• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Just took suboxone again/weird feeling

gunogoo

Greenlighter
I first want to say that I am new to this website. But I have been on suboxone for well over year and just in the alst week switched back to my DOC, Heroin. I stopped taking heroin on Friday night at 7pm. I waited until this morning at 7am to take my first bit of suboxone. I took a quarter, followed by another wuarter, followed by a half. I did not take them to early and get withdrawls. I have done that before, and I can tell you this isn't it. I just feel funny, like my legs wont stop moving. Im just wondering if there is anything I can do,

Withdrawal is definitely a spectrum of effects as opposed to a clearly defined state. I think what's happened is that you've experienced a relatively minor case of precipitated withdrawal evidenced by the "legs won't stop moving" comment. Restless Legs/Akathisia are always the first physical symptom that I notice. I've experienced this sort of thing a handful of times in the past, mostly in dealing with Buprenorphine/Methadone dosing, which can be hard to predict.

Subs take a couple of days to get used to. It's because you're used to being high on heroin, the subs take the physical withdrawal away but you probably won't catch a buzz. Try some low dose benzos for a couple of days or some pregabalin if you have access. Only use what you have to though, you don't want to become reliant on other substances. Just try and tell yourself it will get better, remember you've been using heroin, it's gonna take time for your brain to adjust. The subs make things easier for sure, but it still wont be easy. Good luck

you are adjusting, your brain is still getting used to the suboxone being there and not dope. I bounced back and forth between dope and bupe for some time, it sucks balls. sometimes even when you feel really sick and take a bit of bupe you get sicker. I couldn't keep doing it so I got on mmt which was the wrong move...but also sounds like you experienced a little bit of precip wd too.