• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Just say no to BLUNTS!

Blunts are nice for certain occasions out of the ordinary, i'll usually be smoking a joint, but if some peeps got blunts raps then it's an occasion :)

I'll say YES to blunts thank you.

A blunt n a 40 a day keeps my anxiety away.

People that hate on blunts just can't hang. Everyone person i've met that doesn't like them coughed like a little bitch when they hit the chocolate swisher or sour apple dutchy i rolled. You get fucking massive rips, can get a boatload of people high as shit, and they don't taste bad at all.

I'd like to reaffirm my love for ghetto ass bongs (gravity or not) and quarter oz. blunts. Able to get mongo hits - gets you higher - waste of less weed.

Kthanks.

Let's weigh the pros and cons of using blunts:

Cons:

Somewhat wasteful
Slower come-up
Sticky fingers

Pros:

Easier to pass around
Disposable
Less evidence
Smoother smoke
Mellower high
Good taste
You don't have to keep fucking lighting them, which also means you have a free hand to hold your beer
Variety of flavors
Doesn't look like you're sucking on a glass dick
Rolling is an amusing art
More portability

Blunts win! Obviously I am biased. :D

ive only ever smoked one blunt - blunt wraps arent common over here, no one really smokes blunts
the blunt i tred was gross.......might have bn the flavour (green apple) but i wudnt go out of my way to smoke one again so i doubt i will end up smoking one again

I love blunts, and everything about them. Have you ever smoked a decent sized blunt with like 1-3 people? It will get you all amazingly high. It's much easier then repacking a bowl numerous times, not to mention a blunt burns so slow (if made correctly) so you can take your time. My weed is 99% of the time free though, so maybe that's why I don't mind blunts. I'm always the person that rolls them though out my group, and I admit I usually take the easy way, which is buying blunt wraps. But who cares? They are just the wrap, they usually have a fucking amazing taste to them, and you can pack so much more bud into them. But don't get me wrong, blunts are an occasional thing, not an every day thing. I love glass pieces just as much as the next guy. Bongs, in my opinion, are just too much work. I mean they're fun every once in a while, but I'd rather just pack up a bowl, or even a nice glass steam roller then a bong, because bongs simply have bong water, and bong water smells. I've had too many times where the bong water has spilled, and that smell is fucking horrible.

keep hitting the pipe... crackheads

jk

i like blunts cuz it's so much chiller and they're just fun to smoke, you can walk around with a blunt and don't have to light every hit. i like rolling blunts. i like puff puff passing. blunts are the shit. i'll only smoke a bowl if it's my bedtime smoke or if i don't have enough weed to roll a blunt.

i'm not a big fan of joints though. while you'll never see me calling a blunt a waste of weed, i will say that about joints.

To the orignal poster... How do they waste bud? If there is 3 guys smoking a blunt and each throws in .3-.4 it will make a blunt just about a gram which if it's good bud should be plenty to get high. Puls you can alwasy do shottys which help in the getting high processes. And how do u think they spread diseases more then any other peice of smoking equipiment? No matter what ur smoking if you pass it around a group everyone's mouth is touching it. I enjoy smoking for other things besides blunts but i love blunt just as much

blunts aren't about image, and neither is smoking weed for that matter..... are you tripping or something? smoke weed to get high, not for people to make judgements about you.

TheGreeenGlob said:
How do they waste bud?

Because a joint or a blunt looses a shitload of THC (~75%) due to side-stream smoke, pyrolisis and bad absorption.

mids and schwag is only good for joints and blunts IMO. Blunt wraps are nice, but I perfer a cigar to cut open anyday. :D Dank and higher is good for bowls for me.

Mind-Melt said:
blunts aren't about image, and neither is smoking weed for that matter..... are you tripping or something? smoke weed to get high, not for people to make judgements about you.

14.gif
14.gif

A blunt is my favorite way to smoke.. I don't get how it "wastes weed" any more than a joint...
They are great for large groups, but I prefer them for even a couple of people. If you get blazed with just half you can put it out and save the other half for later!
I like the stiffness of cigar paper. Joints are too flimsy, go out, and fall apart easier.
For dank, I like cigarellos, just like a blunt but smaller!
and yeah i agree its more convenient not to have to use a lighter for every hit

the blueberry wraps neverever let me down =)
i <3 bongs, but damn..a nice bluntride in the country=pretty spiffy.

i dunno, it doesn't matter to me. pipes, joints, blunts, bongs...i get high. & if i get high, my mission is accomplished.

l]evil said:
those are the blunts that are bad for you, the platinum wraps and shit, i.e purple haze, peach passion. they have mad chemicals on them,
still to philly or century

Could you elaborate? I love a good bluebrery wrap from the pipe shop, and while I'm more than aware that smoking tobacco causes health problems and that tobacco often has added chemicals (unless you smoke spirits and they aint make a blunt wrap, thank god), I wasn't aware that these wraps were any worse for you than the avarage wrap you cut off a blunt from the gas station.

