View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Just a thought

Seph

Bluelighter
Has anyone else ever considered what way the 60's counter culture would have went if Hoffmanns 4-aco-dmt had been the big drug , or to a lesser scale what would have happened if 1p-LSD was synthesised first as well as would it have become illegal as well as it's more mellow than standard lsd ? Feel free to ignore this if you think I'm talking shit , pretty stoned atm ;)

Has anyone else ever considered what way the 60's counter culture would have went if Hoffmanns 4-aco-dmt had been the big drug , or to a lesser scale what would have happened if 1p-LSD was synthesised first as well as would it have become illegal as well as it's more mellow than standard lsd ? Feel free to ignore this if you think I'm talking shit , pretty stoned atm ;)
There were larger archetypes at play than simply the chemical make up of LSD 25.

This is very true , I'd say it could at least have an effect on artwork and possibly the odd event in history where LSD was specifically to play like in a scientific study ,media attention . Or go the other way and consider that if the hallucinogenics around weren't shrooms acid n mescaline to name a few but were like 25x and dox would the psychedelic movement have taken off with such serious side effects at the high doses of the sixties

1P-LSD is far less distinct from LSD than the other psychedelic drugs which were available during te counter culture movement, such as STP (DOM). I can't see 1P-LSD having had any significant impact on the course of that movement.

Yeah I'm feeling that this may have been more of just a stoned thought cause it's just full of flaws ? ah well least I've now learnt that DOM was around back then

Cool thing about acid is that the minute amount required for full effects can't be detected by taste. I guess what i'm saying is that if 4-aco-dmt were used prankster punch and all those "free" turkey sandwiches wouldn't have tasted so good/innocent, the psychedelic experience would't have been so easily distributed. Additionally there's just something freaky about a substance that can produce powerful intoxication at 100ug, 4-aco-dmt just doesn't have that same bizarre appeal to motivate researchers. LSD was an essential piece in the puzzle of the psychedelic revolution, the whole picture wouldn't have been able to form without it.

4-aco-dmt is mildly bitter. It's not potent enough to fit on blotter, but wouldn't significantly affect the taste of a drink or food item.