Just started HRT- few quick questions.

bdomihizayka

Bluelighter
Hey guys, sorry I don't have more comprehensive info at the moment. Just would like to have a few questions answered that I really don't understand.

I FINALLY found a doctor who sympathized with me and started me on HRT. My test levels were taken about 6 times within 4 months. In range was something like 300-800. I landed in the 300s 3 times, once in the 200s and surprisingly once in the 600s.

I am 25 years old. Have all the symptoms of low T- no energy, no mood, no motivation, poor sleep, no libido, even erection problems and all most doctors would do for me was offer me prozac, xanax and tell me to see a shrink. Was suffering these symptoms since I was about 20.

But I ran a 3 month modest test c cycle about 3 years ago (with proper pct- levels bounced back "normal" at the time). And during this cycle, I have never felt better in my life.... I don't even think I knew what it meant to be horny before that lol.

So I am now on some topical cream once a day which is 100mg/ day.... she also has me on hcg- do not know the amount- not at home at the moment, but can specify if need be.

Let's say I have an average of about the 350 range of T. What is 100mg/ day of this cream going to be bumping this up to?- (taken into account not fully knowing how my physiology is receptive to the cream as lots of men prefer the shots, but my doctor won't give them to me so I'll take what I can get for now.)

And I have another question.... lets say someone is on HRT... their baseline is 350 or so, and after a month or two of HRT, it gets bumped up to 700 or so. Is it ALWAYS going to stay at 700- or is your test eventually going to go down from 700 because your body will stop making it's own T and thus the artificial T is all that's present in your system? Does that make sense to anyone- I really don't know how to better word it.

I want to wait to see where my test levels flatline at so I can start blasting and cruising. I am newly sober, about 6 months, and bodybuilding was my passion before narcotics, and I know it will help keep me from temptation when I am in anal- bodybuilder OCD mode. I appreciate any feedback. Thanks!!!!

it may go down yes. Hence the use of increasingly large dosages and combinations for those of us that blast and cruise lol.

Get off the creams and get injecting imo, creams are unreliable and hard to dose you will never have stable blood levels of t.
Eventually your t levels will be stopped naturally which is why you should get on the injections, it's going to happen anyway.

I may be wrong, correct me other mods if I am, but I'm under the impression that TRT is a lifelong. Commitment and the use of hcg is not needed unless the op wants to have children in the immediate future? Shsouldnt the hcg be dropped until the op decided he wants to spread his seed?
As I've said before I know not much about TRT it's not used much here where I live and I'm not at the stage of my life where I need it yet so I don't know a lot about it I'm using logic from the standpoint of somebody doing a cycle

Yeah Nolys its life long I am a TRT guy lost a testicle only up side to it is I get a script for test lol. Though some Drs believe that it can be fixed in a short period of time but thats like say yeah the pain will stop from those six bolt sin your spine after some pt ( sure it will )

I know it's life ling commitment I was reffering to the hcg, if he doesn't need a kid right now what's the point

I agree bro. I dotn want kids any time soon but I also dont like having an empty purse and its worse for me with a prosthetic i look lopsided. But it is optional, though really I would recommend taking it in short bursts in long cycles to prevent serious shrinkage.

If she refuses to eventually give me the shots- I am desperate enough to give myself no testosterone in the future and go get bloodwork/ find a new doctor. HCG- I don't care to have kids- but I am always trying to play my own doctor and that landed me with a few addictions LOL so I said to myself I'll try out this protocol for a while and see what happens.... I already knew about the shots > creams but took what I got.

I just have one more question guys.... I was on benzos therapeutically, never abused for about 6 months a couple years ago. The withdrawal was HELL and I still don't feel totally right in the head.

I know hormones effect GABA function- such as progesterone. Am I ever going to be messing up my GABA again if I modestly blast and cruise??? I never ever want to experience something like that ever in my life.

Just found this on another website- did I suffer such an epically horrendous withdrawal from a mere .5mg of klonopin for 6 months (properly tapered off) just because I previously useed one test c cycle prior???????

""Anxiety is felt to be related to GABA-ergic transmission in the brain. For some time, it has been known that some steroids, particularly boldenone (Equipoise - boldenone undecylenate - ) and stanazolol (Winstrol - stanozolol), affect GABA receptors in the brain. GABA is considered predominantly inhibitory, i.e. a "chiller". Equipoise - boldenone undecylenate - can strip the brain of its natural chillers, GABA, creating waves of panic as you experience and describe so eloquently. Some people are born without sufficient GABA-ergic transmission, predisposing them to panic attacks such as you experienced, but in the absence of any externally administered drug. If you external stress overrides your GABA-ergic transmission, you will panic. So some only develop panic after a traumatic event. You probably had sufficient GABA-ergic transmssion for everyday life, but you were closer to that critical line than you thought, so when Equipoise - boldenone undecylenate - stripped your GABA, you were pushed over that edge into panic. Some people are very far from that edge, so they can take a gram or two of Equipoise - boldenone undecylenate - , strip their receptors, and still have no problems. Treatment options include benzos (which directly enhance GABA-ergic transmission, but have terrible tolerance and addiction potential and are NOT recommended), antidepressants (which by influencing serotonin and norepinephrine can enhance GABA-ergic transmission or simply screen more external stress through their mechanisms), and lastly DON"T DO Equipoise - boldenone undecylenate - . This last one is simplest and best of course."

