• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Just discovered something...

Pills should never be taken via IV or IM. In simple terms there are so many fillers that it can cause capillaries and even veins becoming blocked which can cause tissue loss and even amputation.

Here’s the Harm reduction bit, if you are going to inject pills then you need to use a wheel filter to get as much of those small particle fillers out of the solution. The 0.2 pore wheel filter is the one that is recommended if you are shooting pills. I’m going to add an info graphic of how to use a wheel filter.

In general a wheel filter should always be used when shooting anything but I realise they can be expensive.
I know pills are bad to IV and wanted to know more about the filter you mentioned. Did you mean to say a .22 pore wheel filter or 0.2 micron filter? It would seem a 0.2 would be better as it's smaller and may filter out the smallest of particulates. I am thinking of IVing Dilaudid (Purdue) pills and wondering if filtering with a 0.45 micron first, before using a smaller filter would be a good idea? I saw somewhere that even 2 different sized filters can be locked in serial (one after another) but not sure if there would be too much resistance causing possible bursting??? Would like to know your thoughts or anybody else's.

I know pills are bad to IV and wanted to know more about the filter you mentioned. Did you mean to say a .22 pore wheel filter or 0.2 micron filter? It would seem a 0.2 would be better as it's smaller and may filter out the smallest of particulates. I am thinking of IVing Dilaudid (Purdue) pills and wondering if filtering with a 0.45 micron first, before using a smaller filter would be a good idea? I saw somewhere that even 2 different sized filters can be locked in serial (one after another) but not sure if there would be too much resistance causing possible bursting??? Would like to know your thoughts or anybody else's.
Sorry no one has replied to you! I have been off BL and only checking it infrequently.

As to your question, yes you’d be better to use the smallest possible filter which is the 0.22 i think. If you wanted to filter it through the 0.45 first that would be good but it’s going to be a bit of a mission. Worth it though in order to ensure you’re filtering out as many fillers as you can!

I advise not to IV the pill, it’s 60% bioavailable orally, IV it’s something like 78%. Is it worth that extra 18%? Doubtful, it metabolises so quickly when you IV. You are better taking it orally.

Sorry again for the delay, I’ll check tomorrow in case you’ve replied.

Sorry no one has replied to you! I have been off BL and only checking it infrequently.

As to your question, yes you’d be better to use the smallest possible filter which is the 0.22 i think. If you wanted to filter it through the 0.45 first that would be good but it’s going to be a bit of a mission. Worth it though in order to ensure you’re filtering out as many fillers as you can!

I advise not to IV the pill, it’s 60% bioavailable orally, IV it’s something like 78%. Is it worth that extra 18%? Doubtful, it metabolises so quickly when you IV. You are better taking it orally.

Sorry again for the delay, I’ll check tomorrow in case you’ve replied.
Hey. No worries about the reply time...I appreciate the response! My thoughts about the binders is why I thought about the 0.45 micron filters. You mentioned that it may be difficult to push through that filter but I don't understand why exactly. I thought that because it is a more porous filter, that it would be easier?

I had thought the bioavailability orally was about 30 to 40% of I'm not mistaken. I'll take your word about the BV of it IV. When you say it metabolizes very quickly, do you mean the rapidity of effect onset? I know that IV is inherently dangerous (esp. pills) and that it's better if I plug or insufflate. Also the risk of endocarditis, abscess formation, PE, stroke.. Yikes.

Let's say I wanted to try IV just once and I normally take about 4 mg of Dilaudid daily for pain. Thus, I have a low tolerance. Do you think 0.5 mg may be fair trial? I'm not sure about how many units to dissolve it in because that would determine the strength I'm guessing. However, adding more sterile saline or water after the extraction would also serve to dilute it further, but I'm not sure how that would be any different than dissolving it in more water from the beginning.

I'm sure you, and myself, would ever condone IV pills to anybody but if I do decide to, I just want to do it with the least possible harm.

Thanx