• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Just cracked my families safe... how does one resist whats inside...

If medication is still in use by someone, taking it from them, just in general and especially for a selfish and ill-advised reason is cause for especially bad karma to be sure, and I would not blame such a person for finding it very hard to forgive the appropriator, especially in cases of pain, be it physical, spiritual, emotional, and other things which make things really hard like other psychological and neurological conditions which can be treated to varying extents with medications . . .

When people have been in early and middle narcotic withdrawal, some of them have explained to me what was up and I was glad to fix them up if I could, often suggested it myself, and helped them cipher out a plan to remedy the situation. That is why I never throw away old medications too, so I have a small number of several types of narcotics to help these folks, with 10 and 15 mg MST Continus being very useful after telling them to start with some codeine tablets. There was no need for them to be dishonest or forceful.

In particular, I put a very high priority on beating the bushes when needed to scare up some meds to keep people who come to me out of benzodiazepine and sedative withdrawal and do keep some meprobamate, phenobarbitone, pentobarbitone, diazepam and chlordiazepoxide around for emergencies like this, and people have given me things to add to this emergency supply like small amounts of gabapentin, baclofen, and pregabalin, even tiny amounts of chloral hydrate, paraldehyde, and clomethiazole for this if they have some left when they are switched to other medications, as well as sodium oxybate, the medicinal version of GHB. There are chemists in the area who will give someone in serious trouble enough of something like that to get through a trip to hospital for official medical management of it if the withdrawal is already going on. Nobody has really taken unfair advantage of me doing this, as I simply never have the inventory levels to make this possible . . .

By the way, chloral hydrate and paraldehyde do have a useful life of a year at most when they are opened and exposed to air -- strong smells from the bottles are the first indication.

When the medication is no longer needed in these cases as indicated by the patient, and there is extra medication floating around and other people in pain could use it, I think there should be the option of harvesting it. This also goes for other medications ranging from oral rehydration salts to anti-infectives to all other drugs used for things from allergies to reproductive problems and so forth.

Stability and freshness may be an issue but not as often as with food (there are some exceptions: antibiotics have an especially high risk of becoming crazy toxic after their expiry date, and I have heard of some tetracyclines killing people and causing the need for liver and kidney transplants within a year of the expiry date on the manufacturer bottle) .. . until further notice I would assume any new biologic has those or other unknown possibilities that should not be gambled with.

I do have a box of aciclovir which lists a manufacturing and expiry date 16 years apart, and says that is should be stored in a cool place.

OTOH, opioids are famously stable, and I have mainlined 130-year old morphine hydrochloride tablets and powder and 40-year old diamorphine hydrochloride ampoules . . . There is opium in the pyramids which would still work if one ate or smoked it.

There may be other Bluelight folks who are more familiar with this as it relates to birth control pills and things like that; the same for other endocrine and hormonal agents including hormone replacement, blockers, and anabolic steroids.

I have heard that benzodiazepines and a lot of non-CNS drugs are similarly stable, and I have noted that barbiturates and non-barbiturates can be also, especially meprobamate and the like, whilst it is possible for barbiturates to noticeably lose potency over decades.

Vitamins are all over the map -- Vitamin E should be discarded if there is a strong smell developing and this can happen over a few years, and storing a lot of drugs in hot and humid locations can make them more likely to do this; some are photosensitive as well. I have heard of catabolic steroids like methylprednisolone slowly becoming weaker. Indeed, there are many drugs which will emit a distinctive smell of a precursor or decomposition product as they break down.

Wasting medicine is a sin, especially when there are people who cannot afford and access health care. In the United States, the prescription pills all have imprints on them -- keep them in the bottles and see they get where they need to go.

These cops and others who claim to be destroying disused medicine are thieves and a half if they really are doing that, but I am sure that there is really a lot of drug dealing and barter for sex, grand theft auto, and arson and things like that going on in these organisations. One busybody lady with some safety organisation famous for crying crocodile tears doing safety lectures about this kind of thing actually had the beginning of a track mark which I could see --speed, smack, benzos, who knows, and her son was busted as a huge and very talented stimulant clandestine chemist who cooked up every amphetamine and amphetamine variant under the sun, pharmaceutical-grade pyrovalerone analogues, cathinones, loads of Captagon and even did a synthesis of 4-methylaminorex with materials I had no idea could be used and really made me laugh hard at the people trying to control meth by lowering the boom on Sudafed . . . I did hear lefetamine mentioned, and it sounds like he extracted the benzylamphetamine in OTC inhalers and came up with some of his own Amphetamine Variants He Knows & Loves . . . sort of like Shulgin and the Breaking Bad fellow rolled into one, sort of a George Washington Carver of stimulants . . . I would be surprised if he was not also looking into some Bolivian Marching Powder and mescaline analogues. . . .
. . . and they busted a police officer with a big dustbin full of prescription bottles and codeine cough syrup bottles.

Last edited:
I know how tough this is. I moved in with my grandma to take care of her while she was very sick and dying. She had huge amounts of morphine, fentanyl and diazepam. I managed to go the whole 4 months without touching it, just thinking how she would suffer without it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still human garbage and I stole the whole lot after she died....but at least it wasn't anything she needed, you know?

I agree with this. Maybe you parents have problems they didn't want to share with you. Taking the medication may leave them sick and they will never trust you.

Next time put all that time into robbing a pharmacy. Even better results and no one gets hurt except Big Pharma.

Oh and share the joy ;)

rolling a joint on the floor laughing

3DLmi0u.png

?

My dad died of cancer and there was shit loads of morphine left over. As a heroin and methadone addict clean a few months do you know what I did? Took it all back to the pharmacy to be destroyed. That was six years ago and haven’t used a single time since.
I was on the same situation as you were when my mom was dying of cancer aswell. But since I was young, immature and stupid plus hooked on oxy already. I hid a box of 22 morph ampoules in my underwear, and here i am 7 years later, still hooked on opiates. meh Either way i would still be using opiates.

I was on the same situation as you were when my mom was dying of cancer aswell. But since I was young, immature and stupid plus hooked on oxy already. I hid a box of 22 morph ampoules in my underwear, and here i am 7 years later, still hooked on opiates. meh Either way i would still be using opiates.
Your just not ready yet that’s all. For me to take the meds back was a miracle lol
Something changed in me when I lost my dad.
I’d tried plenty of times to quit over the years unsuccessfully. It took a few things in my life to coincide for me to quit.

The grandfather of a girl that I know died of cancer and he left behind several morphine formulations, multiple boxes different brands, finished the whole lot of them in 2 months maximum. But i didn't feel bad because we didn't steal it from him, stealing from pain patients makes you a huge asshole

Soso, it’s funny that sometimes everything aligns and you are ready and able to quit. For me, it was alcohol. I was finally able to be free of alcoholism after several random events let me know I was ready to be sober. I am glad you realized that you were ready to be clean!

The grandfather of a girl that I know died of cancer and he left behind several morphine formulations, multiple boxes different brands, finished the whole lot of them in 2 months maximum. But i didn't feel bad because we didn't steal it from him, stealing from pain patients makes you a huge asshole
true i didn't steal from my mom when she was still alive, i stole the box of morphine when she was dead and their were gonna give away those meds. SO i was like WTF, if they are gonna trow em away id rather finish em myself. haha