• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Just had enormous success with Making Mushroom Chocolates.

MetanoiaMan

Bluelighter
I had a huge summer yield of mushrooms that I grew with a growing kit. Highly recommended if you get the chance. I was skeptical of the process, but if you follow instructions, it's totally doable. Next time, will be even more successful. I was drying them as fast as I could. It was kind of ridiculous. Anyway, I had such a surplus that I needed to use imaginative ways stop store them, cause I didn't want to leave a ton of em lying around. So, here's what I did. I bought cooking chocolates, and a double boiler. I melted the chocolate. and found that I could fit four ground up mushrooms into a cooling piece of chocolate. The chocolate would get grainy with that amount of mushrooms in it. almost like a coconut candy. But what I found was that the fat in the chocolate was absorbed by the dry mushrooms even before they froze. And after the froze, they were super smooth. So get as much mushroom into there as you can. Like I said, I ended up with half dollar pieces that contained four ground up mushrooms. Total Success.

WHY aren't you just smoking DMT?!? It coverts to psilocin remember?

I don't think smoking anything is good for you. And Mushrooms as they say in the mountains of mexico are the "flesh of god." Why wold I want to smoke DMT when I can consume mushrooms that I created and nurtured myself from spores. It's so fucking remarkable.

Home grown mushrooms are great fun:) - I find the full process of growing from spores, misting, picking and consuming to be very rewarding.

I never got why people knock grow kit users, get of ya high horse, we don't all have time or maybe they don't have access to sterile equipment

I never got why people knock grow kit users, get of ya high horse, we don't all have time or maybe they don't have access to sterile equipment

I totally agree man.

Grow kits are an excellent resource. Ok, so it might be cheaper to do it DIY but they are still more than suitably adequate, and for the yield and number of flushes compared to price you really can't knock them either.
I used one and got hundreds and hundreds of grams with a great ease and very little effort for 30 quid all in. You really can't knock that! It was a very enjoyable process also, whereby I meditated with them daily and acquainted myself with the great Mushroom spirit within them. Good times...

This sounds great...mushrooms and chocolate; 2 of my favourite things! =D
Let me think...

So I should just buy a bar and equate the grams of chocolate used to grams of dried powdered mushroom, reconciling xg of chocolate to yg of mushroom, say 20g chocolate should contain 2g of dried mushrooms provided I melt the chocolate down in a bain marie, then stir in the powdered mushrooms evenly and reconstitute in the fridge upon removing from the heat and cooling?
I'm kinda concerned that it wouldn't evenly distribute, or the chocolate could propose a difficulty in homogenizing the mixture properly since it's a rather velvety, oily, thick substance...(even when made into liquid form with the bain marie)....?

This sound alright? I'm more than happy to consume a fair whack of chocolate. I'm a real chocoholic :D I think a good, quality 87% dark chocolate should suffice for complimenting the admixture, for myriad reasons :)

So I should just buy a bar and equate the grams of chocolate used to grams of dried powdered mushroom, reconciling xg of chocolate to yg of mushroom, say 20g chocolate should contain 2g of dried mushrooms provided I melt the chocolate down in a bain marie, then stir in the powdered mushrooms evenly and reconstitute in the fridge upon removing from the heat and cooling?
I'm kinda concerned that it wouldn't evenly distribute, or the chocolate could propose a difficulty in homogenizing the mixture properly since it's a rather velvety, oily, thick substance...(even when made into liquid form with the bain marie)....?

This sound alright? I'm more than happy to consume a fair whack of chocolate. I'm a real chocoholic :D I think a good, quality 87% dark chocolate should suffice for complimenting the admixture, for myriad reasons :)

the darker the better yum. I'm a big advocate of throwing in some ground cocoa beans and some chili pepper, maybe cayenne pepper would also be nice.

I just make individual candies so I can make sure that each piece has exactly 1.5 grams in it (I could put in a heftier dose but it's nice to have an excuse to eat another one:) ). I melt au bain marie, then put a blob of chocolate on a piece of baking paper and mix the mushrooms in, let dry in the freezer. If you use molds for fancier-looking candies you can mix the powder in after you fill each mold.

The way I make them they arent very good looking but they taste great. I like the 'graininess' that Metanoiaman mentions in the op.

I bought a growkit a month ago and I've just harvested 300 grams from the first flush woohoo.
I still hope to grow my own in the future but it takes a lot of effort that's not in the stars right now. I think growkits do deliver bang for my buck compared to the hassle they save me. I should have made a couple of spore prints though.

WHY are you using a grow kit?
So fun. It's like alchemy. Whole process took close to two months, but yield was a couple of ounces. It is one of the most fun experiments I ever undertook and was able to ear freshly picked mushrooms which are a whole different animal....HIghly recommended.

buy whatever chocolate you like. melt it in a double boiler. Put it in a cup, or an egg cup. Make the size as small as possible. Then, chop up the amount of mushrooms you wish to put in dose, and mix them well. The dry mushrooms really absorb the fat in the chocolate and even if they start out grainy, once you put them in a mold and freeze them, they end up smooth. Think of individual chocolates as doses, don't worry about weight, think mushroom amounts in each chocolate.