• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe just checking! (subutex q)

axe battler

Moderator: SLR, EADD
Staff member
hey all. fucked up this morning, havent used in 8 months thanks to being on 16mg subutex.

i caved this morning and smoked a bag, it was obviously very underwhelming thaks to the bupe. i didnt take my subutex this morning, but took half my dose yesyerday morning.

can i take my normal dose of bupe at the pharmacy today?????

it was a one-off and im not dependent on the heroin, just the subs. will i go into precipitated withdrawals???

thnks!!!

ps. and sorry for starting new thread for this but i really need to know for sure. I have about 6 hours until i need to be at the pharmacy and im very scared of PWs.

Last edited:
i used the search engines but to no avail. im aware its a bad idea if id been using for a few days and got dependent on h again, but there isnt much info on a one time use of H. Can anyone help?

There will still be heroin present in your system if you smoke it ~6h before taking bupe. Nobody can say for sure whether you'll experience PWs or not because the amount of heroin in a "bag" can vary widely alongside the fact that smoking is only ~60% efficient or something like that.

I'd say you have nothing to worry about as long as you aren't still high when you take the subutex. Wait untlil you feel w/d coming on for best results.

of course, thanks. the gear wasnt great quality but enough to feel ever so slightly high for a couple of hours despite being on 14mg bupe daily (and about 7-8mg yesterday).

im going to chance it. itll be about 7 hours since using and im not high now at 4.5 hours so hopefully ill be okay. since using ive only spent the "high" worrying and googling/BLin precipitated wd's - not exactly worth it or something ill repeat in a hurry...

Taking that high if dosages of bupe for that long, you won't feel full effects of other opiates for about a 72 hour window. You should be good to go to dose bupe as normal without worrying about PW, as you felt very mottled effects from the H you did, it means bupe is still heavily attached to your mu receptors and still actively blocking any other opiates from attaching to them. You're safe to take bupe as normal. I just did it yesterday.