• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

K-pins and oxycodone

AntiCy

Greenlighter
So today I received my refill of 90 10mg oxycodone, no apap, from my pain doc (shingles)

Then I realize 10 days ago my primary prescribed me klonopin, .5 3x a day.

I have a heavy opiate tolerance (usually 60mg plus a night) and a moderate tolerance to benzos.

I had taken my morning and afternoon dose today of kpins, and just now took 20mg oxy (literally just remembering about the benzos)

So two questions

1 - any real risk right now (1mg kpin and 20mg oxy, plus built up kpin from normal dose of the last week)

2 - how long should I wait until I begin my heavier oxycodone use? Friday night? Sat night? I know klonopin tends to hang around in the system. I'm done taking the kpins, did nothing for me but hold off some anxiety about work

Thanks folks! Looking forward to chatting

Klonopin might be my favorite drug out there, for rec purposes that is. How do you go 10 days forgetting you had those ready to be filled? Lol. Anyways 24 hours after your last kpin dose will be fine to do your normal 60mg oxy dose. Yes it has a long half life but you only took 1mg & are tolerant to both substances

Klonopin might be my favorite drug out there, for rec purposes that is. How do you go 10 days forgetting you had those ready to be filled? Lol. Anyways 24 hours after your last kpin dose will be fine to do your normal 60mg oxy dose. Yes it has a long half life but you only took 1mg & are tolerant to both substances

Sorry, let me be more clear :) I did fill the kpins 10 days ago and have been taking it since, so it's built up in my body and blood. I just forgot that I was taking kpin when I filled my oxycodone today and popped them.

Haha thanks for the answer though. Maybe I'll give the kpins another go when I run out of these oxy

Luckily for me I always start slow after not taking oxy for a few weeks. Otherwise i would've taken my normal dose

It's riskiest when you take them at the same time because the maximum effect of both drugs at once is too much for your system. If you're going to be taking both every day then I would wait a few hours after your afternoon dose of kpin and try 20 mg oxy the first time around. Kpin has a long half life but my experience with it has been that the nodding is already wearing off after about 3 h. Combining it with oxy was way too sedating for me to be of much use recreationally.

what's the question

oxycodone isn't even that powerful. you're worried about mixing medicine.

I don't get it.. wait an hour between doses. I actually don't get it though. I mean oxycodone lasts like an hour tops, then you're tired or whatever.. the other medication is fine by itself. Just don't take both medications at the same time