Mental Health Just got diagnosed with Neurosis

delphinen

Bluelighter
I have been on a treatment to treat my Bipolar Disorder II for a year, and after my latest seizure, EEG, and talk with professionals, I have been also/or diagnosed with "Neurosis"; I have been given more benzodiazepines to treat my infinite tolerance, in order to control my tremors, palpitations, and shakiness when alone in public, like traveling on the bus or the sub.
I have read that Neurosis has a very broad spectrum of disorders, but I feel very connected with this:
Wikipedia said:
According to C. George Boeree, professor emeritus at Shippensburg University, the symptoms of neurosis may involve: ... anxiety, sadness or depression, anger, irritability, mental confusion, low sense of self-worth, etc., behavioral symptoms such as phobic avoidance, vigilance, impulsive and compulsive acts, lethargy, etc., cognitive problems such as unpleasant or disturbing thoughts, repetition of thoughts and obsession, habitual fantasizing, negativity and cynicism, etc. Interpersonally, neurosis involves dependency, aggressiveness, perfectionism, schizoid isolation, socio-culturally inappropriate behaviors, etc.
Anyone ever got diagnosed with Neurosis or something within it?

?
Neurosis isn't even an illness or a diagnoses, though? It's a TYPE of mental illness. That's like breaking a bone and being diagnosed with "hurt".

Hey,

I've been diagnosed with Bipolar as well, but not neurosis. Neurosis seems like a catch-all diagnosis, but nonetheless very real and potentially detrimental to ones psyche.

Hmm.. in regards to that quote, I currently have problems with irritability, vigilance, impulsiveness, some times obsessive thoughts and socioculturally inappropriate behavior.

How do you feel about the label?

I don't know guys, I am neurotic as in anxious very bad when there's people around, this is the brain diagnose in order to make a Tomography
tomografiaanon.jpg

Neurosis isn't a diagnosis anymore in the U.S. Sounds like what you're describing is social phobia and/or agoraphobia. I would be careful with developing a high benzo tolerance because that's going to cause more problems in the long run.

Neurosis isn't in the DSM5/ was removed in 3. ICD 10 doesn't have a specific entry, but stuff like "anxiety neurosis" as a synonym for GAD, generalized anxiety disorder. Not sure about others. Old term that is too nonspecific.

I had some 70-year old psych say neurosis in neurotic depression or something like that, but it didn't mean much. Social anxiety, agoraphobia in depression for me.

Neurosis isn't a diagnosis anymore in the U.S. Sounds like what you're describing is social phobia and/or agoraphobia. I would be careful with developing a high benzo tolerance because that's going to cause more problems in the long run.
My "main" doctor has been for a year by now giving me pills of 10mg Diazepam and lots of Pregabalin instead of the Clonazepam I used to abuse years ago... he also wants to fully switch me from Venlafaxine to Mirtazepine, which I don't want to -my main concern now is my weight because of the Pregabalin and Mirtazepin (I know, there are worse things).
Finally, yes, my "neurosis" is triggered by anxiousness.

Neurosis isn't in the DSM5/ was removed in 3. ICD 10 doesn't have a specific entry, but stuff like "anxiety neurosis" as a synonym for GAD, generalized anxiety disorder. Not sure about others. Old term that is too nonspecific.

I had some 70-year old psych say neurosis in neurotic depression or something like that, but it didn't mean much. Social anxiety, agoraphobia in depression for me.

Neurotic depression sounds like me, if I would be able to diagnose myself. As for Agoraphobia, I'll have a read later what it is.
Thanks for your help guys. Next stop- the results of my Tomography.