See now I am a new convert to the blunt method of smoking. I used to be all about my pieces, and how dope they were, and how they maximized the amount of THC that got into my body. That was when a dime bag got me high three days in a row. Now that it takes a good gram of the highest grade to get me where I want to be I've discovered the joys of smoking a blunt. What are the joys of smoking a blunt?

1. People tend to bitch if you don't take the exact same number of hits as they do on a bowl. My lungs can't take big hits since I smoke Parliament Full Flavors and a blunt lets me sit on it and take small hits to my hearts content.
  2. Ever played with smoke from a blunt? Enough said.
  3. They do not get soggy, assuming you don't have some new head who wraps their whole goddamn mouth around it.
  4. They are amazingly fun to roll. When I didn't know what I was doing and could only roll joints, I hated blunts, and smoked exclusively in pipes, or papers if it was midgrade. Now I know what I'm doing and I get to enjoy the process of rolling a blunt. That's almost as much fun as smoking it.
  5. Blunts come in flavors. Does your favorite sidecar sherlock bubbler with color-changing swirls of gold in the glass come in flavors? Didn't think so.
  6. Finally, they burn SLOWLY. Unlike joints. So roll an 8th in one of the big white owls or something, or hell, buy a 'mega blunt' from the pipe shop (I have one saved up for a rainy day) and put a quarter of some flame high-grade and some kief or hash in there for a birthday. Or hell, you can even lace it with coke or crack or dope and you don't even taste the chemical smell, just the wonderful blunt flavor.

Now before you get all excited about how blunts waste weed, coke, crack AND heroin, remember that some people can afford to waste as much of these as they want. Not because I'm Jack Millionaire, but because I have good dealers who have ridiculously fat bags of most everything. It ain't dicksizing, it's just my situation.

I'm puffin on a pina colada swisher right now %).

Blowmonkey said:
Because a joint or a blunt looses a shitload of THC (~75%) due to side-stream smoke, pyrolisis and bad absorption.

Where did you get this information?

Blowmonkey said:
Because a joint or a blunt looses a shitload of THC (~75% due to side-stream smoke, pyrolisis and bad absorption.)

LiveIllegal said:
Where did you get this information?

if the high from a blunt is what loss of 75% of THC feels like.......thats some good THC loss in my book. mmm.

I aint debating the information because I trust that you would get it from a decent source, you dont get to be the moderator of cannabis discussion by being ignorant about weed, but that just dont make sense to me...i would understand if it was a smaller number but 75% is the majority of your thc there.....how do you explain gettin so wastedly off-my-ass high from a blunt and not near that from smokin a similar amount in a bowl? oxygen depriavation from holdin in your hits and the interaction with tobacco cant account for ALL of that difference in the high....Obviously different ways of smokin get you higher, yea but im just sayin, as far as this in particular goes i dont understand how smoking something that supposedly only uses 25% of the THC that is available can get you higher.

The bioavailability of THC, i.e. the amount of THC in a given dose that makes it to general circulation, varies dramatically depending on the method of delivery. When THC is delivered intraveneously (a bioavailability of 100%), it produces effects at only 0.06mg/kg (Ohlsson et al, 1980). Intravenous doses of 5mg can produce peak plasma concentrations of greater than 400 µg/L (Kelley and Jones, 1992). The amount of THC in a cigarette is typically between about 10 and 100mg of THC. A single, high potency (10% THC by weight) cannabis cigarette weighing one gram contains 100mg of THC. Half or more of this THC is lost in sidestream smoke that is never delivered to the lungs (Perez-Reyes, 1990). Experiments using a smoking machine show that depending on puff volume and puff interval, as little as 16-19% of the THC present in the cigarette may be delivered as mainstream smoke, while as much as 69% is transferred to mainstream smoke if the cigarette is smoked in a single puff with no loss via sidestream smoke (Davis et al, 1984). About 30% of THC is assumed to be destroyed by pyrolysis. More THC is lost due to incomplete absorption of inhaled doses in the lungs. Actual bioavailability via a cigarette, i.e. the percentage of THC in the cigarette that is delivered to general circulation, ranges from 10 to 35%, and varies according to puff volume, breathhold duration, and depth of inhalation (Grotenhermen, p. 331). More experienced users tend to achieve higher levels. This appears to be due to different smoking behaviors in experienced users, since plasma levels and AUC values are about the same for heavy and light users following intravenous THC administration (Ohlsson et al, 1982). Bioavailability is higher (45% in one case) with pipes, which reduces loss via sidestream smoke (Agurell and Leander, 1971).
http://www.geocities.com/cannabinoidscience/Administration.html