• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Just trashed my ambien/ how to store other medication from myself

Legally High

Bluelighter
Medication Hoarding

Dumped my ambien. It was them or me. I have other medications I would like to keep stored away but not readily accessible.(Stimulants, antidepressants, gabapentin, kratom etc )

Anyone with ideas/experience on this?

I would put them in the attic but the heat would be terrible.

Last edited:
Do you have a family member or friend that you trust to keep them for you? I used to have my dad hold onto my oxycodone because I would take too many and run low. It worked out okay until I found the place where he hid them. Self-control was a problem for me. :(

I'm not sure how that would work for me as I don't know anyone who would want to hold on to that much medication especially since some of its controlled.
I'm thinking of getting a large lockbox and letting my mom be the one with the combination.

Sounds like your Mom may be the one who could make what TC suggested work. Heck, if she's the only one with the combination, then she could dole them out to you as needed. I personally use my wife to lock up my meds and give me each days dose every evening. For me it works like a charm. Good luck with things!

Because of the opiate crisis in Canada my new doctor (I moved to the city) only releases my pain meds weekly. This has really helped me to use my medications more or less as directed. When I was getting them monthly I always ran out a few days early then withdrawals set in. She has actually done me a huge favour. I take 3 x 6mg Hydromorph Contin daily. Because I like to "use" I crush them (use to snort them) and just take small amounts lots of times a day (orally). I don't get high but I have the psychological affect of "doing drugs" and it alleviates my pain.
This might not be useful to anyone else but it really works for me.

You could get a time-lock safe or medication container, and give the backup key to your mom so you don't have access to it. It definitely wouldn't be a cure-all, but it could help, and they're not too terribly expensive.

Good for you for trashing the ambien, those things are a bit evil! Sleepwalking/driving and all the other things that seem to happen with them is really unfortunate and dangerous, I know.