Last edited:
I've used Boldenone for years without issues.... I've got something on GABBA and AAS somewhere on my computer, I'll try and dig it out...!!

With TRT you will only need low dose Testosterone (long ester) 125mg/week... Exogenous testosterone won't totally shut down LH, its action is dose dependant, it will likely lower LH... (But if you have low endogenous Testosterone LH will be low anyway)...

TRT takes the place of low natural testosterone levels, it won't increase your natural levels.... You are on for life basically.. (no drama).. hCG is a LH mimicking agent, it is used to induce spermatogenesis (sperm production for infertile couples)... You don't need it for TRT, it will just further suppress, an already suppressed LH)....

TRT is increasingly seen as a viable long term treatment for males with low natural testosterone levels, it works and can dramatically improve quality of life... It is unfortunate some doctors don't fully understand: Estered Testosterone half-lives, injection protocol for greater bio-availability, and stable blood plasma concentrations to negate side effects from peak plasma spikes...

Patches or creams might not be your best option, but at the moments it may be better than nothing... Your doctor may need educating, or replacing..

GF, can you further explain "injection protocol for greater bio-availability"?

I'm curious now because of fear that I may not be maximizing on steady test levels due to (what I thought) was proper injection protocol

GF, can you further explain "injection protocol for greater bio-availability"?

I'm curious now because of fear that I may not be maximizing on steady test levels due to (what I thought) was proper injection protocol

Its mentioned in Minto el al.... Injections into glutes 78% bioavailability.. as opposed to Quads 56%, & Delts 53%...

Let's say I have an average of about the 350 range of T. What is 100mg/ day of this cream going to be bumping this up to?- (taken into account not fully knowing how my physiology is receptive to the cream as lots of men prefer the shots, but my doctor won't give them to me so I'll take what I can get for now.)
Most guys get up to around 600 or greater with creams.
And I have another question.... lets say someone is on HRT... their baseline is 350 or so, and after a month or two of HRT, it gets bumped up to 700 or so. Is it ALWAYS going to stay at 700- or is your test eventually going to go down from 700 because your body will stop making it's own T and thus the artificial T is all that's present in your system? Does that make sense to anyone- I really don't know how to better word it.
If you are using cream, your levels will be more consistent than with injections because you are using it daily. With injections you have to use a greater amount than you need because it's for 2-4 weeks leading to a yo-yo effect. That said, most guys go for this option eventually.

Most guys get up to around 600 or greater with creams. If you are using cream, your levels will be more consistent than with injections because you are using it daily. With injections you have to use a greater amount than you need because it's for 2-4 weeks leading to a yo-yo effect. That said, most guys go for this option eventually.

With TRT injections you don't have to use a greater amount every 2-4 weeks, that is wrong... I've a mate going through the very same issue at the moment, his doctor decided against my better advice to pin once every 3 weeks... Now in the last week he feels like shite..

With any estered testosterone the hormone should be injected at least equal to the esters half-life when on TRT for more stable blood concentrations....

With larger doses like on a body-building cycle pinning twice per half life might be more prudent...

Multiple injections per week with small amounts, slin pins and subq would be my choice for the stablest level.

Or if you really wanted to replicate natural release patterns few mg of tne every morning. But I imagine it would get old really fast.

Multiple injections per week with small amounts, slin pins and subq would be my choice for the stablest level.

Or if you really wanted to replicate natural release patterns few mg of tne every morning. But I imagine it would get old really fast.

There's been quite a bit of pushing on sub-Q recently..... From my understanding if kept on or below 0.5ml there shouldn't be issues, larger volumes may cause problems...

Hormone kinetics after intramuscular testosterone cypionate.
Nankin HR.
Abstract
There have not been reports analyzing in detail the reproductive hormone changes in hypogonadal men after usual therapeutic injections of testosterone cypionate (TC). In 11 hypogonadal men 200 mg intramuscular TC caused a threefold rise in serum T (peak values, days 2 to 5), a 33% increase in % free T (%FT) (days 2 to 7), and a 4.5-fold rise of absolute FT (peak on days 2 to 3), a 66% increase in % nonsex hormone-binding globulin-bound T (%non-SHBG-T) (peak days 2 to 7), a sixfold increase in absolute non-SHBG-T (peak days 4 to 5), and a threefold rise of estradiol (days 2 to 7). Many of the men achieved androgen concentrations (T, FT, and non-SHBG-T) above the respective normal concentrations between days 2 and 7; then steroid values declined to basal levels by days 13 to 14. Non-SHBG-T showed the largest-fold absolute increase and on day 4 to day 5 averaged three times the mean in normal men. Five men achieved non-SHBG-T values several times the upper limit of our total normal range. Luteinizing hormone became suppressed in men receiving their first intramuscular TC injection and remained suppressed in men receiving chronic TC. Thus, in hypogonadal men, biweekly injections of 200 mg TC result in wide variations in circulating androgen levels, from high to elevated shortly after intramuscular TC declining to basal by days 13 to 14.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3595893

There's been quite a bit of pushing on sub-Q recently..... From my understanding if kept on or below 0.5ml there shouldn't be issues, larger volumes may cause problems...

Yes, something like that, tried it on myself with no problems with any kind of test (tren a gives painful welts, mtren is fine too). And the shots are easier to do and safer which is a plus for TRT. And this is leaving aside that it's thought that the peaks after big injections are the cause of high rbc trouble.

About the studies on levels rising quickly after the first shot... isn't that already known and the kick in time is due to the fact how they workd?