• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Kava and its reverse tolerance.

Joey24x18

Bluelighter
Ive been consuming kava kava for a week now. I've used it before, but never gained desirable effects from it.

While researching, I see people talking about it having a reverse tolerance effect. As in, the more you use it the stronger the effects are.

So I decided to put it to the test. I have high quality "Waka" root bark, and I've been consuming three heaping table spoons every night, strained the traditional way in water.

The last six days I've used it, I could definitely feel something. Like an overall feeling of being mellow. Well tonight, I'm actually pretty fucked up off this shit. It actually reminds me of pot but without all the anxiety. I guess they really aren't bullshitting about the whole reverse tolerance to this stuff.

Anybody else have experience with this?

I've never experienced this reverse tolerance people speak of, in fact I always got the highest on my first doses after not taking it for long periods of time. Only one time did I think I was experiencing this reverse tolerance but I realized it was related to the time I was taking my dose and food contents. Ie. Effects started feeling stronger when switching from evening dosing to morning/afternoon dosing because my stomach was more empty early in the day. This was confirmed by dosing later again and experiencing the usual level of effects.

Last edited: