Lost Just found out one of my dearest friends passed

My condolences to you girl.a few close friends of mine passed away suddenly from overdoses too. hope you feel better soon, I send u lots of love 🤍🤍🤍

Last edited:
Hey girl......you know I'm sending lots of love and hugs your way. I know it sucks but it will be okay. Am really thankful you got off the gear while the gettin' was good.

Stay strong and take heart that you won't fall by the wayside like your friend did. I know she probably loved you as much as you did her. :hear4t:

Hey @SoCalShordie , I am so sad to hear of your loss. My heart goes out to you, her family and her friends.
The death of a young person is always a tragedy but it's even worse when it's from something that could've been prevented. I lost my best friend to an overdose 4 years ago and it's still hard.
I hope you're doing okay. Reach out to her family and friends when you need to, and you can always reach out to any of us here as well if you need to talk to someone <3

Hey girl......you know I'm sending lots of love and hugs your way. I know it sucks but it will be okay. Am really thankful you got off the gear while the gettin' was good.

Stay strong and take heart that you won't fall by the wayside like your friend did. I know she probably loved you as much as you did her. :hear4t:
Thanks babe that really means a lot to me you have no idea 💜💜💜

Next Sunday, 1/23/22 is my best friend of 30 years funeral service. I knew her since I was 9 and she was 8. The past few years we've had some major distance because we live 3 hours away from each other and some drama and bullshit that went down. We still spoke on the phone occasionally and it was like we were still how we always were. She got clean a year ago off dope and was on methadone. Her mom passed right before Christmas snd she was devastated. She had a rough life tho, found out when she was 18 that she was adopted and her mom used to beat the shit out of her when we were kids, I saw her mom throw her down the stairs then throw a chair down the stairs on top of her and then top the pile off with a vacuum. Mom had serious psychological issues. I spoke to her rightl.

Im so so sorry for your loss.

She was also a heroin addict, but unfortunately never got off like I did. Like we all hoped for her. Don’t know how to deal with loss, need support..
So sorry you’re going through this. It’s so painful to lose someone, especially after watching them go down a black hole and knowing there’s nothing you could do about it. I’m glad you were able to stop. Hang in there. Hugs

Thank you so much everyone for lending your support, it means so much 💜💜💜

I'm so sorry for your loss. There are not many words I can say that will take the pain away, but we're all sending love your way. It's sad thinking how many friends I've lost to drugs, too, but not everyone makes it out, sadly. <3

She was also a heroin addict, but unfortunately never got off like I did. Like we all hoped for her. Don’t know how to deal with loss, need support..
Shit happens all along the way....sorry for your loss.I even forget how many people that i have known are gone. Life is just a blink of an eye indeed

@SoCalShordie,
I’m sorry you’re feeling the enormity of the loss of someone whom you were so close to. It’s a terrible feeling certainly, and my hope is that you’ll be able to see in time how fortunate it was that you stopped using H when you did. Imagine all of those around you that would be feeling much as you do now, about the loss of your friend.

In time, your thoughts will turn to the fabulous times you spent together, and her cause of death will be on your mind less frequently. Try to remember those times now. Smile when you think of her and recall a good memory of times you shared.

@SoCalShordie,
I’m sorry you’re feeling the enormity of the loss of someone whom you were so close to. It’s a terrible feeling certainly, and my hope is that you’ll be able to see in time how fortunate it was that you stopped using H when you did. Imagine all of those around you that would be feeling much as you do now, about the loss of your friend.

In time, your thoughts will turn to the fabulous times you spent together, and her cause of death will be on your mind less frequently. Try to remember those times now. Smile when you think of her and recall a good memory of times you shared.
Thank you so much, and thanks to everyone else who said kind words 💙

Thanks babe that really means a lot to me you have no idea 💜💜💜
Death sucks. Its shit. I lost my partner of 20 years to an OD 6 years ago. Got so fucking tired of the " he's in a better place' (where??), 'time heals all wounds (NOT!). Basically the grief stays with you. Its
like a fucking rollercoaster. fuck the five stages of grief. You could be just peachy one day and something will trigger you and BAM! You are right back in it. Its a journey only you can take on your own terms and I guess instead of trying to move through the grief, which I said never really goes away. We need to learn to live along side of it. My heart really goes out to you.

Death sucks. Its shit. I lost my partner of 20 years to an OD 6 years ago. Got so fucking tired of the " he's in a better place' (where??), 'time heals all wounds (NOT!). Basically the grief stays with you. Its
like a fucking rollercoaster. fuck the five stages of grief. You could be just peachy one day and something will trigger you and BAM! You are right back in it. Its a journey only you can take on your own terms and I guess instead of trying to move through the grief, which I said never really goes away. We need to learn to live along side of it. My heart really goes out to you.
Thank you SO much for reaching out. And I’m so sorry about your partner, my heart aches for you too. Sending love 💕