• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Just Looking for a Quick Bong ID

TheSacredTree

Bluelighter
Does anyone know what brand the bong used in the movie "Mac & Devin Go to High School" was? I didn't find the movie to be the best but watched it because Snoop and Wiz are two of my favorite rappers and i really liked that bong they had in there. Here's a screenshot of it;

MacDevin_bong.jpg

Anyone have an idea?

Yeah, but like, what would you look up to find one with those four chamber things attached to the stem? I've never owned a bong before so i don't know what those are called. But i'm trying to find that exact one they have in he movie (or a clone of it, i don't care if it's labelled).

Oh, I see what your asking. I can't seem to find a distinct name either.

I don't see a label; it is probably an off brand or custom made. The bottom part is obviously an inline as said already, but I've never seen a chamber like that before. That part of the bong you are referring to, is usually called the Ice Chamber. It is kind of cool looking huh? Kind of like a space ship or something.

I would spend some time looking at off brand inline bongs and see if you can find it. Another option would be to talk to a glass blower and get him/her to blow one for you. It shouldn't be hard, but might be expensive (inline's aren't cheap!).

Hmm... I've been searching for this thing for like the past hour and a half now. It probably is custom for the movie. Oh well, i guess i'll just have one made special someday.

On a side note, anyone have any experience with Magic Glass? Because if i can't find that one from the movie for sale, this would probably be my second choice. I just don't want to go with a bong i know nothing about though and i don't have anywhere to go to try one out. I think this one looks pretty cool too though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just don't want to go with a bong i know nothing about though and i don't have anywhere to go to try one out.
Sense this is your first bong, and you don't have much experience, may I suggest that you look at cheaper alternatives? If you are anything like me, you WILL break that thing. Also, that grasscity bong looks overpriced imo.

Might I suggest something sturdy that will not break your first week you get it? Also affordable...

^^ This is the ONLY bong I have bought that I have not broken. If this is your first bong purchase I would HIGHLY recommend getting something along ^^those lines. Even if you DO break this, your not losing your week's paycheck ;)

Also, I know you have your eyes on those big hitter bongs...but trust that this 14", 14mm will hit like a BEAST!

A little off topic but when you start getting bongs with all those attachments like inliners, ash catchers, diffusers, etc. you run the risk of stripping some of the taste from your smoke. I eventually had to remove a couple of my expensive inline/ash-catcher attachments and shelf them because all the bells and whistles were making my super tasty Kush taste like very bland smoke. I used to like it because the bong looks cooler with multiple attachments on it but I realized more filtration isnt always a good thing. A single inline attachment shouldnt hurt it much but resist the urge to start playing with all the cool looking attachments if your weed is really tasty.

A little off topic but when you start getting bongs with all those attachments like inliners, ash catchers, diffusers, etc. you run the risk of stripping some of the taste from your smoke. I eventually had to remove a couple of my expensive inline/ash-catcher attachments and shelf them because all the bells and whistles were making my super tasty Kush taste like very bland smoke. I used to like it because the bong looks cooler with multiple attachments on it but I realized more filtration isnt always a good thing. A single inline attachment shouldnt hurt it much but resist the urge to start playing with all the cool looking attachments if your weed is really tasty.

Oh wow. I actually never knew that before. I knew they add a ton of extra drag which tires your lungs faster, and i knew the more water the smoke goes through, the more THC is filtered out, but i had no idea they remove the taste too. Good to know. Thank you.

Sense this is your first bong, and you don't have much experience, may I suggest that you look at cheaper alternatives? If you are anything like me, you WILL break that thing. Also, that grasscity bong looks overpriced imo.

Might I suggest something sturdy that will not break your first week you get it? Also affordable...

^^ This is the ONLY bong I have bought that I have not broken. If this is your first bong purchase I would HIGHLY recommend getting something along ^^those lines. Even if you DO break this, your not losing your week's paycheck ;)

Also, I know you have your eyes on those big hitter bongs...but trust that this 14", 14mm will hit like a BEAST!

I agree that Magic one i posted is a bit expensive but i've actually read that one of the things the company prides themselves in the most is the high quality borosilicate glass they use that's supossed to make their bongs nearly indestructible. However, that bong you posted is awesome too and you're right on it being really cheap. And i am going to need a second bong for when friends come over so i won't be worrying about them harming something important and stopping me from toking up for a few weeks. Maybe i should pick one of those up too as a back-up. Thank you for that link!

