• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Just say no to BLUNTS!

NerdOnDrugs said:
I hate when people will bash mixing tobacco in a joint, only to bring out a tobacco-infested blunt.

The reasoning being that cig tobacco mixed with weed tastes like shit and ruins the flavor. I love my cigs and i love my weed, but i keep em seperate. Blunts are often flavored and complement the weeds flavor instead of ruining it. Blunts also burn alot slower, where as adding tobacco to a joint might make it burn more evenly if you didn't break it up right. If you did break it up right, cig tobacco is just gonna make it burn faster as tobacco burns faster than weed, thus potentially wasting weed.

Footloose said:
cig tobacco is just gonna make it burn faster as tobacco burns faster than weed, thus potentially wasting weed.
I beg to differ.

Tobacco burns more efficiently than pot. It has lower moisture content and is finer. If you roll a join with tobacco, the small bits create a more dence and homogenized roll. Tobacco joints not only burn slower but more evenly.

With that being said, I only smoke low quality pot in joints so I would never add tobacco. But I would never venture to say tobacco makes a joint burn slower. If you have ever smoked a 75:25 pot:baccy joint you would know what I mean.

^huh?

I'm not a blunt fan at all, but I have to admit that I've sampled some pretty tasty "wraps" in my day...

A somewhat slim, evenly rolled joint with not much paper (maybe a 1.25) and some fine marijuana is grrrreat!

ill smoke a blunt/wrap anyday. gets me super faded.
for personal smokage i prefer a bowl, or as of right now a zepplin

Different kind of blunt

I hate blunts, and I try avoid smoking them as much as possible, but I was wondering something. I noticed that the cigars I've seen used for blunts have two layers: a light-brown, thin, spiral-wrapped layer and, inside that, the dark, thick, tobacco leaf. Everyone always unravels the outer light-brown layer and throws it away, but to me it seems like THAT wsould be better to roll with. It looks like it's thin--resembling rolling paper, and, if I'm not mistaken, it's the flavored part. either way, I'm just curious because I don't see the point in mixing tobacco with me weed, but that's just me.

Uhh..

blunts are when its 100% grass
joints are when its grass & tobacco

atleast where i am

nativenick said:
i really like lungs make your weed go a long way

Dude, I know, specially if you bust it up first, then hit it with a torch lighter, haha, burn .4 in one lung and riper'!

But seriously, Fuck blunts, Blunts are only good for fuckin' outdoor weed or shake, ya know, garbage weed that would taste too disgusting any other way. Hydro and indoor blunts are a waste because they simply waste tooo much smoke, and blunts give people the idea your goin' to spark them up, ha!

vaporizing is FAR superior to a disgusting blunt.

by the time half the blunt is done, it tastes like complete ass, anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves. But hey, I dont really care what you smoke, as long as I dont have to!

Blazed and Bemused said:
so I smoked it and shared germs with the 12 other people in the room.... .

why the hell would u smoke with 12 people
that alone is wasteful of bud
there was only one blunt?
seems like u were partying with a bunch of assholes

I love blunts. I really think they are the best way to smoke, and definitly the funnest to roll. And fuck you if you dont like it. I hate people that bitch about blunts, what the hells wrong with you?

Relax, guys. I can see this turning to personal insults soon, and we can't be having that in this, a friendly Internet discussion. Anyway, whether or not a person likes blunts shouldn't be construed as an insult to you. You are not the blunt; insulting the blunt does not reflect upon you.

That being said, here are the reasons why I dislike blunts and would never roll them with my supply. Also, it just so happens that vaporizers eliminate all of these negative aspects of smoking:

-They make your weed taste bad if it's dank. A vaporizer on the other hand makes it taste absolutely incredible, just like it smells.
-They involve flame, which combusts and destroys a large percentage of the cannabinoids including THC.
-They sit there smoking away uselessly in between hits, thus wasting more of your weed.
-You have to put a lot in there, which means that every time you smoke you're using up like a whole gram. If your weed is good, that's unacceptable unless you don't mind spending 100% of your income on marijuana.
-Blunts in particular are very bad for your throat and lungs. Smoking it at all is bad for you, but blunts are the worst.
-By definition, you're forced to smoke tobacco with your weed, which ruins the subtle complexity of the delicate marijuana high and certainly of the flavor.

^^^ did you know that smoking out of a vaporizer eliminates alot more of the cannabanoids than smoking it out of a blunt.

Xorkoth said:
-They make your weed taste bad if it's dank.

WOOOOOOOOoooOOOOoooOOOO!!!

"My opinion is objective" alert!!!

i for one love the taste of a blunt, and it just tastes even better if its good shit rolled in a blunt.

^ i agree. nothing better than rolling up a blunt of chronic to your own head and getting ripped till ur laughing at random shit like back in the day.

dbighead2 said:
whats different between sharing a bong pipe joint and a blunt? peoples lips touch all 4.

smoking blunts aren't about being a gangster, they're about packing an ass of weed in one place and smoking it. They're for a big crowd of people.

it's really impractical to pack 6 bowls, when you can pack one blunt and pass it around the same number of times (if you pack the blunt tight enough it can be done).

and most of the black guys that I know that smoke blunts can easily afford to spend 20 bucks on a pipe.

it's just...pipes are evidence, pipes are easily broken, and people will steal your pipe, most people won't steal your blunt, and if they do..so what...$1.18, ha, I got another blunt.

u got it right now partner!!!

i love blunts!!