• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Just another Day

Papaverium

Bluelighter
My eyes open, the piercing screech of the daily alarm has once again summoned me to my fate. Incoherently tapping my phone, I hope to shut it off before it wakes my room mates. It's 7:00am, still dark outside, as I ponder the meaning of existence to be simply meaningless. A strong yawn comes over me, as I stretch my sore muscles... "Today is the day", I tell myself with slight confidence.
Hurling myself out of bed, I've come to realize that 20 minutes has passed since I've last looked at the clock. "Goddamn it!", I curse, as I rush to throw on some clothes and try desperately not to miss my bus to work again. It was a close call, but I made it.... I made it onto the path to a monotonous 8 hours of wishing I could be dead, or at least numb... Numb it away.
Work was tiring, though I don't do much physical labour, it was just so tiring from being depressed and unable to harvest the energy to enjoy life without the use of opiates. "Why am I even alive?", I question, as I leave work to catch my bus, and try my damndest to not call my dealer before I get home.... Even though, I know once I get home, I'm doomed and destined to call him. The hatred that drives me to use is so strong, I submit to it's power.... every....fucking....time.
As I lay in my bed, setting my alarm for tomorrow, wishing that it would all be over..... that I would not wake up this time, I think to myself, "there has to be life beyond these emotionless walls. Tomorrow will be the day!" and with slight confidence, I close my eyes.

My eyes open, the enraging tones of the daily alarm summon me to the same thing.... day after day.

I read this the other day and it really hit close to home, but in a good way:) thanks for sharing!!

As the Sun rises, I try not to despise my own mind, and the lies that I tell myself from day to day. Thoughts I wish would just go away, but I'm pretty sure they are here to stay, and listen to me say, "Why must you treat me this way?" as they laugh because the matter of fact is that I am my own attacker, and the victim being hacked at. I wanna say it's sad but instead of doing that, I'm gonna tell myself that I'm glad to have had the ability to experience what I feel is good and what is bad. Things should always work out in the end, without having to pretend, and put on this mask before I send my spirit out to defend what needs to mend. They say time heals all wounds, so I'm watching the hour hand of the clock slowly peel away from 7am to 8. Too late to sleep now, might as well keep going, put all my effort into growing and evolving, involving all that I was told will help me stay warm when my psyche gets cold. Golden stories once told to a girl who thought she held the entire world.~