No problem. What dank said is true too.

Also, just a heads up, I'm not sure if that model I posted in the link is even still available. It doesn't even look like you can still buy it anymore. But you can at least get a feel for some of your other options out there...enjoy!

Yeah… because smoking is fantastic for your health. Lol. Typical stoner kid comment.
Lol. It's true though. Plastic is no fun to smoke out of. Doesn't sound cool, doesn't look cool, doesn't taste good, doesn't smell good. So full of carcinogens.

so you keep plastic totally out of your life, never drink from plastic, never eat from plastic, never touch plastic for fear of cancer?

if you can't make and smoke from a bong without burning/inhaling/ingesting plastic you have issues, i guess in a similar sense as paying hundreds of dollars for a glass piece. more money than sense i would suggest.

i had to LOL at 'doesn't sound cool'. do you smoke because its cool?

sorry for fucking up your thread. i hope you find the bong and blow a bunch of money on it so you can impress your friends and look cool.

Last edited:
so you keep plastic totally out of your life, never drink from plastic, never eat from plastic, never touch plastic for fear of cancer?

if you can't make and smoke from a bong without burning/inhaling/ingesting plastic you have issues, i guess in a similar sense as paying hundreds of dollars for a glass piece. more money than sense i would suggest.

i had to LOL at 'doesn't sound cool'. do you smoke because its cool?

sorry for fucking up your thread. i hope you find the bong and blow a bunch of money on it so you can impress your friends and look cool.

No, i mean, i use plastic all the time, just not around fire.

And that's not what i meant when i said "doesn't sound cool". I meant the literal sound you get as the smoke bubbles up through the percs. I don't know why, but i find that to be one of the most attractive sounds in the world (up there with the exhaust notes of a Maserati Granturismo). I don't smoke just because it's cool.

But anyways, yeah, i have some spare money. Is that a bad thing? I happen to be an 18 year old kid with two businesses of my own who doesn't have to pay rent or insurance because i live with my parents. Do you have some sort of problem with that or something?

I honestly have no idea why we're arguing right now.

No, i mean, i use plastic all the time, just not around fire.
ok. so you can't smoke a cone/bowl without burning plastic? do you have a motor-neuro disease, are you blind, have you seen the 'does smoking ganja make you stoopid thread?
Do you have some sort of problem with that or something?
not at all, like i said, if you want to blow a bunch of cash (from your, not one, but two business') then go for it, hope you can find some glass that sounds like a maserati, that would be cool.

all i did was post a pic of a cheap, shitty, 'dangerous' bong, it was you that got argumentative.

NSFW:
Yeah... Because that doesn't look dangerous at all. Lol. I would never smoke out of something plastic.

sorry about your thread, dude, bong on!

ok. so you can't smoke a cone/bowl without burning plastic? do you have a motor-neuro disease, are you blind, have you seen the 'does smoking ganja make you stoopid thread?

not at all, like i said, if you want to blow a bunch of cash (from your, not one, but two business') then go for it, hope you can find some glass that sounds like a maserati, that would be cool.

all i did was post a pic of a cheap, shitty, 'dangerous' bong, it was you that got argumentative.

NSFW:
Yeah... Because that doesn't look dangerous at all. Lol. I would never smoke out of something plastic.

sorry about your thread, dude, bong on!

Sorry but, what about a cone and bowl? And i don't think i have a motor-neuro disease but i'm also not entirely sure what they are either. But i do have mild asthma that gets much worse around plastic fumes. And i have not yet read that thread.

And i'm sorry if my original comment regarding the bottle-bong sounded like i was trying to start an arguement. It 100% honestly was not meant to sound like that. All it was supossed to be was a joke that i also did actually mean. My personal preferance is to not smoke out of anything containing any sort of plastics. I have nothing against the people out there who do, it's just that i would rather not do that myself.

Most people would say the same thing - "I wouldn't smoke from plastic"

Although personally I've probably smoked from enough plastic / aluminum pieces to give me permanent lockjaw, (not really) its still nasty, tastes like ass and most likely isn't safe for you. "Typical stoner kid comment" aren't we all stoners here?? I dont know about you but I'd rather smoke from a pipe instead of a water bottle...