Just Need Someone Who Understands

wolflvr36

Greenlighter
I have been addicted to everything my whole life and I just have no one to talk to. I am currently taking Naltrexone for my addictions to Kratom and everything else and I'm struggling. I am taking 50 mg of the Naltrexone pill a day and it's only been a week and want to know if increasing the dose would make the pill work better for my cravings?

That sounds really tough but you are better off sticking with the dose you are taking and supplementing that with some non-drug therapies that could really help. If you have spent your whole life in addiction it is going to take some time, lots and lots of faith and patience, and strategies borne of trial and error to finally vanquish those cravings from your life.

Craving is so intense. In the moment you feel urgency and desperation and your mind focuses on the one thing (whatever it is you are craving) that will take those uncomfortable feelings away. I'm always amazed at the way my ADD brain, that can't focus on anything, can become a laser tool when it comes to craving (for me that's sugar but what difference does it make what it is?) Try to get in the habit of dialogue with yourself. Have some thoughts ready for when the craving hits or won't leave--thoughts like, "I can deal with this. It is temporary even though my brain wants me to believe it will never go away." You'd be surprised at how you can retrain your thoughts.

How old are you and when did you first start using drugs?

Hang in there. You've come to a good place for support. There isn't anyone in this community that has not either dealt with cravings, is dealing with them now or is panicked about having to deal with them in the future. <3

Last edited:
Oh thank you so much for replying. I am 42 and I first started drinking when I was 15.
I went into rehab for alcoholism at 21 and I haven't touched a drop of alcohol since then. I was 23 when I started using drugs like Adderall and Xanax. Then I went on to Cocaine and Meth and I would say my drug of choice is Meth. I was able to quit all of that by using Kratom and I have been on that for about 8 years and now.
I am now trying to quit Kratom with Naltrexone and I hope to God it helps. Just knowing you and this community is there is such a comfort for me.
How old are you?

I am 64. :)

It's impressive that while you started drinking at 15 and drank for 6 years you were able to quit at such an early age. It's hard to quit alcohol when it is all around and pushed on you in every social situation. Congratulations on all the effort you have made so far trying to get control of your life.<3

There are many people here trying to get off Kratom. There is also a very good Reddit community dedicated to this. Here is the link:https://www.reddit.com/r/quittingkratom/

It is another great community for support.

It's all one day at a time. I installed an app called Sober Time, it gave me something that measured how long I had actually been clean. 32.64 days clean from benzos at the moment. Also impressed you managed to quit alcohol! If you managed that you can manage this <3

I bought an exercise bike at a garage sale and I have probably put 500 miles on it. I used it during withdrawl to sweat and give my legs something productive to do. After I got thru wds I use it for anytime I’m having a craving I just jump on and pedal as hard as I can for ten minutes. It’s been a real tool in my recovery. After your heart gets racing and your sweating the next thing you’ll want to do is get a shower. It actually takes up some time so it’s a good interrupter for those long drawn out boring hours.

^ Hey man, glad you have an outlet. Have you any groups near you that you can join?; know it's always a gamble with these situations but connecting with people (albeit a difficult endeavour and a gamble) can help you have a better quality of life; help with boredom and regulate mood, through experience with people.

Therapist is getting me into group and I am going to meeting s twice a week but it’s not the right feel for me yet but I’m going to continue to go until I find the right meeting.