• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Just prescribed LEVORPHANOL, anyone experienced side effects?

finis

Greenlighter
Two weeks ago my pain mgmt dr prescribed Levorphanol 2mg 3xday after I had ER visit where morphine drip did not relieve back pain. Oxycodone, Remeron, Restoril were discontinued. Clonazepam .5mg 3/day added.
The Levorphanol seems to cause restless leg syndrome (severe) which clonazepam does not address. Tramadol which was prescribed several yrs ago also caused RLS so it was stopped. Other problems include blurry vision and anxiety but I don?t know if these are from the Levorphanol as no information was included with the medication which was mailed.
There are only a few user reviews on the internet for Levorphanol and various drug sites show differing side effects.
so, if anyone has any experience with Levorphanol prescribed or not please share. Thanks.
BTW, it?s no miracle pain killer.

Yeah I didn't like it.... The withdrawals are crazy bad even at 4 mg 2x a day. I hear it is amazing IV, but I wasn't injecting at the time. I would definitely compare the effects of it to methadone.... It's like methadone, but it feels as strong as bupenorphine. It's garbage IMO.

levophanol withdrawal

Thanks for your input TacoDude. I did not even think about withdrawal nor was this discussed with pain mgmt dr. I am just getting over withdrawal from Lyrica. Internet search revealed ?...most give up in the middle...? attempting to withdraw from Levorphanol . My first two months Rx for Levorphanol was $5, yet I found on the Net the cost is ~$2,500 to over $4,500 per month. My VA co-pay would be $1,000. When I mentioned this to PM dr at a 2 wk follow up appt he looked surprised saying ?they told us this was cost effective?. ?They? probably being a bigpharm salesperson. When I questioned the supplier of the drug I was told the $5 was based on my income which was just a lie since I received the Levorphanol overnight after seeing PM doc. So I figure I get the $5 charge until my body is hooked then I?ll end up paying the one thousand bucks for a drug that does not work well for pain, makes me feel sick, and has a boat load of side effects.
I did find on the internet that Levorphanol is prescribed in an injected form with orally being a far back second best and sublingual ineffective. The best I could figure it was developed in the late?40, marketed as Levo-DROMORAN and has been rebranded as Levorphanol at a ridiculous price for chronic pain patients.
i am so tired...

It's just another opiod so it will have the dependency... After a month it was a nightmare so I can't imagine your situation. It is the long half life that draws it out. I found using the sustained released oxycodone with the immediate rise oxymorphone to be the best management plan, but no doctor will script that upon request and will likely flag someone who asks as a drug seeker. Such is the way of this broken medical system.

Stupid Doctors

It's just another opiod so it will have the dependency... After a month it was a nightmare so I can't imagine your situation. It is the long half life that draws it out. I found using the sustained released oxycodone with the immediate rise oxymorphone to be the best management plan, but no doctor will script that upon request and will likely flag someone who asks as a drug seeker. Such is the way of this broken medical system.
Why my PM doctor just did not increase the oxycodone (I was on 80mg/day) I don?t know except that some cute drug rep sold him on Levorphanol which is supposedly equal to 120 oxycodone. I had been on the same 80mg for four years except for six month period where oxy was reduced to 40mg/day and Lyrica added. Lyrica caused severe reactions so it was stopped from 450mg to zero in a two week time frame. And why PM dr told me to stop 15mg each of Remeron and Restoril I don?t know except these were prescribed by my shrink and not him. Control. Now depression has set in and I get no sleep. The Levorphanol does not even cover the pain as well as the oxy did. I can?t go against PM dr demands because of the pee tests. Control. I am being treated like a lab rat. Four weeks before I see PM dr again and every hour feels like a year. I will ask for your combo, TacoDude, as I have nothing to lose. My condition is Degerative disc disease, spinal stenosis with full body arthritis . Reports back me up.
BTW, I am sorry that you too suffer and must endure life as much as enjoy it, truly sorry.

Do not go against your plan. Shit will show up in your pee for a long time and it will be caught. Give me a second to think further

I don't know if asking for a combo is a good idea as it can lead to drug seeking labels especially since I have them, those would be the two most sought out abusable drug, and I was injecting the oxymorphone even though I took the oxycodone orally.

Now that being said if you feel confident asking your doctor for the 80 mg oxycodone ER 2x with 5-10 mg oxymorphone IR 2x I could see that making a big difference if you only use the oxymorphone when the oxycodone doesn't cut it as it has a 7-9 hour half life and lasts a long time even for immediate release. It shouldn't even be used more than 2 days in a row to prevent too much of a tolerance to develop as it will develop making your usual dose forever weaker, but no one should live on high doses and rather do best to find adjunct treatments to get better and not just maintain as that's all opiods do

I would suggest cannabis use too if your pain management doctor aporoves. Do not get the CBD from the gas stations and smoke shops as besides the risk of running into synthetic cannabinoid products as well as CBD would likely trigger a pee test

Mj

I would suggest cannabis use too if your pain management doctor aporoves. Do not get the CBD from the gas stations and smoke shops as besides the risk of running into synthetic cannabinoid products as well as CBD would likely trigger a pee test
I posted something similar to this but it did not show up in my profile. Since I am a green lighter I may have reached my post limit, IDK. My PM doctor is not anti-MJ but it?s illegal, criminal, where I live. I appreciate your suggestions TacoDude. My last physical therapist said he would pray for me, it made me feel like he had given up. I do have Red-Vein Bali Kratom and may try it one day as sometimes it works., it is legal here. I also have CBD oil from a reputable supplier, but it is THC free and does nothing for this pain. I am getting worse every day on the Levorphanol. I want off all this poison and wish I could be put into a rehab facility just to see if I could survive without any opioids. But the VA would not cover rehab.I?m in bed or using power wheelchair now. Today I call and beg PM dr to get me off Levorphanol and back to my old 80mg oxycodone. It?s no wonder why ppl in pain resort to street drugs. Thanks again TacoDude for talking with me. It has helped.

Call 211 and ask for the national referral service for an in patient detox and like I said look for one that does a phenobarbital or slow ween with Suboxone or methadone if you really want to try to get off, but it will be a challenge.