• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

just watched 60 mins

If that poor Kid was dying why the hell did they have him Handcuffed to the Stretcher ..
Also the footage of him lasted for at least 40 seconds and everyone was just standing around and watching him
Look very suspect to me !!!!!

I watched the 60 minutes report last night, after reading what all the US bluelighters wrote about it when it was on,, I can't real see all the fuss.
Sure, it was full of complete bullshit. Serotonin is depleted for a very very long time - that was a joke - but who really knows how long it takes to recharge fully, we all say the 2 week period is good, but maybe constant use can make the brain stop producing serotonin at it's normal rate. and maybe one pill can cause brain damage, might stuff up your nerve endings and god knows what. I think 60 minutes should've said there are no proper conclusive results about the side effects of ecstacy, and we need to rally the government or whoever up to do some proper testing, but they're gonna be ssscrewed if the results say it isn't that dangerous at all..
After watching that, parents will be more wary about their kids, which is good, because i don't think young kids should be Eing.. Maybe when you're older and more mature, and have moved out. But while living under your parent's roof, you should respect them and their choices.
Even if ecstacy isn't harmful in the long run, I doubt parents want their kids to be goin' crazy for 8 hours straight, which isn't doing any good for their bodies,-- and the few days to follow of e-pression. Post load you say? BLAH! I say .. keep it away from the kids.. Plus kids are more likely to over do it on E, as they don't have that maturity and discipline (not talking about all, but i'd say a majority) ... and also i have noticed that many ecstacy users, also use speed, not on a regular basis, but during their roll or wotever..
blah blah.. i gonna stop now, coz i is silly.
cya

Some very good points made on teh 'have your say' by a few bluelighters (myself included) I see. though I do want to say one thing to anyone else who might be intending to post something on it;
DO NOT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT BLUELIGHT. We do not need that kind of attention.
This should have been pointed out earlier.
A statement such as 'bluelighters rock' is very immature and does nothing to help the debate. I would have replied to this privately but there is no email address listed. You know who you are.
[This message has been edited by Anjele (edited 08 May 2000).]

Hey Mr Horse you're right, those pills looked awesome. Why the hell aren't ours that size???

Damn I missed 60 mins!!
JimmiG: Alcohol WAS illegal in early 1900's!! And look at the crap that was being made illegally to sustain the alco's desire for a drink! Christ that shite was deadly! So legalising certain things is less detrimental, IMO.
Raph: If you're under your parent's roof you should respect them and THEIR choices? In their day they had 0 choice (well ok, dope, alcohol and for a few some other gear ;-) )
Fair enough respect them but their choices? Hardly. So do everything that your parents wish and say? So much for experimentation and being/discovering your 'own'. I'm sure most ppl have done something their parents did not approve of...
Kids will and DO try things (ciggies? alcohol? etc..) so they have first-hand knowledge. This doesn't mean I condone kids doing these things, but informing them of perils, etc would be a much more positive and respectful (in the sense that both your child and yourself can build a better rel'ship, openly communicate and be 'friends' as well as parent/child), don't you think? And besides having immigrant parents makes it fukkin' hard to be open and all (not all of them...most..95%?), they have too many memories of the 'past' and are stuck in a 50's time-warp.
Like my friends and I say, 'The less they know the better!'.
Not bagging you but if this were the case then would we move forward? Informing ppl of the postives and negatives of drugs, etc is a better choice.
Just my 0.022 cents worth (GST included).

GreenAlien - yeh, I realise what I said was rather silly, but --
You said that children should do what they choose, which will help them form into a unique being - but i really don't think drug taking should be a part of forming who a person is. Sure it gives you a different outlook and everything on life, but we were born as is, no mdma running through our system, and i believe we should stay that way -- form who we are, and later in life when we are mature, and know who we really are, use ecstacy as a tool to amplify ourselves and HAVE A FUCKING GOOD TIME!!
wink.gif

