• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Just joined

LittleSeagull

Greenlighter
I'm not sure if joining here would help me stop ketamine or not, or if seeing posts about drugs might make me start wanting to take stuff I've already gave up lol

Ketamine doesn't even do anything to me anymore, but I still crave it, I'll do a separate post in more detail but for now hello I'm Little Seagull

I'm not sure if joining here would help me stop ketamine or not, or if seeing posts about drugs might make me start wanting to take stuff I've already gave up lol

Ketamine doesn't even do anything to me anymore, but I still crave it, I'll do a separate post in more detail but for now hello I'm Little Seagull
Welcome!

Welcome! I've taken the liberty of linking a thread to some of the gnarly effects of ket abuse

Thanks

I've seen some stuff online but I'll have a look, I knew someone of who died because of it, I'd only met him a few times, he'd struggle to walk upright and couldnt piss properly, he'd piss out globs of bladder lining, then I heard he'd died sat up on a couch, his body just gave up he'd not eat or anything just sit and do K non stop till his organs all shut down

Welcome LittleSeagull! Have ya lurked here for a bit, or ya new entirely? We definitely do have a recovery support forum, as with mental health peer support, those would be awesome to check out!

About ketamine, yeah people too often have the misconception it's "light stuff", when I've seen people enter dialysis from the abuse of ket.

I'm extremely sorry to hear about that, that's absolutely tragic. Ket abuse can be some serious shit, especially with the precursors often left in it, in context of renal toxicity.

Welcome LittleSeagull! Have ya lurked here for a bit, or ya new entirely?

I was on here before on and off with past addictions to benzos mainly, I thought I'd join again to get advice on stopping K or cutting down, and find others who know how addictive it is to ask if they are also immune to its effects

I was on here before on and off with past addictions to benzos mainly, I thought I'd join again to get advice on stopping K or cutting down, and find others who know how addictive it is to ask if they are also immune to its effects
There's quite a lot here to relate with, you'll find it extremely helpful here in your recovery journey.

Disso permatolerance is quite more common than people think it is for sure. Certainly not a thing exclusive to DXM. How much would you use, and still use? Are you cutting down currently, or just starting?

Try checkin out H and R:

Plenty of people happy to help there and share their experience

While I hadn't have a full blown addiction to ket my self, I'll tell ya, I certainly had felt the potential of such. The stuff is way too easy to let loose on, you're certainly not alone, and bluelight is happy to have you here <3 Make a post on over there, share your story, where you're at in your recovery, and I'm sure you'll have quite a few people with similar experiences.

How much would you use, and still use? Are you cutting down currently, or just starting?

Well through lockdown and up till a couple of months ago the K was hit and miss, so I'd buy some be disappointed and not go back for ages, and I was sure my dealer was cutting it, I'd buy a gram it would be good I'd go back to buy 2 grams while she had good stuff in and she'd sell me crap, either she cut it or she'd sell me different stuff, rubbish she must of had leftover, I'd then not go back to her for a long time, I do have another dealer but she don't always have stuff in but she's more consistent, she don't bash it so I'd go without till I got a text saying new stuff is in, sometimes that would be weeks sometimes longer

But recently my dealer has had good stuff in that's consistent and she's not ripping me off, it's as if she's finally realised I won't go back for ages if she does

So or the last 6 weeks or so its been most days then a day or 2 off then a few days on, I had some last Sunday morning but it wasn't fun so I threw the rest away and thought I'd try again to stop, it's not been fun for a while now I don't know why I keep going back to it thinking "this time might be fun, this time it might work better"

Well through lockdown and up till a couple of months ago the K was hit and miss, so I'd buy some be disappointed and not go back for ages, and I was sure my dealer was cutting it, I'd buy a gram it would be good I'd go back to buy 2 grams while she had good stuff in and she'd sell me crap, either she cut it or she'd sell me different stuff, rubbish she must of had leftover, I'd then not go back to her for a long time, I do have another dealer but she don't always have stuff in but she's more consistent, she don't bash it so I'd go without till I got a text saying new stuff is in, sometimes that would be weeks sometimes longer

But recently my dealer has had good stuff in that's consistent and she's not ripping me off, it's as if she's finally realised I won't go back for ages if she does

So or the last 6 weeks or so its been most days then a day or 2 off then a few days on, I had some last Sunday morning but it wasn't fun so I threw the rest away and thought I'd try again to stop, it's not been fun for a while now I don't know why I keep going back to it thinking "this time might be fun, this time it might work better"