• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Just got presribed zyprexa. Take in the afternoon or save for when not high?

it blocks dopamine AND serotonin receptors sounds like ambien/quietiapines to me, saving for like...... to knock yourself out or? cause i cant see it being recreational tbh

Do you have schizophrenia? I only ask because your same is "schizopath".

What is the purpose of the olanzapine for?

I have zero idea if your on 5 mg for sleep or 20 mg for serious schizophrenia or whatever.

If your suffering from some severe mental illness id take it everyday as it says on the bottle.

Its not personal. Its just i dont know you personally.

I have zero idea if your on 5 mg for sleep or 20 mg for serious schizophrenia or whatever.

If your suffering from some severe mental illness id take it everyday as it says on the bottle.

pretty sure we all suffer from a degree of mental illness some just choose to show it more than others

Most likely Paranoid schizophrenia/affective

Sleep and mania + psychotic symptoms

Planning to yeah

IME this stuff just fucks with your head... hard. had to take it for a while, didn't help me a bit. It just made me feel sick and zombie-like in the worst way possible.

If you need it - take it - try it... if not just save it. I'd throw it away, but that's just IMO.

I agree i took it and it didnt help me either. I really with they didnt prescribe it so often because in my opinion it just saturates the opinion on the drug as overall very negative. I think this could cause lots of issues due to the imo smaller amount of people who could benefit from it not taking it due to the legitimate negative experiences.

BUT, i think with any powerful drug if you just over prescribed them for all kinds of stuff it would probably cause alot of negative effects.

If you have "
Most likely Paranoid schizophrenia/affective

Sleep and mania + psychotic symptoms"
I would try taking it everyday as long as it doesnt interact dangerously with any drugs you plan on using recreationally. I wont tell you to stop using drugs because id be a hypocrite.

My reasoning for this is (as a nondoctor) what you probably have its not anxiety, major depression, insomnia or some off label use. To my knowledge olanzapine is
A. directly approved for what you may have
B. What you described sounds like its really important to manage

Id say ideally even it does reduce the high thats not necessarily a bad thing because its about more then the peak.

Say hypothetically it make it so you only got 66% as high. However it
A. Reduced greatly/eliminated your paranoid and psychotic symptoms
B. Reduced/eliminated the affective lows and extreme highs where you could make choices thats impair your life like overspending, reckless driving, ect.

For example i take lithium and depakote everyday and sure i dont get as high as i used to BUT im also not ending up in hospitals, having bizzare behavior, suicidal lows ect. And i would prefer my moderately elevated state over my old as high as possible state anyday.

As a dopamine antagonist it will KILL just about any high. It will immediately kill any stimulant or psychedelic high for sure.
It is also the worst medication in existence for weight gain. Literally, I mean. Worse than Seroquel or Mirtazepine. People seriously gain like 100lbs. So I'd be really careful.

What it's good for is:
1) If you have trouble sleeping it will knock you the fuck out
2) If you actually have psychosis, it not a bad AP

The give this to dogs that won't eat lol.

Oh and please get blood glucose tests. I took Quetiapine and was misdiagnosed as an insulin-dependent diabetic because it made my blood sugar more than 6 times the normal amount.