But I guess we could say to use ecstacy to help us see who we really are - coz god, sometimes when i'm on E, the real me comes out (usually the day after, except on those e-pressed days), and my usual shyness is no longer and i can express myself the way I wish I did when i'm off E ... I don't want to rely on drugs to bring myself out, i've seen my potential, I know i'm capable of that, and i'll work towards that goal of unleashing my inner being .. blah! (needed to add that after all that crap i just typed) bbuutt.. i'm comfusing myself.. cya.
hmm, think i made a bit more sense this time.. maybe..
by the way, i only started Eing in january, done it quite a few times since then, had a maaad time, but have decided to stop for a few months, as i've turned against the idea of taking drugs - not even that keen to drink alcohol again ..
Anyways, everyone says ecstacy isn't addictive - they just "crave" the scene and the experience -- wouldn't that be classed as a mild addiction ? like , I CRAVE sex sometimes, but i reckon everyone is mildly addicted to sex - it's yummy! so is ecstacy. not saying theres anything wrong with it.. just confusing myself,, thats all.
bye

great thread... no real suprises on the show it seems...
i'm going to copy this thread over to the media/busts forum... it will remain open here, i just thought the larger BL community would like to see our reactions...
oh and to reinforce Anjele's point: do not put any references to us on 60 minutes website or any other mainstream media's site. This is just asking for unwanted attention from people who have it in for us. I am all for more publicity for BL but not there.
Having these tabloid fools sniffing around us now will do a lot more damage than good. If they were going to do a balanced story on us with all the facts the fine, but as last nights show proved, they have an agenda and this agenda is about scare tactics and their unwillingness to report all sides.
I urge everyone who feels strongly about this to respond directly to 60 minutes. So far it seems there has been a great response from many people who have seem thru the story's bias but it will take a wave of criticism before they would ever consider doing a follow-up.
Just please don't make our site have unwanted attention at this point.
ta
jb
[This message has been edited by johnboy (edited 08 May 2000).]

Raph: I don't advocate that kids should have a free-for-all on anything they choose, far from it! What I believe tho is that we SHOULD inform them AND educate them, not enforce things. The better friends you are the better for all! I just wish my parents were more open and informative....
And BTW obviously it wouldn't be a good thing if one NEEDED drugs to be able to be "one's self". The drug thing is an extension of our experimentation and willingness (and eagerness) to know. Does this make any sense anyone?
Ok..Gotta do some work. God...
Cheers!
BTW Mature? When are we mature? I know 30 year olds whose maturity is roughly age 10! Is maturity measured by our age? Our experience(s)? What?
[This message has been edited by GreenAlien (edited 08 May 2000).]

Anjele,Jb i here u on not posting direct urls, i know i posted on the 60 minutes discussion board 'bluelighters go off' (kinda slipped out), but even i have enough sense and respect not to post a direct url.
sorry guys
just checked out that discussion board seen a direct url to bluelight 'www.bluelight.ru'
+ a whole bunch of other sites aswell
[This message has been edited by wizpEr (edited 08 May 2000).]

Say Hi to Mainstream Aussie Media Guys !!!!
With the posted URL on 60min discussion board you can bet your ass that some headline grabbing Journo is logged into bluelight as we speak pulling out Quotes from Various threads like picking flowers from a rose bush !!!!
Just wait till he hands the bouqet of quotes to the editor of the Newspaper or producer of the current affairs prg ........
Sigh.........
Chill

I'm shocked that a lot of you guys were suprised about the way 60 minutes handled the story. They took their angle and they ran with it, it's the way of the media.
I watched the interview with six other friends. We were rolling hard and after seeing that guy die we decided not to do any more pills for the rest of the night.
We had 80 bulbs and a 3'fer of weed between us instead.
Viva la bulb!

hey raphy, as a friend i have to tell you to get off your high horse, you are looking at Eing too seriously, you know you dont need it to bring out your trueself, cause why is your trueself have to be when your not shy etc? also kids will never have the same exposure to xtc cause how many 13 year olds you know, can afford to chuck out 30-40 regualry. though i agree that it is worrying that 14 year olds are on it, they should just stick to cones like i did. but im not prepared to claim i know better and im not going to say everyone should respect their parents wishes because not all situations are the same. i beleive knowledge is the key. I myself didnt watch the report and from what it said, raphy you should be smart enough to realise aim, motive, and it source and whether you should use it as a reliable source (hehe yr 12 history ??)
ahh well
i make no sense anyhow
------------------
its that feeling you get....oh yeah Fukitzpumpin!!!

