• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Just noticed something on my new prescription, (Note/Special Instructions).

UtterlyConfused

Bluelighter
I've never had a prescription with a comment or a specific date on it. There is a reason why I selected my username as "Utterly Confused". LOL - Anyway, I'll make it short even though I have some odd/kind of nervous thoughts about it or if I should just call my Pharmacy? The initial date I was prescribed my 10mg of Diazepam was last year on a 15th. Even though I was updosed on that date, I waited til the 25th to fill it as I don't like refilling too early even though I technically could have given that change/circumstance. If I ever do it is 1 -2 days, usually one, and both me, my Doctor and Pharmacy count the day filled as day one. I've even spoken to his nurse practitioner about it a long time ago and they say I can do that. So does my Insurance. They usually let me pick it up on the 29th - 28th day as not to run out on the 30th due to not being able to get there in the afternoons and evenings. Never had any problems with it. However, I am switching back over to Clonazepam with a dose increase. My Doctor whenever he changed it back said "Well, you're refill date is the 15th" whenever he was checking his computer. Now, my refill date sort of changes given months with 31 days/28 days and 1 - (occasionally 2 day), early pick ups. On the script, it says "Do not fill before July 15th". I was going to wait the 29/30 days anyway before getting my Clonazepam filled, but the instructions also say "Discontinue Diazepam as of July 15th.". Well, my prescription pick up dates for all of my meds, not just this one due to the factors I've mentioned are usually around the 23rd/24th/25th or 26th. Is there a reason he made those annotations? And if I do decide to fill it on the 15th will there be any problems? Or should I wait until my Diazepam runs out? Sorry, I've just never encountered this. Thanks for any knowledge or tips in advance. - "Utterly Confused".

.. You pick it up on the 15th, and that's when your new30 day cycle starts..

-HS

.. You pick it up on the 15th, and that's when your new30 day cycle starts..

-HS

Thanks. I just didn't know if the Pharmacy or my Doctor would raise a flag seeing as how I just got my Diazepam filled on the 26th. This 2 days before my Doctor switched me. Which would make it about 11 days within that 30 day time frame. It's a C-IV. So, I didn't know if I could do that or not without any snags.

He thinks you should run out of old script on 15th, and you will use it until then. Then you will pick up new/different script and start it.

But just go drop it off at pharmacist and they will let you know if there is an issue.

It really sucks having to have your life revolve around pills and when you can get them. I've missed out on a bunch of trips or had to make them shorter because I have to wait to get meds and new pharmacies don't like filling narcotics, especially out of state. Plus getting treated like a crack head by pharmacies is always a great feeling. I finally found one where the head pharmacist/manager treated me like a human being. Of course she retired and it's back to the old treatment by her replacement.

Anyways...nothing to worry about on your end getting it early since it's a new script.

It wont even be early by any means anyway. Doctors write all sorts of shit. I would look at the date written on the script (the fill by date) and if after said date, fill it. After doing all the other normal checks I do. Youre fine.

Back and thanks for the advice, everyone. I really don't like taking risks with this sort of stuff, especially as my area is a pill mill/heroin haven and it was hard to get proper treatment for this in the first place. They're very paranoid about any type of prescription, etc... Only I'm affected by the People who Doctor and Pharmacy Shop/Abuse Medications. It really sucks and makes me paranoid. And also, I'll try just stopping by the Pharmacy and dropping it off/talking to a the Pharmacist. Thanks! :)

Yeah, I appreciate the help. It's helped a bit with my anxiety. But again, I would like some more reassurance to ease my conscious. Like I said, where he said he thought my refill date was on the 15th of every month, and the script says do not fill until the 15th as I've said, with that annotation, is that going to make the pharmacist raise his brow and possibly call my Doctor as to why he wrote it that way? Things like "Well, he just picked up a script for Diazepam on the 26th" etc... and end up getting in trouble with my Doc even though I haven't done anything that breaks any policies or laws. As in with me originally waiting til the 25th the first time I was updosed and then getting it filled on the 28th/29th days/28/31 day Months that makes my refill dates different. Again it's a new medication, (Clonazepam), which is in the same class. I'm just worried that my Doctor is going to think that I am abusing my medication/diverting/stockpiling, (which I'm not), because of that or a red flag will be raised either with the Pharmacy or my Doctor. I was going to go ask or call, but now I'm hesitant. And yes, I've always been an overly paranoid person, and you can make fun of me for that. LOL - It's funny but not really. The situation isn't, nor my Diagnosis, (which includes a psych condition, schizotypal personality disorder), that I start seeing a psychiatrist here for in August again. But it's okay to laugh if you think I'm overthinking this too much or being too paranoid.