• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Just bought 250 mg of 4 AcO-DMT, looking for tips!

planetaryexplorer

Greenlighter
This is my first time doing any sort of psychedelic, and I'm looking for tips such as what to do, where to go, etc.

Go easy with this one. I suggest you invest in a nice scale to measure dose properly.

This is my first time doing any sort of psychedelic, and I'm looking for tips such as what to do, where to go, etc.

As always, set and setting are crucial.

Be somewhere and around someone that makes you feel at ease. For some that's at the beach, for others that may be inside their own flat watching a movie. Tripping in the great outdoors might be fun for most people, but if you're someone who's very particular about washing their hands after using the bathroom it might not be an ideal location for your first trip ("fuckfuckfuck I had to touch my dick while peeing and now I can't rinse off the dead dick-skin-cells which means everything I touch it's like I rubbed my dick on it I feel so dirtyguiltydirty fuckfuckfuck"). It's a *very* individual thing.

As far as psychedelics go, 4-AcO-DMT is supposed to be fairly mindfuck-heavy. If you're tripping solo you might want to start with a relatively modest dose (say, ~10mg) to get a feel for the psychedelic experience; a typical dose of 4-AcO-DMT would be around 20-25mg, which should be equivalent to an equal amount of Psilocybin (which corresponds to about 3 grams of dried Psilocybe cubensis shrooms).

Don't smoke weed on a psychedelic in order to "mellow out", unless you know how you react to the combo - for most people cannabis will just make the whole experience more emotionally intense.
Small doses of benzodiazepines can help get bad trips back under control, and a moderate dose of a benzo + an antipsychotic can flat out kill a trip when you need to abort.

Also, are you on any meds? SSRIs/SNRIs will usually diminish the strength of a trip to some degree, antipsychotics will block almost any kind of psychedelic effect.
MAO inhibitors will greatly potentiate psychedelics.
Lithium will unpredictably potentiate psychedelics and possibly cause unpredictable physiological side-effects.

Echoing both previous posters sentiments (go easy, definitely)......that's an interesting choice of substance for your first trip....what made you decide on 4-AcO-DMT?

Hodor- that's a pretty damn comedic account of a wilderness "dead dick skin cell / dick on object rubbing" extravaganza......and pretty detailed......got some first-hand knowledge there? Hahaha. Regardless, some good points of advice for OP in your post.

Not enough info; be more specific.

Tripping in the great outdoors might be fun for most people, but if you're someone who's very particular about washing their hands after using the bathroom it might not be an ideal location for your first trip ("fuckfuckfuck I had to touch my dick while peeing and now I can't rinse off the dead dick-skin-cells which means everything I touch it's like I rubbed my dick on it I feel so dirtyguiltydirty fuckfuckfuck").

Personally, I'm *much* more concerned about touching my beautiful member with my dirty hands than the other way around...

Firstly I recommend checking out the Big and Dandy for 4-Aco-DMT: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/742439-The-Big-amp-Dandy-4-AcO-DMT-Thread-Act-Five

Due to sedating and somewhat confusing nature of the 4-Aco-DMT trip I'd recommend to stay in familiar comfortable places with minimum amount of people, alone or with the sitter or tripping with close friend is ideal for it IMO.

For me 4-Aco-DMT is all about CEV's, deep cosmic level insights and deep appreciation of music, and particularly, composing music. I love playing musical instruments on it or just making noise - very powerful experience! %)

It may get very spiritual, so if you are into rituals, yoga and meditation, there is definite enhancement and these activities are very pleasant while on 4-Aco-DMT, at least for me.

The deep high won't last too long - about 3-4 hours, then quite a quick decline and pleasant "mushroomy" afterglow, when it's fun to talk about the experience, watch movies, eat, e.t.c. It makes me feel rejuvenated in the same fashion mushrooms do too, giggles are present with it too! =D

I personally liked a lot the combo of 4-Aco-DMT and 4-Aco-MET, havent tried it with 4-HO-MET yet...8)

By itself I would recommend 20mg as a starting dose, of course after performing an allergy test a few days before tripping with 1-2mg of the stuff. Also I highly recommend to keep your stomach empty - IMO tryptamines always "respect" those who fast before tripping.

Be safe! ;)