Hey didn't see the program, but from reading all of these posts, kinda get the feeling that this was a piece of over-hyped american dribble....jeez, what a shock.
Some of their theories were right on target, but some were complete and utterly ridiculous. The most pathetic would have to be the shit on the glow stix, I have to say, if you like them, then go ahead. But come up to me with one, and I'll throw it back five years where it belongs, and I'll use your arse to do it - so get ready to go back to the past baby.
Anywho chickadees, play safe but don't forget to play.
ciaofornow cah-blueys
------------------
Poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another

Aaai Stylin,,, that's my prob, i didn't do year 12 history..
i like this high horse, so sukitbitch! ;p

i know you like your high horse, but being on a floating one is more fun!
smile.gif

------------------
its that feeling you get....oh yeah Fukitzpumpin!!!

i hate how they use the term ecstasy "overdose".
U literally cannot overdose on MDMA. The toxic level is something like 6g, or 50 fantastic pills.
This is coz ur serotonin has a limit and once it gets to that limit thats it, u can't just keep releasing and releasing it like happens to ur dopamine during an overdose on speed.
People dying from MDMA are not overdosing on the drug but their own stupidity.
I felt sorry for the poor guy, i mean was that classic scare tactics or what, but:
1. 5 pills, probably not all the same, i'd bet not all MDMA, could have bad mixes etc, stupid.
2. If he'd taken 5 MDMA pills and sat at home he'd be here. Its the overheating that kills u, not an "overdose". Again stupid combined with ignorance.
Education and harm reduction, and pill testing, pill testing, pill testing; thats the only way.
Hats off to dancesafe.
And its no surprise that they sought out the professor who obviously had the strongest opposing view on the matter, if they were proper journalists u'd think they'd seek medical opinions of many experts, not one, who clearly is following some agenda.

I guess maybe there isn't a suitable word to describe ecstacy overdose - as their is such a thing, but it usually refers to over-heating, dehydration, etc. You have to eat a heap of pills to overdose from MDMA, but with all the crap they put in pills nowadays we can't really stick to what erowid.org or whoever say is a lethal dose of MDMA, because what we all know as Ecstacy isn't always only MDMA..
And you can't blame "overdosing" on people's stupidity,well not all the time.. We all know that when we're peaking and up on the podium, there's is NO way we're getting down , unless we get too carried away and fall off. So even with education, people aren't gonna stop short their peak on tha podium for a rest, they'll do it later..
"I really should get a drink" .. "Ah fuck, but the music is ssoo mad, and i got the maddest position..." - but i guess thats the time u look around and try scab water off the people around ya, but that doesn't always work...
[This message has been edited by Raphsta (edited 09 May 2000).]

yeah i hear u.
Thats what i meant about the 5 pills too, 5 times the amount of probable harmful side products, adulterants etc.
But the drug isn't to blame in my opinion, whereas something like heroin and crack the drug is the danger. I don't feel they can be used responsibly, MDMA should be able to be.
This is no joke either. I went to bed thinking about this and had this dream. That there was such a device which u stuck on ur body, don't remember where, which constantly measured body temp and then vibrated when u got too high. Sounds silly but if the technology was there think of the deaths/problems this could solve.

I have been having the hardest time trying to explain to my parents that E isn't that bad. They know I take it (not how often though) and I explained to them that with knowledge and good contacts (who are able to get nice clean pills) the chances of injury or heaven forbid death are greatly reduced.
I think they were starting to come to grips with the fact that I take drugs but I am also taking care.
It has all changed now. They simply don't care, I told them I am still going to take drugs. When asked if I cared about what happend to that poor guy I said I did but the same thing could happen from an allergy to vide variety of things and I was unfortunate.
I don't know, probably noone will read this but I am sure I am not the only one whos parents are afraid of the evil that is Ecstasy.
d.
------------------
Attitude is something boring people made up!!!!

Too late JB. Someone has already put B/L addy in there. If you want to know who it is, email me.
Timbo