I got a new batch that fucks me up from a bit under a teaspoon, other batches may be weaker even if taking 4x as much.
Start with a teaspoon and go from there.
Do less if you have very potent kava.

But congratulations you've picked a really good one, you should expect to have a good time with kava kava
Cheers my man, let s see if I can break this pattern of oxy then coke n benzos then miserable sobriety then when I m feeling like a human again "Hey I ve been clean for a while let s do a line and or drop a pill just for old time´s sake", rinse and repeat.....
It relaxes and gives a general anesthetic type feeling throughout the body and mind.
sounds great, way better than being either a nodding eunuch on oxys or a paranoid mess on coke or...both
And honestly unless it's really fresh or potent don't expect too much. Slight relaxation and drowsiness is what happens imo and that's on good stuff. Just imo
The vendor told me to take just a spoon, dunno if it s the typical vendor shite like " man my stuff is fiiiire" but in doubt I ll take two and see what happens :)

Cheers my man, let s see if I can break this pattern of oxy then coke n benzos then miserable sobriety then when I m feeling like a human again "Hey I ve been clean for a while let s do a line and or drop a pill just for old time´s sake", rinse and repeat.....

sounds great, way better than being either a nodding eunuch on oxys or a paranoid mess on coke or...both

The vendor told me to take just a spoon, dunno if it s the typical vendor shite like " man my stuff is fiiiire" but in doubt I ll take two and see what happens :)
I could easily(always) do 30-50 grams in a few hr sesh. 20 grams isn't that much. Honestly it's kinda like a dose and redose for short effects. Unless it's like an extract or something that's enriched.

thanks for all the inputs, any nice kratom-kava interaction worth knowing about as we are talking about it?y
yeah... I generally prefer to NOT use kratom before kava, and tends to be very lovely to use kratom a bit after the kavain rush has faded (so, when we enter the "mellow relaxing" phase).
If you do it after drinking kava the effects of kratom are much stronger, like much much stronger, and seems that it has to be with the CYP inhibition shit.
on the contrary, if you use kratom before kava... uhmm you barely feel any kavain rush and the mellow feelings are a bit underwhelming, because kratom is a powerful substance in terms of making itself known while mixing with other substances,.. it can be "weak" in terms of rush, euphoria and so on, but it's a substance that "likes" to be noticed over almost everything, that's why it's so good for stims comedowns, a perfect veil.

I find that the kava has to be high quality for me to feel it. The one time I had quality shit it was a friend's from Hawaii and I got messed up - like someone else said, alcohol/gabapentin type vibe but I was super nauseous and threw up.
Just watch your liver, some people do end up with hepatoxicity.
And honestly unless it's really fresh or potent don't expect too much. Slight relaxation and drowsiness is what happens imo and that's on good stuff. Just imo.
Very true, every kava batch or product I've ever bought is wildly different in terms of effects and side effects. I would also consistently get headaches and stomach aches from most kava. I think this is from bad vendors that add stem material or so called "tudei" kava that has toxic stuff in it.

I've finally found an amazing 30% CO2 extract that gives a nice, clean effect. No headaches. I mix 2g with water for a good effect.

Curiously the vendor also has another CO2 extract but it's a paste instead of powder, and it does give me a headache. I assume different plant material was used.

But good kava has an impressive buzz for a legal high. Nice, but short lasting euphoria then a very relaxing next few hours.

It's just so hard for me to find kava that doesn't give me a headache, I got tired of wasting money on bad kava, I almost gave up on it completely.

I think simply tossing and washing (or mixing with water and downing powder and all) is supposed to not minimize some negative effects (liver included?)
Anyway, I have done it a lot but just a teaspoon or so, which is enough for a mild buzz which is good mixed with Gabapentin, Lyrica, etc..
A friend of mine used to call me "Mr Synergy" due to my predilection toward mixing smaller amounts of many substances to avoid side effects.