• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Just Realized I Have A Abcess, Is It Too Early To Get Medical Help?

420MeganIsSavage69

Greenlighter
I just noticed yesterday that an abcess has began to form on my left arm. I know 100% for a fact already that this IS indeed an abcess because I have had one before on the same arm so am able to tell the signs. It's not too very big yet really and I have only been experiencing pain for about a couple days now but I am wondering if it is still too early for a doctor to be able to do anything to treat it still and to wait a few days before going to the doctor? Or if I should go today to seek medical treatment for it? Thank you.

Not something I've ever experienced but if it's early enough for you to be sure, I would assume it's early enough to do something about it. It's possible by catching it early that oral antibiotics might be enough.

It would benefit you to nip it in the bud now so it's easier to treat. I wouldn't wait.

If it is not a sterile abscess then Time = Tissue Necrosis, puss formation an the ever so pleasant Lancing required by the doctor. Antibiotics are your friend and if used early a needle aspiration might be feasible instead of "open draining".